• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
  • I wrote a guide to get to Lugia a few pages back. Let me go find it...

(This is for without getting items.)

Enter through the Northeastern Island (there is a set of four on route 41; it is the one closest to Olivine).

You should be able to see without using Flash once you enter, but walk north until you hit the wall, then right until you hit the wall (jumping 2 ledges) then up untill you hit the wall, then left, then down through the ladder.

Run all the way down until you hit a rock, take one step right, then down until you hit the wall. Then go left until you hit the wall, then down untill you hit the wall, then left untill you hit the wall, then down until you hit the wall, then left until you hit the wall, then down untill you hit the wall, then right until you hit the wall, down one step, and finally left until you go down the ladder.

Now you should be able to see. Go down until you hit the wall, then right until you hit the wall, and then down untill you run into a man. Talk to him and then he will move.

Then go straight down every slope to the bottom then go through the entrance.

Now you should be in the room with the Kimino girls and it should be pretty self-explanitory from here.

To get out, use dig, an escape rope, or follow a reverse of the above guide.

A question: When do you save before SRing for a shiny starter at the beginning of the game?

is lugia supposed to be at the waterfall cause its not there

i guess for now im gonna just go through the ice path

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For those who SR'd for a shiny starter at the beginning of the game (and succeeded), where did you save? Also, can you tell if it is shiny when looking at it on this screen:

2le42o6.png

in the US versions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I can't catch Ho-Oh :(
    Got him to 1hp with false swipe, put him to sleep and yet he still breaks out of my ultra balls/great balls :(
    Don't wanna resort to usin' a masterball :(

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    Hmm After I complete the Game I might start Again just to get a shiny Starter! So will this work with the UK version whoever answers Dekus answer?

Also why are the Kimono Girls SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Hmm After I complete the Game I might start Again just to get a shiny Starter! So will this work with the UK version whoever answers Dekus answer?

Also why are the Kimono Girls SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!
    I beat them first try only one I found to be challenging was vaporeon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Um how does someone open the 2 closed doors to caves in the ruins of alph? I captured all 26 unknown and did all the puzzles?

Last edited:
    Years
  • did you beat the kimino girls yet?

i guess so , i just beat the 8th gym leader on my first try and i completed the dragon master challenge so im off to catch lugia since i just left Prof. Elm's

Lugia still isnt there so im gonna go meet the kamino girls at the dance theatre

i took out four of the kamino girls with 4 surf moves lol now onto the fifth

Update!

and the fifth was takin out with two bites ha ha i is a pimp

Last edited:

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • IM STUCK ON THE ELITE FOUR! I NEED ADVICE FAST!
    I can beat the first three easily, then the last one takes a lot out of me and i cant even beat Lance. I can get rid of his Gyarados and thats it.

I Only use Three Pokemon. The Other Three R Revive And Hyper Potion Subs.
    My Team :

TYPLOSION Level 52
    Moves : Shadow Claw, Hyper Beam, Flamethrower And Blast Burn

HO-OH
    Level 48
    Moves : Extrasensory, Thunder, Fire Blast, Sacred Fire

GYRADOS
    Level 45
    Moves : Hydro Pmp, Dragon Pulse, Thunder, Blizzard

HELP PLEASE

Dr Glocktor

The Ashbringer
    Years
  • First off, why does your red gyarados have ALL special attacks? Gyarados has an abysmal special attack. The best and easiest way to beat lance is with the red gyarados, or any gyarados for that matter. Gyarados naturally learn both ice fang and dragon dance by level 44, and lances gyarados can't do anything to your own. After 3-4 dances, gyarados is unstobble with ice fang.

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • More Pokemon help

I'm in Goldenrod City Underground, training for the Gym. But I've been so caught up in having fun playing the game, I've only had time to actually catch another Pokemon, a Pidgey (now level 21 Pidgeotto), as well as my starter Totodile (now level 19 Croconaw). I need more Pokemon, but I don't know what type of one to get, or where I can actually get them. They need to be at least level 12+.

Help?

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • IM STUCK ON THE ELITE FOUR! I NEED ADVICE FAST!
    I can beat the first three easily, then the last one takes a lot out of me and i cant even beat Lance. I can get rid of his Gyarados and thats it.

I Only use Three Pokemon. The Other Three R Revive And Hyper Potion Subs.
    My Team :

TYPLOSION Level 52
    Moves : Shadow Claw, Hyper Beam, Flamethrower And Blast Burn

HO-OH
    Level 48
    Moves : Extrasensory, Thunder, Fire Blast, Sacred Fire

GYRADOS
    Level 45
    Moves : Hydro Pmp, Dragon Pulse, Thunder, Blizzard

HELP PLEASE
    You do realize that Gyarados is a Physical Sweeper, so pretty much using Special attacks on a pokemon who relies on Physical attacks seriously damages Gyarados attacking potential.

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Well, I Geodude will surely help you with Whitney. However, there isn't any Lv 12 Geodudes that early on. There's some that are lv. 3 all the way back on Route 46, but I highly doubt that's what you want. There are also possible Lv. 6 Onixes as well.

For lv. 12 and up, you just have the Pokemon that are on the routes 'round Goldenrod. In this case, I guess Nidoran (Female to avoid Attract) and Double Kick? -shrugs-

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Hmm... Well, you can't catch any Pokémon that are level 12+; you need to train them. Shouldn't this be in the Help Section? Try getting Pokémon who cover your other Pokémons' weak spots. Maybe a Mareep to cover Pidgeotto's weakness. Although, the choice is yours.

Back