• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    The odd egg isn't in HG/SS from what I remember.
    Though you can get a Mareep/Slugma/Wooper egg from Primo if you use the correct secret phrase(s).

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    has the enigma stone wifi event appeared in the US yet?

also, how do i get the poke flute radio station to work?

Years
    Nope. There doesn't seem to be an eta either.

If you've already restored the Power Plant and gotten the Expansion card, you tune into the Poke Flute channel by moving the marker all the way to the top.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    could i save before i talk to boaba and just turn it on& off til my default Safari Zone has the Mountain area in it?

Years
    I heard that mt. mortor has high level pokemon to train, but when I when I went there I only saw a low level pokemon like 16 and under. I was like wtf. What part of mt. mortor has high level pokemon. I'm looking for a place to train my pokemon. My pokemon is level 56 and under. Please help. thanks. The first time when I started I only use Feraligator. lol through out the whole johto. Then in the kanto I use feraligator and mewtwo. they're in the 98's. All most 100 for those two. Then after a while I use Raikou which is still level 70.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Hey guys quick EV training question.

My luxray has maxed its EV's, and i'm using it to hold the macho brace to faint pokemon to get EV's for my Dusclops with exp share.. Will it still be able to gain the double EV's on dusclops' behalf even though it cant gain anymore for itself?

sorry if its hard to understand i'm just not sure how to word this question properly ><

Years
    No. For the Pokemon to get additional EVs from items, the Pokemon itself has to be holding the item. The Dusclops has to be holding the Macho Brace if you want double EVs.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    could i save before i talk to boaba and just turn it on& off til my default Safari Zone has the Mountain area in it?
    I wouldn't think so - I think you'll always get the same set of 6 areas the first time you open up the safari zone, but you just need to catch a geodude there and show it to Boaba and then wait a bit to get access to the other areas.
    I heard that mt. mortor has high level pokemon to train, but when I when I went there I only saw a low level pokemon like 16 and under. I was like wtf. What part of mt. mortor has high level pokemon. I'm looking for a place to train my pokemon. My pokemon is level 56 and under. Please help. thanks. The first time when I started I only use Feraligator. lol through out the whole johto. Then in the kanto I use feraligator and mewtwo. they're in the 98's. All most 100 for those two. Then after a while I use Raikou which is still level 70.
    I believe that you'd want to go through the middle entrance - level 3 has the higher level pokes (around low-30's though... Mt Silver has higher easily - Mt Mortar's 'interest' is the karate king there with a Tyrouge as a gift for you for beating him). Refighting trainers and gym leaders via the phone is the better way for training though tbh.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I wouldn't think so - I think you'll always get the same set of 6 areas the first time you open up the safari zone, but you just need to catch a geodude there and show it to Boaba and then wait a bit to get access to the other areas.

i was on serebi they said theres 10different defaults...

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    No. For the Pokemon to get additional EVs from items, the Pokemon itself has to be holding the item. The Dusclops has to be holding the Macho Brace if you want double EVs.

So pretty much the best method is to have it lead and then switch out each time each battle?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    So pretty much the best method is to have it lead and then switch out each time each battle?
    Yep. If it's a low level but you want the full benefit of items (Power Items, Macho Brace) it needs to be in the lead slot and then switched out with a higher-leveled Pokémon. If you simply keep it in your party with the Exp. Share, it will get the base amount of EVs (assuming it doesn't have PokeRus).

Years
    I'm trying to get all the gym leaders phone number, but so far I got 8 of them. I'm missing 8 more. I've tried to go to seribii.net and find the missing gym leaders, but serbii.net died.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Bulbapedia is an alternative. For example, Falkner's phone number is here.
    Like all Gym Leaders in HeartGold and SoulSilver, Falkner will venture out of his Gym occasionally. Once the player has obtained 16 badges, Falkner will journey every Monday to Celadon City so he can visit the Department Store. He can be found talking with fellow Gym Leader Janine, of Fuchsia City, on the fourth floor, and will exchange Pokégear phone numbers with the player.

You probably already have this one, but it's just to show you where they are on each page (under "In the games").

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Yep. If it's a low level but you want the full benefit of items (Power Items, Macho Brace) it needs to be in the lead slot and then switched out with a higher-leveled Pokémon. If you simply keep it in your party with the Exp. Share, it will get the base amount of EVs (assuming it doesn't have PokeRus).

looks like i've screwed up EV training for about... 5+ of my pokemon T_T
    luckily i'm not playing competitive just yet. still learning the ropes of the technical side of pokemon ><

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    Say I get a Jirachi as a Mystery Gift over Wi-Fi, then delete my game. Would I be able to recieve another one on my newly started game, or can you only get one per game cartridge?
    Also, I know you can get a Jirachi starting on June 26th, but is that only for Japanese versions of the game, or will American versions be able to get it then too?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    Say I get a Jirachi as a Mystery Gift over Wi-Fi, then delete my game. Would I be able to recieve another one on my newly started game, or can you only get one per game cartridge?
    Also, I know you can get a Jirachi starting on June 26th, but is that only for Japanese versions of the game, or will American versions be able to get it then too?

im pretty sure because i think (might be wrong) it regesters your trainer id, or something else in the save file, when getting events so that you cant get more than one event per save file. but im pretty sure you can get more than one if you start a new game

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    when does the jirachi event begin? its june26th already

i know i dont got HG/SS
    but i got platinum, i should still be able to get it right?

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    im pretty sure because i think (might be wrong) it regesters your trainer id, or something else in the save file, when getting events so that you cant get more than one event per save file. but im pretty sure you can get more than one if you start a new game

Excellent, thank you for the help. :)

when does the jirachi event begin? its june26th already

i know i dont got HG/SS
    but i got platinum, i should still be able to get it right?

That's what I'm wondering. It should begin any time now, they're a little slow with these things sometimes.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Excellent, thank you for the help. :)

That's what I'm wondering. It should begin any time now, they're a little slow with these things sometimes.

do i search NWFC or wireless?

i think its NWFC right?

cuz im gonna check it every 30mins ^_^

Back