• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

Hello, I have a few questions...

1- My three main Pokémon on my SoulSilver cartidge (Ampharos, Giratina and Quilava) are too underleveled. (30, 30 and 33 respectively.) Next up is Pyrce, and I want a good place to grind quickly, because, well, I had to use the Arceus I used for Giratina for Jasmine's Steelix, and I do not want to use him much. I also ave the Pikachu-Colored Pichu and another level 2 Giratina (my friend's) along with Arceus and the other 3 Pokémon. I have already done the Rocket Warehouse in the Souvenir Shop (Since Giratina is so good.)) So, any grinding areas?

2- The Safari Warden needs another test. When can I take it?

Finally, where is TM Thunderbolt\Where is it sold?

RSVP

1) Good places for training are really hard to find... maybe Victory Road...
    2) He'll call you don't worry 'bout it =)
    And Thunderbolt is either in Goldenrod Game Corner or in Cerulean Cave =)

NatureKeeper

1) Good places for training are really hard to find... maybe Victory Road...
    2) He'll call you don't worry 'bout it =)
    And Thunderbolt is either in Goldenrod Game Corner or in Cerulean Cave =)
    Bonk* Bonk*

I cannot reach Cerulean Cave or Victory Road yet. I haven't defeated even Pyrce yet, so how?

may I know a more detailed answer, please.

@TechnoSpark : I prefer Hitmonchan, but it is really up to you.

Last edited:

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years

Bonk* Bonk*

I cannot reach Cerulean Cave or Goldenrod yet. I haven't defeated even Pyrce yet, so how?

may I know a more detailed answer, please.

@TechnoSpark : I prefer Hitmonchan, but it is really up to you.

Wait a minute !!...u're close to pryce and u haven't even been to goldenrod ???....How's that possible..????

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Hey, I just have a quick question about EV training. If I send out my EV Pokemon against an opponant, but have to switch to another Pokemon during battle, does the EV Pokemon still get the points, or do they go to the other Pokemon (as he defeated the opponant)? Or do they disappear completely?!

Also, what's the best thing to go after if I want to EV my Poliwag in Sp.Atk?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Hey, I just have a quick question about EV training. If I send out my EV Pokemon against an opponant, but have to switch to another Pokemon during battle, does the EV Pokemon still get the points, or do they go to the other Pokemon (as he defeated the opponant)? Or do they disappear completely?!
    EVs are shared between all of the Pokemon that get experience from the battle, including those holding an Exp. Share.

PKMN Trainer Alexander The great

Johto's Finest Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    Where Is Blaine???

okay i have six Kanto badges and i am at sea foam island and... i beat all the white coat guys but i dont see Blaine he is not in the middle what do i do??? Thx You

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    OK, this is noobish question, but ...
    How do I wake up SnorLAX ? WHEN is the PokeFlute Broadcast played ? Can someone help me out, please !

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2010
    Is it true that shaking the pokewalk fools it into think it was a step? My friend told me it did

Years
    Is it true that shaking the pokewalk fools it into think it was a step? My friend told me it did

Yes, if you shake it back and forth it will record "steps" because it will sense the movement. You will get bored of it soon though - better to just take it with you at all times, whether it's getting up to walk to another room or walk to the park.

Also remember your Pokémon can only gain 1 level max in the Pokéwalker per "stroll."

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Yes, if you shake it back and forth it will record "steps" because it will sense the movement. You will get bored of it soon though - better to just take it with you at all times, whether it's getting up to walk to another room or walk to the park.

Also remember your Pokémon can only gain 1 level max in the Pokéwalker per "stroll."

And if you put in your pokemon into the walker and don't walk and pull him back out, he will be sad/disgruntled/unhappy with you.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    were in johto is there so i can get attack and defense points and what pokemon

Attack EVs: Machop (Mt. Mortar), Gyarados (Lake of Rage; You'll need a Super Rod, I'm certain of though).
    Defense EVs: Geodudes (Caves); Graveler (Route Under Blackthorn)

There are more, but those are the two I can think right off the bat.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    OK, this is noobish question, but ...
    How do I wake up SnorLAX ? WHEN is the PokeFlute Broadcast played ? Can someone help me out, please !
    you have to go to lavender town after you get the power plant fixed and talk to one of the people in the radio tower and they will update your pokegear.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Can someone please explain to me what 'Fighting Spirit' means in regards to the Pokeathlon when they distribute the points at the end?

I always without fail get some of the lowest points despite excelling at everything and despite my friendship with my group and despite how many other bonus points we rack up.

I'm confused and Googling is worthless.

PKMN Trainer Alexander The great

Johto's Finest Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    okay i have six Kanto badges and i am at sea foam island and... i beat all the white coat guys but i dont see Blaine he is not in the middle what do i do??? Thx You

Back