• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Y r u teaching it hydro pump....Feraligatr has pathetic special attack...it won't be good for it...your current moveset is good enough

redzb1

KING~N!!!!!
    Years
    help

men im confused i kept thinking should i play this game or not i already played silver i finished it and beaten red but i think theres new events in this game and im only using emulators and all HG/SS roms i found are japanese, are english HG/SS released yet?:cer_confused::psy copy:

Years
    men im confused i kept thinking should i play this game or not i already played silver i finished it and beaten red but i think theres new events in this game and im only using emulators and all HG/SS roms i found are japanese, are english HG/SS released yet?:cer_confused::psy copy:

Yes HG/SS has been released in England.

Pokefreak9014

Pokemon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2010
    Where can i catch wooper and quagsire? PLS HELP and pls dun tell me i nid to surf to catch them or anything because i am catching them so i hav a pokemon to surf and if i nid a good rod pls tell me whr to get 1.
    Thks in advance to any helpful advice

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Wooper can be found in that route outside the Union Cave, and I believe in the cave itself. If I recall correctly, Quagsire is in the cave as well, but that might only be after you get Surf.

Years
    Where can i catch wooper and quagsire? PLS HELP and pls dun tell me i nid to surf to catch them or anything because i am catching them so i hav a pokemon to surf and if i nid a good rod pls tell me whr to get 1.
    Thks in advance to any helpful advice

Places where Wooper is found - Route 32, Ruins of Alph, Union Cave, Cliff's Edge Gate, The Cliff Cave and Safari Zone.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Nope.

You can't see the 3rd starter set in-game, so if you chose Totodile, you ain't seein' no Cyndaquils.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    how do i teach zapdos drill peck? it's not in the heart scale movelist, or battle frontier moves. because in lg/fr it already had it at level 50, so how do i do it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Rate my battle frontier team please

hey just wondering what people thought of my current battle frontier team.

I have:
    Metagross: meteor mash, psychic, metal claw, hyper beam
    Elevtirive: thunder punch, fire punch, cross chop, thunder
    Gengar: shodow ball, dark pulse, mean look, psychic

also any suggestions on how i can improve this team would be awesome.

thanks guys

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Can you trade pokemon eggs from HG/SS to D/P/Pt? Like, if I bred a head smash aron on SS, could I trade it to platinum to have it hatch there?

Years
    My feraligatr is lvl 71 and it's learning Hydro Pump
    it's moves are
    Crunch
    SuperPower
    Blizzard
    Waterfall

which should I remove? Waterfall is physical so I have no idea

Say I taught it super power and I didn't like it. So I delete super power and taught it hydro cannon by giving an heart scale to the move tutor at blackthorn city. I think my feraligator is a whole lot better than yours. Here's what moves I have taught it. Right now my feraligator is in love with me. :D It is at level 75 and it knows earthquake, hydro cannon, Iron tail and water pulse. I didn't taught it hydro pump because I have hydro cannon( hydro cannon has to recharge, but it is worth it though) its a whole lot better than hydro pump.

Also does anyone think I have enough power to beat red. I haven't tried it yet. but I can't get past his pikachu. Also is there another way to get theif. I lost my by accident. I taught it to magmar and then I switched it back to fire blast. Damn. Well here are my team levels.

Feraligator level 75 male
    Pidgeot level 47 female untrained. ( just using her for fly)
    Gloom level 28 (now trained) Male
    raikou level 60 unknow
    metwo level 75 unknow
    magmar level 74 female.

Edit: oh I don't really care if the pokemon is male or female at least they love me. The game is all about having fun.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Can you trade pokemon eggs from HG/SS to D/P/Pt? Like, if I bred a head smash aron on SS, could I trade it to platinum to have it hatch there?

I'm inclined to believe so as stuff like eggmoves, stats, etc should be determinded when the egg is created rather than hatched, so trading it over should have no effect on the egg moves.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'm inclined to believe so as stuff like eggmoves, stats, etc should be determinded when the egg is created rather than hatched, so trading it over should have no effect on the egg moves.

ive got proof, check my trade thread& trophy case ^_^
    thatll give you proof that it doesnt effect it

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Does anyone know how to speed up the leveling up of items in the safari zone? I have 30 rock items in the wasteland to get solrock. It won't let me add anymore and the guide says that the 30 items have to be in there 30 days to get to 42 items. It's been 30 days and it's still 30 items. I really need solrock. Does anyone know what to do?

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I just really want to know how it works. I didn't put all 30 items in at once. I thought it would double over 30 days so originally I put in 28 items. Should I maybe just start over with the items? Has anyone actually caught a solrock in the safari zone?

Back