• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Forbidden1

csgo
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Yes. Each meteorite changes it's form, like in D/P/Pt in Veilstone City. You need Deoxys following you (I think) and it'll change form.

Try this:
    1. Have you talked to Prof. Oak?
    2.Have you already faced him? Are you wanting to face him again?

If you are facing him again, you need to beat the E4 and go back. Also, try getting the GB Sounds, before you go see him. I don't know if that will work, because I got the GB Sounds (GB Player in my game) before I faced him.

ahh i forgot that you have to keep beating the E4 to battle red again.. ty.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You. Cannot. Face. Red. More. Than. Once.

Spoiler:

^ Open the spoiler to get off-topic'd ^

Now, enough spam, and let me say something. I beat Red, then I faced the Elite Four at least 5 more times and he still isn't at Mt. Silver. My suicide theory is perfect.

You can get Gracidea from the girl in Goldenrod at the Flower Shop beside Whitney's Gym.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Unown Subquest Help

Hi all,
    okay im doing the unown subquest. i have all 26 letter unowns and have talked to the reserchers but no new area has opened up. what have i done wrong?
    Cheers

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The final two Unown are in the Entrance Cave, the one with Cameron the Photographer.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The final two (! & ?) are in a secret area, just behind the entrance to the main hall (where cameron the photographer stands). This is opened after all 26 are registered on the Unown Report and shown to one of the researchers. Are you sure you got the Unown report?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    The final two (! & ?) are in a secret area, just behind the entrance to the main hall (where cameron the photographer stands). This is opened after all 26 are registered on the Unown Report and shown to one of the researchers. Are you sure you got the Unown report?

yeah i have it but i dont know what to do now. i will try catch the other 2 now

yeah i have it but i dont know what to do now. i will try catch the other 2 now

nope cant see any secret enterance

Last edited:

Vulpixer

Ooh...Stealth Mode...
    Years
  • Sky Form Shaymin?

I traded over a Shaymin I got from a friend in Diamond over to HG. I know in diamond you could not get him to go into sky form, but in platinum you could. So I'm guessing he can change forms in HG/SS also. If he can, then how do I do that?

Can someone help me out. I'm dying to know!

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    If someone can please help me, that'd be great. I'm really about to punch something. Or maybe just chuck my DS across the room.

I can't use my squirtbottle. I have no idea why. I've beaten the Goldenrod Gym, visited the flower lady and got my bottle, just when I go to use it on the Pokemon blocking my bath to route 37, there are no options. Only thing I can do with the squirtbottle is move it to another spot in my key items pocket.

Did I miss something? Am I really that stupid? I have the strategy guide and it says nothing extra of what I've done. Nor did I get anything useful upon googling it.

Please help. I'll probably end up feeling like a complete ignoramus and missed something simple. But I'm completely lost as to what it could be.

ETA: Wow. I am a huge idiot. Figured it out. No need to help me now. Who would of thought to just click on the dang tree? *blushes*

Last edited:

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
  • If someone can please help me, that'd be great. I'm really about to punch something. Or maybe just chuck my DS across the room.

I can't use my squirtbottle. I have no idea why. I've beaten the Goldenrod Gym, visited the flower lady and got my bottle, just when I go to use it on the Pokemon blocking my bath to route 37, there are no options. Only thing I can do with the squirtbottle is move it to another spot in my key items pocket.

Did I miss something? Am I really that stupid? I have the strategy guide and it says nothing extra of what I've done. Nor did I get anything useful upon googling it.

Please help. I'll probably end up feeling like a complete ignoramus and missed something simple. But I'm completely lost as to what it could be.
    Talk to the lady beside Sudowoodo, then talk to Sudowoodo. :)

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    This may have been asked already, but is there a decent place to train/grind after the eighth gym, but before beating the Kimino Girls and catching Ho-Oh? I would train in Kanto around Victory Road, but that silly little Lyra girl (anyone else hate her?) won't let me surf. I'm only asking this, as I seem to be loosing against the Girls' Jolteon and it's pretty embarrassing.

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Did anyone figure out what mixing games does exactly in HGSS?

EDIT: Anyone know where all the rods are? Thats Old, Good, and Super?

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Viridian City Trainer House. Enough words.

Vulpixer, I already answered your question, and I quote: "You can get Gracidea from the girl in Goldenrod at the Flower Shop beside Whitney's Gym." However, only if you have the Gracidea event Shaymin can you obtain the flower.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • You. Cannot. Face. Red. More. Than. Once.

Spoiler:

^ Open the spoiler to get off-topic'd ^

Now, enough spam, and let me say something. I beat Red, then I faced the Elite Four at least 5 more times and he still isn't at Mt. Silver. My suicide theory is perfect.
    Really? Bummer... They should've kept it the same as in GSC, since it'd have been a great way to get some EXP. D:

Anyway, dunno if anyone asked this, but I'm wondering, does anyone know if they carried over the "abilities have out-of-battle effects" thing from Emerald into D/P/Pt, and subsequently HG/SS? HeartGold is the first game I'm playing for the 4th gen due to it being a remake and all, and I'm hatching an egg, so I'm hoping I can still use Flame Body or...that other one...to make it hatch quicker. >_>;

Back