• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Darn it, I spent 4 hours on Ho-oh and now I'm trying to catch Articuno with Pokéballs. Will it be as hard as Ho-oh? ._.

Yes, but get a Pokemon with Flase Swipe and a sleeper. Then, your chances are much higher.

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Here are the answers, you need to get all correct to get a Dratini with Extremespeed.

Question #1: What are Pokemon to you?
    -Ally

Question #2: What helps win battles?
    -Strategy

Question #3: What kind of Trainer do you wish to battle?
    -Anyone

Question #4: What is most important in raising Pokemon?
    -Love

Question #5 Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. Which is more important?
    -Both

Note that if you have a full party, you will have to go back and deposit one of your Pokemon so the elder will give the Dratini to you.

Thanks ^^
    Wow you got like 30 posts in one day c:

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2010
    Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver official strategy guide.. Help!!

Hi

I have recently joined this forum in the hope someone might be able to shed some light on the official strategy guide I purchased when I got the games.. It seems to not cover the Kanto region.. Is anyone aware of a volume 2 becoming available in the near future? I don't understand why it hasn't been covered when it's the complete strategy guide.. Also feel free to get in touch I'm happy to learn other things about the games so anyone is welcome to get in touch :)

Thanks

Also if anyone is aware of any other good pokemon sites to visit then get in touch!

Cheers

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Darn it, I spent 4 hours on Ho-oh and now I'm trying to catch Articuno with Pokéballs. Will it be as hard as Ho-oh? ._.

Use Dusk Balls. It will be 4x effective. In caves and during night, at least.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    I'm trying to capture Legendaries with just Pokéballs. It's like a challenge to myself. So far, only Legendary I caught with a Pokéball was Lugia. D:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm trying to capture Legendaries with just Pokéballs. It's like a challenge to myself. So far, only Legendary I caught with a Pokéball was Lugia. D:

Oooh thats tough O.O Good luck then ^^

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Hi

I have recently joined this forum in the hope someone might be able to shed some light on the official strategy guide I purchased when I got the games.. It seems to not cover the Kanto region.. Is anyone aware of a volume 2 becoming available in the near future? I don't understand why it hasn't been covered when it's the complete strategy guide.. Also feel free to get in touch I'm happy to learn other things about the games so anyone is welcome to get in touch :)

Thanks

Also if anyone is aware of any other good pokemon sites to visit then get in touch!

Cheers

Strategy guide? D:

Please enlighten us too. xD

.тαмєя

Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Hey what Lv should my Pokemon be when I'm beating the Kimono Girls?
    I'm around Lv37-9 ....

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Hey what Lv should my Pokemon be when I'm beating the Kimono Girls?
    I'm around Lv37-9 ....

Hmm, to make it easy, I suggest be at 40ish... Since they have Lv. 38 Pokémon, 1 each, and you would fight them without taking a break. Their Pokémon would be Umbreon, Espeon, Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon.

.тαмєя

Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Hmm, to make it easy, I suggest be at 40ish... Since they have Lv. 38 Pokémon, 1 each, and you would fight them without taking a break. Their Pokémon would be Umbreon, Espeon, Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon.

Okay thanks.

Where do you reccomend I train? Shall I do Pokathlon and get lodes of Rarecandies insted?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I can't connect online with Enviorment, we have an 80230 error. Anyone know why?

.тαмєя

Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I'm not Ev Training them...?
    I was just thinking Rare candies are 2000 Points thats about 3 or 4 Pokeathlons for just one Lv ._.'
    Which is not to good in my opinion!

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    I'm not Ev Training them...?
    I was just thinking Rare candies are 2000 Points thats about 3 or 4 Pokeathlons for just one Lv ._.'
    Which is not to good in my opinion!

Well since u're not EV training them, the RareCandy method would be the fastest, IMO.

Years
    Any tips for Snow Throw on the Pokeathlon?
    I have beaten all the records except that, I can never get above 25 =/

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years

I'm not quite a fan of Pokéathlon...

But for Snow Throw, try using Pokémon with high Power, Stamina and Skill...

EDIT:

Oh well, off to bed. It's 4:31 AM here in the Philippines... ._.

Morning guys.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I'm pretty sure they don't grow, unless you move ahead in "time jumps". For example, you fastforward 4h, go into the game, save, fastforward again, etc.

Not entirely sure.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024

My suggestions is use high Skill pokemon and only aim on the right team.

Back