• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Uhmmm...is he standing at Cinnibar Island where he says his old gym used to be? I have SoulSilver and after you defeat Blue he should be in his Seafoam Island Gym...
    EDIT: Never mind, just remembered Blue is that last one you fight... Weird. Is Blaine on Cinnabar Island, or just absolutely NOWHERE?

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    Also from what ive seen around the internet, others who have experienced this problem simply needed to do some small side task (get the magnet train ticket etc...). So i just figured there was some small thing i needed to do before he would appear.

Tiax

It's Show Time
    Years
    Also from what ive seen around the internet, others who have experienced this problem simply needed to do some small side task (get the magnet train ticket etc...). So i just figured there was some small thing i needed to do before he would appear.

Beats me. I've restarted my game loads of times, and that's never happened to me. Fight Elite Four again then see what happens. It might help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    Alright, thanks guys. Ill continue to play for a while and keep checking back at his gym. Hopefully ill find a solution. Ill report back here if do!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Uhmmm...is he standing at Cinnibar Island where he says his old gym used to be? I have SoulSilver and after you defeat Blue he should be in his Seafoam Island Gym...
    EDIT: Never mind, just remembered Blue is that last one you fight... Weird. Is Blaine on Cinnabar Island, or just absolutely NOWHERE?

I am almost sure you have to battle every gym trainer except blue for blaine to appear and then after you battle him go talk to blue then go back to viridian and battle Blue

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2010
    OK! So i beat the elite four again, but also when i was at home (after the credits) I talked to my mom and Lyra who both had good words to say about my success. So i traveled to the seafoam islands, and sure enough there is Blaine, right in the center of his gym! YEAH!! Thanks for the advice Tiax! and for anyone who has this same problem i would suggest talking to Lyra and your mom and if that still doesnt work, then beat the elite four again! Good luck everyone!

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i have a quick question about the safari zone. i know that after a certain amount of time the blocks upgrade but bulbapedia got me confussed. is it how many days you have played the game or how many days you have used the safari zone?
    and also is there a way to tell if the objects have been updated?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's definitely how many days you've been using the Safari Zone...otherwise I woulda had blocks before I arrived xD

I wouldn't know for the second part, sadly, as it's too complex for me

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    ok i have another question if say you need a certain amount of objects does it increase your chance of encountering the pokemon if you place more of that type?

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    is there a limit on what kinds of pokes i can trade to hg/ss from diamond if i don't have a national dex on ss?

Macy123

Casual Indeed
    Years
    Breeding question

I got a Wish Eevee (male) from a trade, if I breed it with a Ditto, will I get another Wish Eevee?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    is there a limit on what kinds of pokes i can trade to hg/ss from diamond if i don't have a national dex on ss?
    Not that I know of.

I got a Wish Eevee (male) from a trade, if I breed it with a Ditto, will I get another Wish Eevee?
    Yep, as long as the Eevee is male.

Back