• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2014
    Tried to look for it, but is there a place in HG where someone can calculate ur Hidden Power type like in platinum? Or calculate ur IV's like in black/white?

nm legend

Years
    Tried to look for it, but is there a place in HG where someone can calculate ur Hidden Power type like in platinum? Or calculate ur IV's like in black/white?
    yes there is...the game corner in celadon in the room where you can buy prizes, theres a guy rite by the counter...and for ivs go to the battle tower, thers a guy rite by the pc

Years
    So is there a bug pokemon that knows bullet punch. It doesn't matter which I used with scizor right.

there is no other bug group breeder who knows bullet punch.

POKEMON THAT CAN LEARN BULLET PUNCH AND THEIR EGG GROUPS:

https://veekun.com/dex/moves/bullet punch
    (scroll to bottom)

you say you have a scizor already. you can do one of the following:
    - use the scizor you have. if it doesn't know bullet punch then go to the move tutor and teach it
    - get a baby by breeding with another bug group pokemon. again, you'll have to go to the tutor to get bullet punch.
    ---scizor does not learn the move from leveling. it also is not an egg move---

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    In-Game its very hard to have a bad team all you really need is type coverage.
    I suggest Typhlosion,Noctowl,Poliwrath/Golduck/Quagsire,Amphoras,and two other types that go well together I.E a Fighting & dark/ Ice & Dragon. Etc .....

Years
    I'm trying to catch myself a smergale in the sarfari zone in soul silver. I'm a bit confuse. Is smergale in the plain object or the forest object. The chart says 3 forest object, but I don't see any when I went there. I got it off from this site.

https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/safarizone.shtml

there is a total of 6 boxes to start out. Then the bottom 3 is forest and the top 3 is plain. Does that how it goes? If not please correct me.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    easier place to catch one would be the Ruins of Alph through the little "secret passage" they can't flee there.

to semi answer your question you have to complete the owner tests to gain the ability to place objects in the Safari zone you then go and place 3 forest objects and Smergle should become available.

Last edited:
    Years
    easier pace to catch one would be the Ruins of Alph through the little "secret passage" they can't flee there.

to semi answer your question you have to complete the owner tests to gain the ability to place objects in the Safari zone you then go and place 3 forest object and Smergle should become available.

Which secret passage? Can you explain it to me how to get there? What do I need?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Which secret passage? Can you explain it to me how to get there? What do I need?
    You really don't need anything. In Union Cave, there's a stairway near the entrance that leads to its basement. Pass through there (while battling trainers, Surfing through the small lakes and using Strength to push past boulders) and you'll eventually come to 2 exits in the basement (stairs). Take one of them (I'm not sure which one) and it'll lead to the Ruins of Alph. One of the areas from the exits will have the tall grass where you can find Smeargle (and Natu).

Sorry if that didn't make sense.

kuchikie

darkness is faster than light~
    Years
    i want to ask if anyone know about this, as i go to the light house outside the lighthouse i can use rock climb to reach an item near the sea shore but i also saw another item (in pokeball) that can't be reach,i tried to swim from olivine city but it seems like there is no way i can reach it..can anyone tell me how can i reach there?what item is in the pokeball?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    i want to ask if anyone know about this, as i go to the light house outside the lighthouse i can use rock climb to reach an item near the sea shore but i also saw another item (in pokeball) that can't be reach,i tried to swim from olivine city but it seems like there is no way i can reach it..can anyone tell me how can i reach there?what item is in the pokeball?
    It's not that hard to get to. You can surf from the harbor to the right and just hop on to that tiny spot of sand with the Poke Ball in it. If I remember correctly, the Charge Beam TM is in there.

Years
    Only a quickie yes or no for two questions.

Doing the part where I got to choose one of three starters from the third gen, Steven mentioned about Latias being seen in Kanto. Whilst I've already got one via GTS, I was wondering if it can actually be caught in HG/SS.

Also, can I see other pokemon when fighting in the battle tower (EG. I haven't seen Totodile yet), and will they get added onto the national pokedex?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    Doing the part where I got to choose one of three starters from the third gen, Steven mentioned about Latias being seen in Kanto. Whilst I've already got one via GTS, I was wondering if it can actually be caught in HG/SS.

Yes, Latios or Latias becomes a roaming Pokémon in Kanto, the same as Raikou and Entei are roaming Johto. Which one roams depends on the version you have. In SoulSilver it's Latios, whereas in HeartGold (which you have) it's Latias.

Also, can I see other pokemon when fighting in the battle tower (EG. I haven't seen Totodile yet), and will they get added onto the national pokedex?

Pokémon seen in any Battle Frontier facility are not registered on the Pokédex in any form.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    im trying to get Feebas to evolve into Milotic on my Soul Silver, she is Bold Nature level 12.

i cant go to palette town yet since i havent gone though the pokemon league. but i heard getting Feebas groomed in GoldenRod City adds to her Beauty.

i have done this about 13 times. since the 8th time, i have tried to battle and level it to 13 w/o saving to see if it evolves into Milotic and it hasnt.

any idea how to get it to evolve into Milotic on Soul-Silver?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    im trying to get Feebas to evolve into Milotic on my Soul Silver, she is Bold Nature level 12.

i cant go to palette town yet since i havent gone though the pokemon league. but i heard getting Feebas groomed in GoldenRod City adds to her Beauty.

i have done this about 13 times. since the 8th time, i have tried to battle and level it to 13 w/o saving to see if it evolves into Milotic and it hasnt.

any idea how to get it to evolve into Milotic on Soul-Silver?

The haircut raises Happiness, not Beauty. You'll have to feed it Poffins to max its Beauty stat.

Years

NOTE/EDIT/THING:
    if you don't want my word written directions, use the links in the middle for picture directions.

if you'd rather video instruction, it's on the bottom :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

ok so

- you go in union cave
    - and you go to the very north of the cave
    - and go down some stairs.

- then go north again all the way
    - (over the water and past the man)
    - and you'll come to where you can only turn left.

- turn left and there'll be a fork in the road
    - (where you can go up or down)
    - so go up.

- you'll very soon come to a wall and you can only turn left
    - so go left
    - and go up the stairs

- nowhere to go in this room except follow the path
    - surf on the water
    - and go up the stairs.

- you'll be in a very small room
    - with only an exit
    - so go out the exit.

- you're now in the ruins of alph.
    - go to the grass.
    - and in that grass there are natu and smeargle.

------------------------------------------------------------------

picture intructions:
    https://www.psypokes.com/hgss/gamemaps.php?map=unioncave

--- you'll come from route 32 or 33. head to a, from a to b, from b to c, and from c to ruins of alph
    ---

v
    v
    v

you'll exit into this:
    (sorry, this is a gen 2 map. couldn't find a gen 4 one. basically the same though. there will be roof things you have to walk under in gen 4)
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...ujiCQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

----------------------------------------------------------

Video:
    https://videos.wittysparks.com/id/1945909885/

- for a tutorial of how to do the whole union cave trip, start from 4:50 (he's entering union cave from the azaela town entrance)

>> oh yeah, and if you have ho-oh with you you can access a secret room. watch from 5:50 to see that

-----------------------------------------------------

cheers!

:)

The haircut raises Happiness, not Beauty. You'll have to feed it Poffins to max its Beauty stat.

there are no poffins in HG/SS just Daisy Oak

yeah there are no poffins. the haircut does not just raise happiness, it does raise the beauty needed to make feebas evolve. just keep giving it haircuts, sooner or later it will evolve

Last edited:
    Back