• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    ExpShare

I accidently traded off my Exp-share in the GTS.. I'm having a terrible time switching my Pokemon out to trade them, and have awful luck with the lottery. Does anyone have a spare one they could trade to me? I'll try to give you something nice in return. D:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I just started EV training my TRU Arceus today (though I will probably never use it for competitive play), but I'm having some issues.

EV spread goal:
    HP 80
    ATK 252
    SPD 176

My Arceus has PokeRus. It has been fed 8 HP UP, 10 PROTEIN, and 8 CARBOS. It has defeated 90 Goldeen, 45 Rattata, and 30 Magikarp. According to my calculations, this would mean that it has more than enough EVs in the desired stats (HP 80, ATK 280, SPD 230; if there was no limit), but the woman in Blackthorn City still says that my Arceus needs to work a little harder. Am I doing something wrong?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    If that was the case, then you wouldn't be asking for help for it now, would you? :<

Box trick only works in previous games.

Good point.

Do you think it would work if I traded it back to my Pearl Version and EV'd & Deposited it there- or did you mean it only works on non-DS games?

Last edited:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i was wondering if anyone knew the list of trainer rebattle days and the times to call them. i found it awhile ago but now i cant seem to find it. thanks

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    you can go meet bill in the pokemon center. then defeat the team rocket grunt at the kimono girl dance place. then go to the burned tower and meet morty and esuine (sp?)

Years
    Politoeds

I know this is a "help" thread but im not sure if this kind of help is allowed.

Can anyone help me out by trading my poliwhirl and trading back to evolve it?

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    I need some help with Heartgold. I can't get to Pewter city via the Mt.Moon Route (its one way) and I can't get to Cinnabar Island, its blocked off by a 'bounder' and some workers. Also, the guy at the Victory road won't let me through to Kanto via that way. I've beaten 5 gyms, all the ones I can acess from there. The other 3 gyms are in the cities I can't get to. Help?
    And Snorlax is blocking Digglet cave. I can't attack him?

Years
    I need some help with Heartgold. I can't get to Pewter city via the Mt.Moon Route (its one way) and I can't get to Cinnabar Island, its blocked off by a 'bounder' and some workers. Also, the guy at the Victory road won't let me through to Kanto via that way. I've beaten 5 gyms, all the ones I can acess from there. The other 3 gyms are in the cities I can't get to. Help?

Im pretty sure you have to get the radio setting on your pokegear that awakes sleeping pokemon by playing around with the radio setting and finding it. That should wake snorlax up.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years

you need to go to lavender town and get your pokegear updated. then go to the snorlax blocking the cave and play the pokeflute station (its towards the top i believe.) after that talk to the snorlax and he will attack. after that you will have access to digglet cave.

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    you have to go to lavender town after you get the power plant fixed and talk to one of the people in the radio tower and they will update your pokegear.

The Pokemon Lullaby won't work ! And the march ... I have to test ...
    I have updated with the EXPN Card !! But, as said earlier, Snorlax won't wake up with the lullaby and I'm gonna try the march .
    Is this a glitch situation ?

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    The Pokemon Lullaby won't work ! And the march ... I have to test ...
    I have updated with the EXPN Card !! But, as said earlier, Snorlax won't wake up with the lullaby and I'm gonna try the march .
    Is this a glitch situation ?

you have to tune the radio by hand, just move dot in the middle then move it towards the top until you get the pokeflute channel

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Sorry if I'm being nooby here, but...

I started to EV my Poliwag yesterday. He was Lv. 9 and I took him up by 1 level by battling 3 Mareep. According to Bulbapedia, Mareep gives an EV yield of 1 Sp.Atk, but when Poliwag levelled up, it was his Speed that had been raised.

Am I doing it wrong? This is the first time I've EV trained. :<

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    Sorry if I'm being nooby here, but...

I started to EV my Poliwag yesterday. He was Lv. 9 and I took him up by 1 level by battling 3 Mareep. According to Bulbapedia, Mareep gives an EV yield of 1 Sp.Atk, but when Poliwag levelled up, it was his Speed that had been raised.

Am I doing it wrong? This is the first time I've EV trained. :<

No you're doing it right, I think... Last time i checked, you had to defeat 4 before you got an EV, but I may be wrong. Try 4, and see if it works!

Back