• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    @empty streets

yes, I think so. You'll have to walk a hell of a lot though. Giving it drugs (HP Up/Iron/Protein/Zinc, stuff like that) also helps raise its happiness. Then, you just talk to the lady in HGSS that tells you how much your pokemon likes you every once in a while until she says something along the lines of "your pokemon truly loves you blablabla".

oh and btw:

Ihtesam19 said:
    Oh ok, when I go to the VS Recorder, It doesn't show any Video Number, will it show me in the GTS? Anyway Ima come back and see what you said, gtg pray :) I am muslim, Islam, anyway thanks a lot for the help :D

Yes, when you upload a video on the GTS, it will give you a video number. :3

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I have a question about raising happiness.

I got an Eevee from Bill recently. Can it become more happy if I just walk around with it holding a Sooth bell and not leveling it up?
    You need to level it up at night to evolve it into an Umbreon anyway, so why not start now?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2010
    I'm just about to encounter bugsy with this team.
    Crock the Totodile lv16
    Kangaskhan (yey pokewalker) lv 14
    Vamp the zubat lv 14

I thought about getting an abra as my next member. but I need someone to trade a kadabra to get an alakazam first because otherwise it would be stupid.
    EDIT: or I could just go with an espeon :p
    I just need a special attacker.

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    You need to level it up at night to evolve it into an Umbreon anyway, so why not start now?
    \
    I think she wants it to evolve early, because umbreon/espeon learn their first type move VERY early, lvl 15 I believe. They don't learn their next type move until 35/36.
    And getting it to evolve in 10 levels is difficult.
    All I can say, it give it lots of massages, give it vitamins, walk it with a sooth bell, and battle it against the lowest level wild pokemon you can.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    I'm just about to encounter bugsy with this team.
    Crock the Totodile lv16
    Kangaskhan (yey pokewalker) lv 14
    Vamp the zubat lv 14

I thought about getting an abra as my next member. but I need someone to trade a kadabra to get an alakazam first because otherwise it would be stupid.
    EDIT: or I could just go with an espeon :p
    I just need a special attacker.

Why not raise the Togepi?

Imba Sp. Atk xD

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

I thought you could get it in Violet City, but do I have to go to Azalea Town? (I never bothered with wi-fi until Blackthorn on my other try).

Or do I just have to defeat Falkner?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    When can you get your Friend Code?

I thought you could get it in Violet City, but do I have to go to Azalea Town? (I never bothered with wi-fi until Blackthorn on my other try).

Or do I just have to defeat Falkner?
    You need the Zephyr badge first, then you should be able to get the Pal Pad from any Pokemon Center.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

But if I went to Azalea Town first (I don't think there's anything stopping me, actually) would I be able to get it without the badge?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Regarding Dratini/Larvitar:

Where exactly are these two found in the Safari Zone, and what requirements to you have to fulfil to be able to go out and catch them? I've been looking for a Dratini all day, and still can't hook one. Larvitar is supposedly in the 'Mountain', but I can't find this?

Thanks.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Ok thanks.

But if I went to Azalea Town first (I don't think there's anything stopping me, actually) would I be able to get it without the badge?
    A guy stops you from going too far from Violet without the badge, so that scenario is impossible (unless you're cheating).

For Larvitar in Safari zone you need five peak objects. This may be useful.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    A guy stops you from going too far from Violet without the badge, so that scenario is impossible (unless you're cheating).

For Larvitar in Safari zone you need five peak objects. This may be useful.
    Yeah, but to do that I need to complete that guy's second task. And he's all like: "I'll ring you when I know what it is". So when will he ring me?

Edit: Waaaaaaaiiiiit a second, that object requirement thing is only if I want a level 42 Larvitar. I'm interested in gaining access to one as quickly as possible. You can catch them at around level 17 right?

Last edited:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Yeah, but to do that I need to complete that guy's second task. And he's all like: "I'll ring you when I know what it is". So when will he ring me?
    He'll call you with the second task three (game) hours after you completed the first.

Also, serebii says that level 17 Larvitar are accessible in a Mountain block during the Morning and Day, but there's no appearance percentage.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    How the hell do I catch Ho-Oh with ultra balls? I've tried countless times. Vilepume inflicts sleep powder, other Pokemon put its health down to the very last bar and it still won't catch. 2 shakes of the Ultra Ball at most.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    He'll call you with the second task three (game) hours after you completed the first.

Also, serebii says that level 17 Larvitar are accessible in a Mountain block during the Morning and Day, but there's no appearance percentage.
    But how do I get to the mountain block?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    The mountain block should be accessible either from the beginning, or once both tests have been completed.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    What level should I be at for the battle against Clair? My current team is around Level 33 and I don't know whether to level up to 35 or go to 40 or even more after that.

Back