• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years

• He's in Blackthorn City.

Since fire fang is the only physcial fire attack that it can learn, then yes. Its the best attack for Flareon. ^_^

That being said, Flareon is a pretty meh attacker in that sense. I suppose that if you're only willing to use your current Flareon you could use Fire Fang and the CB set, but shiny pokémon are gimmicks that won't affect how good you are or how cool you look in competitive gameplay. I suggest checking out the other Flareon sets.

Years
  • My flareon already knows wish, yawn and soon fire fang. What should I get for the fourth move? And my cyndaquil knows extrasensory, swift, flamthrowe and attract! Which is better? Flareon or cyndaquil ?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • My flareon already knows wish, yawn and soon fire fang. What should I get for the fourth move? And my cyndaquil knows extrasensory, swift, flamthrowe and attract! Which is better? Flareon or cyndaquil ?

Well... it really depends on what you're using this Flareon for. Are you using this as a competitive pokémon, or just in-game? If this is for competitive use, then I suggest takin' a peek at the S&M forum. It may be a bit more helpful for that sorta thing. If it's just for in-game use, I suggest just choosing a pretty cool looking move that you like. That's pretty much the only criteria for in-game use ;D.

And again, Typhlosion (the final evolution of Cyndaquil) and Flareon are two very different pokémon, so just saying one is better than the other doesn't do either justice. It's all about your preference.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • There's always wooper, also learning ground moves.

My entire team is level 60, and I need to get to lvl 70 to challenge the new E4. I can't challenge all the gym leaders to a rematch, as that would take forever, and you can only get their numbers/challenge them at certain times.
    Where could I train from 60-70?
    The training method i like to use! Is to go to the elite four (preferably when you cant beat all fo them) Then just kill as many with a single pokemon that you can, that way you will gain major exp! And then when hat pokemon has gone the preferable amount of levels up! Then change pokemon and enter again! The reason i said preferably when you cant beat them is that if you manage to beat them all! You'll have to go through the damn credits!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • People keep saying "Elite Four" and "Gym Leader Rebattles"... why not the Battle Frontier? Can't you battle Level 50 Pokemon there if you qualify? o0

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • You don't gain exp from the battle frontier!

Amagad that sucks D: I've never been there; I just assumed. I think you gained EXP in Crystal's Battle Tower >>

Question

I have a Larvitar at 47 for the Unevolved Challenge. Let's say, hypothetically (not going to happen), I drop the challenge and evolve to Pupitar at level 47.

Would a Level 100 Pupitar evolved at Level 30 have higher stats (since base stats are higher than Larvitar's) than a Larvitar evolved at Level 47? That's 17 levels with higher base stats; does that affect its stats in the end? Or will the Larvitar evolved at Level 47 to Pupitar just jump stats faster to make up for 17 levels of Larvitar-based stats?

And if you evolve at Level 99 to Tyranitar, and you had a Pupitar until 98, how would it regain lost stats if you evolved to Tyranitar at Level 55? That's almost 45 levels of higher base stats and higher stat gains per level. How can a Tyranitar evolved at 99 make up for it when leveled to 100? o_0

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2010
    My No$gba can`t open heart gold???????? whats happen??????? please help!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    May i know the exact timing of morning afternoon evening and night in Heartgold? i tried calling Jasmine on wed 4pm~ but she didn request a rematch. or am i doing anything wrong? i've beaten E4 but not all the gym yet

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • am i right when i say...
    using the IV breeding method i can pass up to 2 IVs to the baby. dad holding power anklet and mum holding power weight.

assuming both parents have perfect ivs in HP and Speed, will this mean the baby will have a 100% chance of perfect ivs in those stats?

and is there any way to pass down more than 2 Ivs?

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • am i right when i say...
    using the IV breeding method i can pass up to 2 IVs to the baby. dad holding power anklet and mum holding power weight.

assuming both parents have perfect ivs in HP and Speed, will this mean the baby will have a 100% chance of perfect ivs in those stats?

and is there any way to pass down more than 2 Ivs?

I've heard that it works but I'm not quite sure as I always give one of the parent an everstone.

For the second question, Several IVs are carried on to the kid from the parent. So yes, if you get lucky.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Can someone help me calculate the damage from this?

My Ursaring has a silk scarf attached to it, increasing the power of Normal moves, right? Well it also has Guts, which increases attack when it has a status condition, and the move Facade, and that move increases it's power if there's a status condition. Plus since Ursaring is a normal type and the move is normal, there's the STAB......

So to put it in a simpler form:

Paralyzed Ursaring's attack (Which is about 170 without any modifiers)+Guts bonus+Facade and it's bonus+Silk Scarf+Plus STAB=???

Math is really not my strong point right now, but if you could just tell me what order it all goes in, I should be able to figure it out from there.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Can someone give me a list of what mixing records does in HGSS?

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
  • Uh.. sorry I can't answer any of the unanswered questions. :<

What are you guys using for HMs? Right now my main fighting team is Typhlosion/Butterfree/Togetic. Poliwhirl is holding surf, Pidgey for fly and a Sandshrew for cut/strength/rock smash. They're kind of eating away at my team. I could always train a water Pokemon and give it surf but I'd still need a waterfall mule.. unless I give Miltank surf and go with a physical attacking water Pokemon for waterfall.. x_x

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Tentacool: surf whirlpoll waterfall cut
    Geodude: rocksmash rockclimb strength

And Fly could be taught to your togetic.

Hope that helps!

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • @soulv
    I believe these are the times for them not exactly sure. You did contact her on Wednesday right?
    Morning- 4 a.m to 10 a.m.
    Day- 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
    Night- 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I have a Larvitar at 47 for the Unevolved Challenge. Let's say, hypothetically (not going to happen), I drop the challenge and evolve to Pupitar at level 47.

Would a Level 100 Pupitar evolved at Level 30 have higher stats (since base stats are higher than Larvitar's) than a Larvitar evolved at Level 47? That's 17 levels with higher base stats; does that affect its stats in the end? Or will the Larvitar evolved at Level 47 to Pupitar just jump stats faster to make up for 17 levels of Larvitar-based stats?

And if you evolve at Level 99 to Tyranitar, and you had a Pupitar until 98, how would it regain lost stats if you evolved to Tyranitar at Level 55? That's almost 45 levels of higher base stats and higher stat gains per level. How can a Tyranitar evolved at 99 make up for it when leveled to 100? o_0

Back