• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Can I breed a male machamp with a metagross that knows bullet punch and teach it to machop
    No. Machamp and Metagross aren't in the same egg group. In order to do that, breed a Humanshape egg group Pokemon that knows Bullet Punch (like Hitmonchan) with a female Machop.

Bear

Fascist baby.
    Years
    Another thing is that I'm trying to get me a hitomchan, but I end up getting hitmontop every time. Any tips.

Imma assume you're doing this via Tyrogue.

Train your Tyrogue to level 19. Then feed it a load of Irons so that its defense stat is higher than its attack one. When it reaches level 20 it should evolve into Hitmonchan.

Last edited:
    Years
    Also I'm trying to get the hitmonchan instead of hitomonchan I keep getting hitomontops. I gave it an expshare to level it up. Right now my tryoge is level 15.

https://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/tyrogue

what that link will tell you is this:

- if tyrogue's attack is lower than its defense at level 20, it'll evolve into hitmonlee. (atk < def @ lv20 = hitmonlee)

- if tyrogue's attack is the same as its defense at level 20, it'll evolve into hitmonchan. (atk = def @ lv20 = hitmonchan)

- if tyrogue's attack is higher than its defense at level 20, it'll evolve into hitmontop. (atk > def @ lv20 = hitmonlee)

hope this helps :)

Years
    Two simple questions for someone to answer please:

1. Where do I get the ticket for the Magnet Train?

2. I've read that once you've beaten Red on Mt. Silver (Which I have), you can get a 3rd gen starter somewhere. Is this true and if so, where do I get it?

Cheers in advance.

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
    Two simple questions for someone to answer please:

1. Where do I get the ticket for the Magnet Train?

2. I've read that once you've beaten Red on Mt. Silver (Which I have), you can get a 3rd gen starter somewhere. Is this true and if so, where do I get it?

Cheers in advance.

u get the magnet train ticket by going to the copycat girl's house in saffron city (on the second floor), she will say that she lost her clefairy doll in vermillion. then go to the pokemon fan club in vermillion city and talk to the guys who has the doll. he will give you the doll saying that he doesn't like seeing little girls cry. take the doll back to the copycat girl in saffron and she will give you the ticket.
    NOTE: you can only take the magnet train after you solved the crime at the power plant!

it is true that after you have beaten red, you can get a starter from any other gen (except for the diamond/pearl/platinum series). you get a 3rd gen starter from Steven in the Silph Co. in saffron city. he should be next to the service desk.

hope this helps!

Years
    cheers for that, I'll look later, though I tried the Silph Co thing yesterday and only saw the security guard by the lift and the woman behind the desk.

Is there a certain day or time you need to do this?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    cheers for that, I'll look later, though I tried the Silph Co thing yesterday and only saw the security guard by the lift and the woman behind the desk.

Is there a certain day or time you need to do this?
    You can do it at any time of the day.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
    After beating red you must first pick up the kanto starter from oak before you can get the hoenn one from steven also make sure you met steven outside the pokeclub in vermillion after you gt the pokedoll from a guy in there

Years
    I got tired of training water pokemon. Its too easy to win against rock types. I want to know if is steel type pokemon good against rock types. And rock and ground type good against fire. If so I'm planning on getting a scizor with bullet punch. How do I get it? Will metagross and scizor do to get a scyther to know to know bullet punch.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I got tired of training water pokemon. I want to know if is steel type pokemon good against rock types. And rock and ground type good against fire.
    To answer both your questions: yes (Steel Pokemon are strong against Rock Pokemon; Rock and Ground Pokemon are strong against Fire Pokemon).

Years
    How about the breeding question? will scizor and metagross breed. Since they're both steel types, but scizor is half steel and half grass types.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Scizor is part of the Bug Egg Group, and Metagross is part of the Mineral Egg Group. They will not breed together.

nm legend

Years
    Any tips on how to get Shards faster?
    Only methods I know are Rock Smashing and Scary Cave (Pokewalker).
    i guess not... i find alot of shards and fossils tho by smashing the rocks in the ruins of alph...its the fastest way for me at the moment

Back