• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    I dont really understand what u mean coz im only young lol, but ill give it a go.

i got my 7th gym badge, then am i meant to get a call from the prof. but i didnt. then i went to golden rod city, then i saw the team rocket people outside the radio tower, but they werent attacking anywhere, they were just standing there telling me to go away. so i dont know what to do next.

please help thanks :-)

Satoshi_Kun

A Man and a Mew Both Ways
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    Pokewalker Step Decrease?

Hey, I no that if u take the rite type of pokemon on the rite course the steps for the pokeradar are decreased by a quarter, but if you take a pokemon that has two of the route's "useful types," will the required steps be down by half, or still only 25%?

For Example:

If you take a Pokemon that isn't one of the useful types onto the Yellow Forest, the Flying Pikachu shows up after 10,000 steps.

If you take a useful type of Pokemon, such as Chikorita, onto the Yellow Forest, the Flying Pikachu shows up after 7,500 steps.

So, if you bring a pokemon that is 2 of the useful types, such as Torterra, onto the route, will the Flying Pikachu be there after 5,000 steps? or will it still be 7,500 steps?

*Yellow Forest's useful types are grass, ground, and electric.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    ^

Why the heck didn't u get a phone call? After you go out of Pryce's gym, you should've gotten the call. ._.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Well a friend gave me his Kyogre And Rayquaza that he caught from Emerald, and I didn't ask for a Groudon, Because I hear you can get it in SoulSilver, So I was wondering, what's the difference between the Hoenn Legendaries from Emerald and from HG/SS?

No, there's no difference, save the fact that the Kyogre/Groudon from R/S/E cannot be used to unlock Rayquaza in HG/SS. All the stats will be the same, they are just accommodating those with DSis, as they cannot transfer Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza from the GBA games without a GBA slot. They're in these games just the Regis and the legendary birds were in Platinum. All they are there for is for you to have access to more legendary Pokémon.

Last edited:

billios

Water Pokémon Master
    Years
    what if they went straight to mahogany from ekruteak and did major leveling and beat pryce? would they still get the call then?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    what if they went straight to mahogany from ekruteak and did major leveling and beat pryce? would they still get the call then?

That's not possible. If you look, you'll see that the door to the Mahogany gym is blocked until you have followed the storyline. The storyline cannot be ignored, so I doubt any of your suggestions of him skipping parts are right, as the gym leaders need to be battled in order, and each plot point you all have suggested is required to beat a gym leader before the point he's at.

As for my suggestion? Retrace your steps. I have frequently forgotten where I was supposed to go, so I fly to each city where a major event happens and make sure I've done it already. Give that a whirl and tell me if it helps.

Years
    Scratch that Gym question, I got another one.

How do you get to Pewter and Viridian City? As well as Cinnibar island?
    Dear Corazon,
    First you have to beat/ catch Snorlax on the route that is close to Diglett cave. After that just go in the cave and there you go. I hope this helped if you need more help please feel free to PM me.

How do you wake up the snorlax?
    Dear Corazon,
    Simple, just use your radio and move the little dot up until you see a new radio station. The new station is called Pokeflute.

Last edited:
    Back