• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I'm pretty sure they don't grow, unless you move ahead in "time jumps". For example, you fastforward 4h, go into the game, save, fastforward again, etc.

Not entirely sure.

See I would check but I can't wait 24 hours to EV train my Ho Oh. Using EV dropping berries to get rid of everything but the Atk and Sp Atk EVs.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    How can you tell if your Pokemon has Pokerus? Like where is the little sign that says PKRS?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Wheres best place to EV train HP on HG?

Check the FAQ; all EV-training areas are listed there.

I'm too lazy to check myself, though. Just click it in the HGSS section; it's a sticky and use CTRL+F to search for "EV". It's in there somewhere.

[Edit]

bobandbill said:
    EV Training Details

I'm pretty much new to EV training and would like to know how and what I need to do it correctly?
    EV training is relatively simple to do once you understand it enough. It is time consuming, but there are ways to fasten the progress of your training including various items and more.

Here is a full guide on how to EV train your Pokémon.

I'm interested in EV Training, what are some good locations and Pokémon I can train against?

* HP
    o Hoot-hoot (1pt)
    o Location: Basically everywhere, and quite common. A few areas, Route 1-6.
    * ATTACK
    o Bellsprout & Ekans (1pt)
    o Location: Route below Violet City
    * DEFENSE
    o Geodude, Onix, Rhyhorn (1pt)
    o Location: Rock Tunnel, Dark Cave, Union Cave
    o Metapod and Kakuna (2pts)
    o Location: Ilex Forest
    * SPECIAL ATTACK
    o Ghastly (1pt)
    o Location: Sprout Tower
    * SPECIAL DEFENSE
    o Tentacool (1pt)
    o Tentacruel (2pts)
    o Location: West of Cherrygrove City - Surf on water
    * SPEED
    o Magikarp (1pt)
    o Location: Fish in any body of water using the Old Rod

deku

Yup, there's a little purple status symbol that reads PKRS when you have PokeRus on a pokemon.

When a Pokemon is cured and no longer contagious, that sign becomes a happy face.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Check the FAQ; all EV-training areas are listed there.

I'm too lazy to check myself, though. Just click it in the HGSS section; it's a sticky and use CTRL+F to search for "EV". It's in there somewhere.

deku

Yup, there's a little purple status symbol that reads PKRS when you have PokeRus on a pokemon.

When a Pokemon is cured and no longer contagious, that sign becomes a happy face.

Ok, but where is it on the status screen? I know what it looks like from DPPt, but I can't find it in HGSS (the nurse told me that I got it.) Also, would she tell you that if the Pokemon is healed of it?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    My pokemon haven't contracted pokerus in HGSS so I can't tell you where it is, however, the nurse doesn't tell you they're cured.

She didn't for me in Platinum.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    It should be on the main screen o...0 where you see your Pokemon's sprite image in your PokeGear.

and when it's cured, I don't think the nurse says anything. You just need to check your status screen.

Well, I have one that I know is cured, and she could've meant that one (I traded it cured from Diamond)

My pokemon haven't contracted pokerus in HGSS so I can't tell you where it is, however, the nurse doesn't tell you they're cured.

She didn't for me in Platinum.

All I was really asking was where the sign is found on the screen (ie. to the right on the sprite, on the stats page, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    I have lvl. 60 and up pokemon that I need to get to lvl. 100. any good places to train? I tried the elite 4 but I lose a lot of money because I can't really beat the whole thing.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I am currently heading to the 3rd Gym, but I wanted to know is there A LOT more waiting for me in this game?

Content-wise, yes.

d1234 said:
    I have lvl. 60 and up pokemon that I need to get to lvl. 100. any good places to train? I tried the elite 4 but I lose a lot of money because I can't really beat the whole thing.

That mountain where Red is on - Mt. Silver? - or trade to D/P/Pl and use the VS Seeker to mass-level over there, then trade back.

Leveling in HGSS is going to be a bish. You might as well trade instead of passing 300h leveling 6 Pokemon to 100.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Consider Gym Leader Rematches. Just reset your DS clock.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    today when mowing the lawn, it fell off my belt, and my lawnmower ate it. My lawnmower also ended up badly injuring a little bunny (maybe i even killed it, though i like to think i didn't).

IDK, can you buy pokewalker replacements? do they sell them seperately?

lol @ the story, reminds me of the Blendtec. Poor bunny though :\ What the Hell was a bunny doing there anyway?

And no, they don't sell them separately... yet. Knowing how money-hungry that company is, it'll be sold separately eventually <<

Back