• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Well, You should make the onix a steelix :O, at least I would. And you can pretty much beat the e4 with like 2-3 pokemon 45-50. Although your team is very very vunerable against physic pokemon, so you need to be carefull about the first guy xD.

Well I cant make my onix steelix yet becuase I needa go to some place to get the metal coat which is only available AFTER I beat the league....

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Well I cant make my onix steelix yet becuase I needa go to some place to get the metal coat which is only available AFTER I beat the league....
    You can get the Metal Coat from the Pokeatholon prizes, I think its friday if I remember right, so just set your ds clock to whatever day it is, and get like 2500 points, Thats how I got my steelix and scizor. ;P

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Hi.. has anyone gotten the Water Stone from Fisher Tully on Route 44? How long do you have to wait until he calls you about it?

Years
  • anyone got a map for the Whirl islands im getting kinda pissed since i seem to be going around in circles

No map but start out from the mainland side and enter via the top right island. I was going in circles from the Cianwood side too. If you take the top right island coming from the mainland you should go right to the Kimono Girls.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    anyone got a map for the Whirl islands im getting kinda pissed since i seem to be going around in circles

I wrote a guide to get to Lugia a few pages back. Let me go find it...

(This is for without getting items.)

Enter through the Northeastern Island (there is a set of four on route 41; it is the one closest to Olivine).

You should be able to see without using Flash once you enter, but walk north until you hit the wall, then right until you hit the wall (jumping 2 ledges) then up untill you hit the wall, then left, then down through the ladder.

Run all the way down until you hit a rock, take one step right, then down until you hit the wall. Then go left until you hit the wall, then down untill you hit the wall, then left untill you hit the wall, then down until you hit the wall, then left until you hit the wall, then down untill you hit the wall, then right until you hit the wall, down one step, and finally left until you go down the ladder.

Now you should be able to see. Go down until you hit the wall, then right until you hit the wall, and then down untill you run into a man. Talk to him and then he will move.

Then go straight down every slope to the bottom then go through the entrance.

Now you should be in the room with the Kimino girls and it should be pretty self-explanitory from here.

To get out, use dig, an escape rope, or follow a reverse of the above guide.

A question: When do you save before SRing for a shiny starter at the beginning of the game?

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Pretty sure it's your room.

I tried SRing for a female starter, and the starter only changed when I had saved before mum talked to me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Is it possible to breed the Eevee you get from Bill with a Ditto? I've tried with several different Dittos with no luck. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just unlucky or if the game was designed this way to keep you from getting all the Eevee-lutions.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Is it possible to breed the Eevee you get from Bill with a Ditto? I've tried with several different Dittos with no luck. I'm trying to figure out if I'm just unlucky or if the game was designed this way to keep you from getting all the Eevee-lutions.

Yes, after some amount of steps, they will produce an egg. Those two are taking so long because I assume they belong to the same OT and are different species.

My question: If I KO Ho-oh, Raikou, and Entei and defeat the e4, will they return to the Bell or Brass Tower again as new (with different nature/IV the next time around)? Just need confirmation, thanks.

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
  • How do I get the annoying daycare man to stop f***ing calling me?
    :I
    I'm trying to hatch an egg and all I hear is "RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING"*Pick up* "I HAS YO EGG, COMMERE" :c

Years
  • How do I get the annoying daycare man to stop f***ing calling me?
    :I
    I'm trying to hatch an egg and all I hear is "RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING RING"*Pick up* "I HAS YO EGG, COMMERE" :c
    Did you withdraw the Pokémon that were breeding. If not, then they made a new egg.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Yes, after some amount of steps, they will produce an egg. Those two are taking so long because I assume they belong to the same OT and are different species.

Thanks. I actually haven't been waiting because I thought that if the old man said they don't seem to get along, it meant they're not going to produce an egg. Even if he says that, is there anything to be gained by walking around for a while and hoping there's an egg?

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • Ok, where the HELL can i find a Heracross???? I spent 2 whole hours last night headbutting trees, and the only pokemon I found were Hoothoot, Spinarak and Eggxecute (dont know how to spell that). So i had to kick Whitney's ass without one. But I still really want one, so can someone PLEASE tell me where it was hiding?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Ok, where the HELL can i find a Heracross???? I spent 2 whole hours last night headbutting trees, and the only pokemon I found were Hoothoot, Spinarak and Eggxecute (dont know how to spell that). So i had to kick Whitney's ass without one. But I still really want one, so can someone PLEASE tell me where it was hiding?
    Try Azalea town, I've caught over a dozen there. But it WILL take at least 10-20 headbutts before you find one, as they are rare. While you're doing that, be on the lookout for aipom, as it too is kind of rare.

Back