• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Heyy, I hope this qualitfies for this thread, does anyone know when the Vol. 2 Guide is coming out?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Heyy, I hope this qualitfies for this thread, does anyone know when the Vol. 2 Guide is coming out?
    I wish to know this also :P.

Also does anyone know how to unlock Hidden Pokewalker routes? I was using my pokewalker last night, and when I was choosing a course, I found out I unlocked "Beyond The Sea" route, But I have no clue how I unlocked it, I never got a notifacation for it, the last route I "Unlocked" normally was the Town Outskirts, as I can't unlock the rest for now.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Also does anyone know how to unlock Hidden Pokewalker routes? I was using my pokewalker last night, and when I was choosing a course, I found out I unlocked "Beyond The Sea" route, But I have no clue how I unlocked it, I never got a notifacation for it, the last route I "Unlocked" normally was the Town Outskirts, as I can't unlock the rest for now.

You walk and gain watts and once you save up so much watts it unlocks different routes for you to take https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokewalker#With_other_Pok.C3.A9walkers
    Here this tells you how many watts it takes to unlock certain routes

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    You walk and gain watts and once you save up so much watts it unlocks different routes for you to take https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokewalker#With_other_Pok.C3.A9walkers
    Here this tells you how many watts it takes to unlock certain routes
    Well I know how to unlock routes :p, I was just confused because I was supposed to have unlocked all the routes already, but I found out on the site how I unlocked the Beyond the Sea route.

Beyond the Sea Obtaining a foreign Pokémon through the GTS

Years
    I could really use some help!

So I haven't really used my Pokewalker since the day I got the game, but wanted to use it now. I sent a Spinarak over on like, day one, but how on earth do you retrieve the pokemon back to your game? I want to send a different Pokemon over, but every time I try and connect it says that the Pokewalker has already been registered.

I've tried Youtubing and googling for answers but nothing has worked so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

(Btw: I also tried taking the battery out. Nothing happened.)

NEVERMIND, FOUND IT :)

For those who made need help in this situation;

1. Start the game on the Nintendo DS / Nintendo DSi.

2. Select 'Connect to Pokéwalker' from the Main Menu.

3. You will now be on the menu that says 'Save, then go for a Stroll.' Press and hold Down on the D-Pad, X, and the L button all together.

4. The game will now caution you are erasing the pokewalker, and all other data will be lost. Select 'Yes' to proceed.

5. Now select 'Erase Pokewalker Records,' and then when prompted select 'Connect' on the pokewalker to complete the process.

NOTE: This will erase EVERYTHING. Even the pokemon, it restores it to factory default.

Source: https://techforums.nintendo.com/nins/board/message?board.id=gamehelp_ds&thread.id=6834

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Well the intruction manuals explain everything to you :/, Its like no one reads them lol. But to do it, Go to the Connect to Pokewalker screen, then press and hold X + L + Down and you should be able too.

Years
    Well the intruction manuals explain everything to you :/, Its like no one reads them lol. But to do it, Go to the Connect to Pokewalker screen, then press and hold X + L + Down and you should be able too.

Well, duh.
    But after almost a week of owning the game, the manual had been trashed at some point.
    Hence why I came to the HT. :)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

The Canadian Instruction manual is nearly 200 pages long, nobody wants to read a tiny book of "how to press the A button"

Also, I don't think the DS works with WPA2 security, I think it's best to change it to WEP and that's it if you want higher security.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Well, duh.
    But after almost a week of owning the game, the manual had been trashed at some point.
    Hence why I came to the HT. :)
    How do you thrash the book in a week? O_o I mean I still got the intruction booklets for all my ds games, and there still in perfect condition lol. Most still got that "New book smell" to it xD since I put them back in the case when I'm done reading it lol.

And why in the world is the canadian booklet 200+ pages? XD Unless its a Multi language one.

Years
    How do you thrash the book in a week? O_o I mean I still got the intruction booklets for all my ds games, and there still in perfect condition lol. Most still got that "New book smell" to it xD since I put them back in the case when I'm done reading it lol.

And why in the world is the canadian booklet 200+ pages? XD Unless its a Multi language one.

I usually keep mine too, I have mine from R/S/E, D/Platinum. But I did like a massive clean sweep of my room and it got tossed somewhere along the madness.

And my booklet was tiny o.o Not sure where this 200+ book is from. Haha

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I need to talk to Lyra in person, but she's nowhere to be seen. I'm in the part of the story where you first visit Kanto, and haven't defeated any gym leaders. Do I just have to play up until the very end to talk to her, like how in D/P your psedo-rival stands in their town? I basically need to show them a Shiny Leaf, etc.

Have you tired her house? Last time i talked to her she was in her house. This was after the elite four (first time)

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Can somebody put up a gym leader rematch guide explaining where to find them on what days/nights and when to call them?
    Example:

Falkner: [Day] & [location]-[Day to Call for a rematch]

It would be greatly apreciated, Thanks

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2014
    Can somebody put up a gym leader rematch guide explaining where to find them on what days/nights and when to call them?
    Example:

Falkner: [Day] & [location]-[Day to Call for a rematch]

It would be greatly apreciated, Thanks

I made this, but it's according to Serebii. So don't hold me to the info.

Falkner: Monday(00:00-23:59 & Celadon City Dept. Store 4th Floor) - Saturday Morning

Bugsy: Thursday(00:00-23:59 & Virdian Forest) - Thursday Afternoon

Whitney: Anyday(12:00-16:00 & Goldenrod Dept. Store 6th Floor) - Saturday Afternoon

Morty: Monday/Tuesday(00:00-23:59 & Bell Tower) - Tuesday Night

Chuck: Never(Just need to call him) - Wednesday Night

Jasmine: Anyday(13:00-14:00 & Olvine Diner) - Wednesday Afternoon

Pryce: Anyday(06:00-10:00 & Lake Of Rage) - Monday Morning

Clair: Anyday(06:00-10:00 & Dragon's den(After rival battle vs her & Lance)) Friday Night

Brock: Anyday(12:00-15:00 & Diglett's cave) Saturday Night

Misty: Anyday(16:00-18:00 & Cerulean Cape(After Suicune)) Wednesday Morning

Lt. Surge: Anyday(9:00-12:00 & Power Plant(After Zapdos & Need to show him a Pikachu)) Friday Morning

Erika: Saturday/Sunday(15:00-17:00 & Celadon Fountain) Sunday Afternoon

Janine: Anyday (16:00-18:00 & Near Route 22 entrance) Monday Daytime

Sabrina: Friday (00:00-23:59 & Olvine Harbour) Sunday Afternoon

Blaine: Tuesday (00:00-23:59 & Cinnabar Island) Tuesday Afternoon

Blue: Anyday (15:00-16:00 & Show Daisy a Pokemon with full happiness) Sunday Night

Last edited:
    Back