• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    what's a good flying-type move to teach to a pidgeot?

If you want to teach Pidgeot a good move, use Brave Bird.
    You need a male Starly that knows it...

You could always use Aerial Ace.

(Wow, that was annoying to extend)

EDIT: What's a great place to level up a traded Lv. 50 Blaziken holding a Lucky Egg? (I beat the E4 more than once, FYI)

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Can someone help me calculate the damage from this?
    So to put it in a simpler form:

Paralyzed Ursaring's attack (Which is about 170 without any modifiers)+Guts bonus+Facade and it's bonus+Silk Scarf+Plus STAB=???

Well, the amount really depends on the defender as well, and the other variables in the battle, but if my calculations are correct, you should be doing 495% of the regular damage of Facade (without any damage modifiers).

Would a Level 100 Pupitar evolved at Level 30 have higher stats (since base stats are higher than Larvitar's) than a Larvitar evolved at Level 47? That's 17 levels with higher base stats; does that affect its stats in the end? Or will the Larvitar evolved at Level 47 to Pupitar just jump stats faster to make up for 17 levels of Larvitar-based stats?

And if you evolve at Level 99 to Tyranitar, and you had a Pupitar until 98, how would it regain lost stats if you evolved to Tyranitar at Level 55? That's almost 45 levels of higher base stats and higher stat gains per level. How can a Tyranitar evolved at 99 make up for it when leveled to 100? o_0

You, know, the second part of that is a good question. I'll research it and get back to you. I have a feeling, but I don't want to sound stupid. But for the first part, it doesn't matter if it's evolved at either of those levels, the stats at level 100 will still be the same, given that it's the same exact pokémon with the same variables (IVs, EVs, etc.).
    what's a good flying-type move to teach to a pidgeot?

You know, it's all about personal preference and how you'll be using the Pidgeot. Pidgeot has a higher attack than special attack, so obviously in most cases you'll want to use a physical move. Now, Aerial Ace is good if accuracy is your concern and you want to make sure you don't receive recoil, but it doesn't do as much damage as Brave Bird, or Sky Attack (though you're not really going to want to use this). Brave Bird does much more damage, but if recoil is a concern, you're not going to want to use it. But again, it's all up to you and how you're using Pidgeot.

P.S. The other questions stumped me a bit more, but I'll be back to answer them.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'm just repeating my question- what's a good place to train a level 50 traded Blaziken holding a Lucky Egg?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey
    I found out you can get a flying pikachu from the pokewalker does anyone know how to get it

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yes, the exact same chance as seeing a shiny in HGSS, i.e. lower than Flying Pikachu. If you're lucky to have its switch turned on (or Surfing Pikachu), your chances are 3% for Flying Pika.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    where do I get the life orb? Ive researched it and all the sites give a super vague explanation, and i dont understand where to look. Thanks

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Life Orb is definitely NOT in Goldenrod game corner

Hahahaha, that's totally my bad. I completely misread it.
    I'm not quite sure you can get it in HG/SS. I've read up on it, and I haven't read of a place to get it.

Edit: Well, it appears it may be in the game. Bulbapedia doesn't have information on it, but Serebii says it's available in the Ruins of Alph. Hrm, I'll have to check it for myself.

Last edited:
    Back