• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    Hey, I'm playing HeartGold version and I'm trying to get a Cyndaquil. I need to know how I can set up my wireless/wi-fi connection on my DS so I can trade with someone first though. Could someone please reply to this with a simple, but helpful guide on how to?

And after I'm done with that, is there anyone here who has a spare Cyndaquil I could have? I realize I'm being a little greedy and I hate that, but I'm pretty early in the game, and I don't really have a strong Pokemon to trade. But I guess I can catch a Pokemon and train it a little...

Also, I'd kind of like the Cyndaquil to be kind of weak, like probably level 5, or 9. Or anything in between.

Thanks.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Hey, I'm playing HeartGold version and I'm trying to get a Cyndaquil. I need to know how I can set up my wireless/wi-fi connection on my DS so I can trade with someone first though. Could someone please reply to this with a simple, but helpful guide on how to?

And after I'm done with that, is there anyone here who has a spare Cyndaquil I could have? I realize I'm being a little greedy and I hate that, but I'm pretty early in the game, and I don't really have a strong Pokemon to trade. But I guess I can catch a Pokemon and train it a little...

Also, I'd kind of like the Cyndaquil to be kind of weak, like probably level 5, or 9. Or anything in between.

Thanks.

1st, you need a WEP wireless router connection. If it's WPA, the DS won't read it. Then, go to the menu screen(the part where you click continue).
    Scroll down and you should see a option called WiFi settings. Click that and folllow the instructions. You're good to go now! Then, head over to Goldenrod and go to the left. Find the GTS and connect. Then find a reasonable trade and trade your Pokemon for a Cyndaquil.

Years
    Hi. I went to Route 41 next where mayntine was at. I've been trying to surf and use my rods to catch it. I use the super rod and follow by the good rod. I still find nothing. I wanted to know has anyone found one in heart gold yet. If so do you have any tips on how to find it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Hi. I went to Route 41 next where mayntine was at. I've been trying to surf and use my rods to catch it. I use the super rod and follow by the good rod. I still find nothing. I wanted to know has anyone found one in heart gold yet. If so do you have any tips on how to find it.
    You can only get Mantine by surfing over route 41, not using a fishing rod.

Years
    Hi I need help. Today I've been breeding several different pokemon and they all end up being a female. I have male magmar and a male dophan and I tried to breed it and the baby end up being female. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    ok, I get that the move relearner can reteach moves from an earlier level, but I want to know what are the restrictions? what do you need?

like... if a pokemon evolves and doesn't have a certain move in its moveset can it not learn that move? for example, grovile doesn't have mega drain in its moveset but treecko does, can it not learn mega drain if it's evolved to grovyle and I take it to the move relearner?

anything else you think I should know?

You need a heart scale for every move you want to relearn. And no, unfortunately, you won't be able to teach Grovyle Mega Drain. The move relearner cannot reteach moves that the Pokémon cannot learn normally. For example, a Raichu would not be able to relearn any "Pikachu-specific" moves.

Hi I need help. Today I've been breeding several different pokemon and they all end up being a female. I have male magmar and a male dophan and I tried to breed it and the baby end up being female. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
    Um this sounds to me like you're trying to breed two male Pokémon together which isn't possible :\, could you please clarify what you are saying?

Years
    I was using a ditto and magmar and the baby end up a female instead of a male. I also want to breed a scyther with bullet punch and an evee with wish. How can I do it? Can someone help me? Thanks.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I was using a ditto and magmar and the baby end up a female instead of a male. I also want to breed a scyther with bullet punch and an evee with wish. How can I do it? Can someone help me? Thanks.

Well it's just a coincidence the baby was female and if you hatch more eggs you'll eventually get a male one. As for the Scyther with Bullet Punch, it can't learn it, you have to evolve a Scyther into Scizor and use a Heart Scale to get it to learn Bullet Punch. And the easiest way to get an Eevee with Wish is by breeding a Female Eevee with a Male Smeargle that knows Wish via Sketch (You can also cross-breed the move to a Pikachu or Skitty and then to Eevee but it's a lot harder).

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2011
    You have to put down 10 forest objects and 14 peak objects in the Meadow section of the Safari Zone and wait 70 days. I would say it would be easier to go to the Quick Trade Thread and ask for one.

Chatot Lover

happy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2013
    I haven't been keeping up with Pokémon news lately so I was wondering what that Celebi/Giovanni event was. Do you need that special event Celebi to trigger this scene or will any Celebi do?
    And when was this Celebi given away?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I haven't been keeping up with Pokémon news lately so I was wondering what that Celebi/Giovanni event was. Do you need that special event Celebi to trigger this scene or will any Celebi do?
    And when was this Celebi given away?
    Yes, that specific Celebi would activate the in-game event (I've heard another one might as well... but it isn't meant to, and hacked ones from Johto will too, but hacked are...well, hacked!)

And I don't think there is a date for the Celebi event outside of America yet, but I think the dates for Celebi in America might be Feb 27th to March 7th via Gamestop.

Years
    Hi I battle the 3 girls down in the hiddien ocean in goldenrod city. Now After I battle all 3 of them I got the power gem from them. Now when I turned my on my game today and I look for my power gem its gone. I have no idea how it disappears from my pokemon or my backpack. Please help. My idea was maybe some wild pokemon used knock off and knock my item off.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Hi I battle the 3 girls down in the hiddien ocean in goldenrod city. Now After I battle all 3 of them I got the power gem from them. Now when I turned my on my game today and I look for my power gem its gone. I have no idea how it disappears from my pokemon or my backpack. Please help. My idea was maybe some wild pokemon used knock off and knock my item off.
    It may be because you didn't save after you got the Power Herb (it's not the Power Gem). Maybe you accidentally used the item in battle. Also, Knock Off lasts until the Pokemon switches out or the battle ends.

Years
    It may be because you didn't save after you got the Power Herb (it's not the Power Gem). Maybe you accidentally used the item in battle. Also, Knock Off lasts until the Pokemon switches out or the battle ends.

I let the pokemon hold it. The power herb is one time deal. Not the the quick claw.

Back