• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Is it possible to get a Steelix before challenging Jasmine? O:

And also, is it possible to change the default display of a Pokemon in the Pokedex? Like is it possible to change the default display of a male Pokemon to the female version of the same species? Or from Origin-Forme Giratina to Altered-Forme Giratina?

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't think you can check the number, only at the house in Goldenrod City you can check the rough status. Use Soothe Bell, it really helps. It with a few bicycle rides earns you a LOT of happiness.

I think Steelix is in one of the caves leading to Safari Zone (the one with the old man telling you to go up or down). I can't remember clearly though; I think it has an extremely low encounter rate.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I don't think you can check the number, only at the house in Goldenrod City you can check the rough status. Use Soothe Bell, it really helps. It with a few bicycle rides earns you a LOT of happiness.

I think Steelix is in one of the caves leading to Safari Zone (the one with the old man telling you to go up or down). I can't remember clearly though; I think it has an extremely low encounter rate.
    Okay, Thanks! X3

And also, is it possible to change the default display of a Pokemon in the Pokedex? Like is it possible to change the default display of a male Pokemon to the female version of the same species? Or from Origin-Forme Giratina to Altered-Forme Giratina?

Years
    Haha I'm sorry I can't help you on this one. I'm currently outside, and I don't catch pokemon for the pokedex, so I think I've seen the HGSS Pokedex less than 5 times. >< Sorry.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    I was wondering how you can evolve Feebas in HeartGold. I mean, there is no Beauty to max out, so what can I do? Does it have something to do with Pokeathlon stats?

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Is it possible to change the default display of a Pokemon in the Pokedex? Like is it possible to change the default display of a male Pokemon to the female version of the same species? Or from Origin-Forme Giratina to Altered-Forme Giratina?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I was wondering how you can evolve Feebas in HeartGold. I mean, there is no Beauty to max out, so what can I do? Does it have something to do with Pokeathlon stats?

Pokethlon stats has nothing do do with it - truth is, the usual contest stats still exist in-game, you just can't see them. This means that you could either trade over Feebas to a D/P/Pt game and max out beauty there, or you could go to Daisy Oak in Pallet town for a massage. Apart from increasing happiness, it will also give your pokemon a 1/8 of the total boost in beauty, meaning that after 8 massages your Feebas will be maxed out and ready to evolve. ;D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Oh, cool then. Thanks a lot. Say, would Ludicolo be a good pokemon to have? I mean, it's water and grass. i think that's pretty good.
    Ludicolo, because it's dual type is Water and Grass can give you a fair coverage against other Pokémon. It can do pretty well in a team, especially if trained enough and given the right moves. If you like Ludicolo and wish to use it, I say go for it and just have fun.

If you'd like to have your entire in-game team reviewed and maybe given a few pointers here and there, I'd suggest asking in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I has a question. In HG/SS when if you use swords dance or agility or something that raises your stats, then use U-Turn, does it transfer the stat boost like it does with Baton Pass?

If nothings changed from D/P/Pt to HG/SS then no it would not act as a baton pass and transfer the stat boost.

Years
    I'm wondering if Blue shows up at Cinnabar Island after a certain point in the game or is he there regardless of when you reach Cinnabar?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    How can one hear the Team Rocket battle theme on GB Player?
    There are no more Rockets to battle once you get the GB Player.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    @FreakyLocz14 I think you cant. Sorry, but you can always reverse time lawl. XD
    @Gallade He's there when you reach Kanto, but he wont return to the Viridian Gym when you've got 15 badges.
    @SkyAngel I think U-turn is completely different from Baton Pass. :(

kakarot

Metal Coat is my friend!
    Years
    I have two questions...

Does PKRS spread through your party from walking with an infected pokemon in HG/SS as it does in other versions?

I noticed that the sheen on the pokeball in my trainer memo for my Scizor is unlike my other pokemon.
    It's in the shape of (o) where as the other balls have a single o
    Does this indicate anything in particular?

Thanks for any help.

Years
    I'm having some trouble with the Saffron gym. Whenever I get to the middle of this gym, Sabrina is not there. Did I miss something?Also Erika isn't appering at her Gym either.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'm having some trouble with the Saffron gym. Whenever I get to the middle of this gym, Sabrina is not there. Did I miss something?Also Erika isn't appering at her Gym either.
    This does sound odd... but we may need more info. Have you beat the gyms already? If so then it's perfectly normal - gym leaders will at times leave their gym to go somewhere around johto/kanto. If you encounter them you can get their phone numbers as well to battle them again. (More info on that can be found here: https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gym-rematch.shtml).

And if not... then have you use an AR or somthing like that?
    I have two questions...

Does PKRS spread through your party from walking with an infected pokemon in HG/SS as it does in other versions?

I noticed that the sheen on the pokeball in my trainer memo for my Scizor is unlike my other pokemon.
    It's in the shape of (o) where as the other balls have a single o
    Does this indicate anything in particular?

Thanks for any help.
    Yes it does, but not by walking like the other games...which also do not have it spread by walking! In stead do some battles, and after you do a few it would have likely spread to the next member or two. If not... do some more battles. Note it has to be the spreadable form as well (i.e. it says PKRS in purple in the status screen - non-spreadable form is a smiley face). Keep at least one Pokemon in the PC with PKRS if you want to continue spreading it for at midnight any Pokemon with it not in the PC lose the spreadable quality of it.

Also maybe you used a different Pokeball for the Scizor? Where was it caught/with what?
    How can one hear the Team Rocket battle theme on GB Player?
    There are no more Rockets to battle once you get the GB Player
    There is a way - listen to the radio on Sunday (nights maybe as well, idk) and you'll hear old tunes, including the intro music and team rocket themes old-style.

Back