• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

adde2k7

Trainer
    Years
    Anyone know how I get gary to come to his gym? I need the 8th badge

after you have obtained your 7 badge go back to cinabar island and talk to him again.

Swamp Area
    -9 Forest Blocks, 19 Rocky Blocks.
    -He will appear after 110 days.

Honestly I can just trade you a female one if you want.

yow thanks but i'm playing from pc on no$ emu this emu dose not have wi-fi

dose anyone know how to unlock the celabi.. event?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    EV Training in HG/SS

Hey guys I am new to EV training and haven't even started yet. (this might be in the wrong section) Do any of you guys have a guide or something. Also people say to write down how many EVs you get but does that mean do I write down 1 or what I am not sure.

StormerEcho

Battle Worthy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Up to my knowledge of EV training you need 4 Ev points to get a +1 in a stat. You gave it protiens which possibly could have gave the pokemon the 255 Attack EVs it could get. I'm not sure if that's what protiens do but I would continue Ev training it. Hope this helped!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    You'll notice that particular stat gain larger amount (or sometimes it doesn't, but usually does) along the way. (like +4, +3, it varies, but you'll soak up all those EVs in time)

Also, automatic level places like wi-fi battles and the battle frontier automatically factor in your EVs, by the way.

*moves to HGSS help thread for more help*

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    after you have obtained your 7 badge go back to cinabar island and talk to him again.

yow thanks but i'm playing from pc on no$ emu this emu dose not have wi-fi

dose anyone know how to unlock the celabi.. event?

If your playing on a PC why dont you just Hack a bagon? o.o

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    ^ One word. Pokesav.

Anyway, can I steal Pokemon from the Battle Factory like in Emerald?

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I'm just asking this question because i've been curious for a while (and since I haven't gotten my SoulSilver YET!). If you receive the HM for Fly (and the badge that makes you able to use it, of course) before you have to do that quest which involves your character switching to the cool Team Rocket suit, does that make you able to fly out of the town in the Team Rocket clothes? Because I know you can't walk out of the town in the Team Rocket clothing, but what happens if you try to fly out?

I'm kinda curious to this. If you can't receive Fly/the badge that makes you able to use it before you do this quest, just tell me. ^_^

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
    Yeah repeated my question from page 28...
    https://www.serebii.net/games/mixing.shtml

I couldn't find anything about HG/SS, but that link may give you an idea.

I'm just asking this question because i've been curious for a while (and since I haven't gotten my SoulSilver YET!). If you receive the HM for Fly (and the badge that makes you able to use it, of course) before you have to do that quest which involves your character switching to the cool Team Rocket suit, does that make you able to fly out of the town? Because I know you can't walk out of the town in the Team Rocket clothing, but what happens if you try to fly out?

I'm kinda curious to this. If you can't receive Fly/the badge that makes you able to use it before you do this quest, just tell me. ^_^
    I have no clue about what you are trying to say, but you get Fly right after you beat the gym leader in Cianwood. This is before the Team Rocket suit quest. When you get dressed in the suit, go to the radio station and talk to the Rocket guarding the stairs. You will then get revealed by your Rival, and then you should be able to fly out of town.

Last edited:

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
    Years
    I have a question.... Where is route 47? Wher you can catch a Ditto... I've looked over the map and can't seem to find it... I want a Ditto!):

Also.. How should i go about pokemons natures? The whole thing has confused me, and before i could get an explained answer my thread was CLOSED...So please help me... PM me if possible as this thread gets abit confusing :)

Thanks in advance :D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I have a question.... Where is route 47? Wher you can catch a Ditto... I've looked over the map and can't seem to find it... I want a Ditto!):

Also.. How should i go about pokemons natures? The whole thing has confused me, and before i could get an explained answer my thread was CLOSED...So please help me... PM me if possible as this thread gets abit confusing :)

1. Route 47 is on your way to the safari zone which is west of Cinawood City. Just go into the cave entrance in the city, go up the steps and exit. It should be route 47. However, you will need Waterfall to get to the only grass on the route.

2. Natures are basically things that add or subtract to how good a Pokemon excells in a Stat. This page (https://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml) basically explains it all for you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010

Ditto: The patch of grass directly south of goldenrod city, there is a 5% chance of seeing a level 10 ditto.

Natures: Natures are characteristics that help one stat (+10% in that state), and hinder another (-10% in that state). Also there are neutral natures, which do not chagne the stats at all. So a lvl 100 neutral nature Pikachu would have, lets say 209 attack. However, if it had a nature that benefited attack, then it would have 229 attack (or 188 if it hindered that particular stat).

If you want to know which natures help/hurt which stats, then google "pokemon natures" and click the first one.

Natures are determined when you first meet a pokemon. So lets say you meet a ditto in the wild. You wont know it's nature until you catch it.

If you have anymore questions just PM me.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    There is a faster way to get Ditto's, When I first started my Save, I spent 30minutes trying to find a ditto, And that ditto lasted me untill my 8th badge, once you can use waterfall, go up the waterfall by the Safari zone, and there will be a little patch of grass, There Ditto's are like 40% chance of getting one, In a matter of 10minutes I Caught 9 ditto's. xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    Can you rematch trainers on the SS Aqua? Because the trainers dont do anything the second time I'm on the ship.

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
    There is a faster way to get Ditto's, When I first started my Save, I spent 30minutes trying to find a ditto, And that ditto lasted me untill my 8th badge, once you can use waterfall, go up the waterfall by the Safari zone, and there will be a little patch of grass, There Ditto's are like 40% chance of getting one, In a matter of 10minutes I Caught 9 ditto's. xD
    I train there and i caught 3 boxes full of them in an hour lol.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I train there and i caught 3 boxes full of them in an hour lol.
    Yeah, There were times when I got 6 dittos in a row xD.
    And I've found its easier to catch them if you let them transform into a weak pokemon, I was using a lvl 6 wooper, and I would catch them all without fail, with 1 ball xD.

Also its funny to do this, use a ditto as your lead, run into a ditto, and use transform first, and then the other ditto can't do anything lol, since he can't transform into you. since your a "Transformed poke".

Back