• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    I need help. HOW DA HECH I'M I MEANT TO TRAIN MY POKEMON?! *exists n00b mode*

I'm serious, like I've seen the table on Bulbapedia of the trainers, their times and their location, but it's on different days at different times during the day and it'll only be like 5 a day. And I have 6 Pokemon to train. Wild Pokemon just don't cut it.

Here's my predicament:
    Most of my Pokemon are just short of Lv.30, to of them are already there. My next Gym Leader is jasmine, who has Lv.35 Pokemon. I have a Fighting and Fire type I can use against her but I'll need to train them. I've battled all trainers up to the town Pryce's Gym is located, and I can't go past there. I keep underestimating the Gym Leaders, at first, I over estimated, but that was only Falkner's Gym xD So now I have to train my Pokemon. I don't know how to go, and where to go, about it.

Please, somebody - help me! *end scene* :)

beat price's gym, then go through the cave left on cianwood. make it to the safari zone. the area south of the safri zone is a really good place to train.

pryce is pretty easy. note: he's an ice leader but he really has more water pokes. he's pretty easy. I think you need to beat team rocket first, so if you haven't already, do it. that will train you too :)

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I remember during the game there is a girl somewhere in the kanto that asked for a chancey. I forgot where. Does anyone remember? Also which ou pokemon you taught fly too. I need a flying type.

On route 14 in kanto the girl that asks for a chansey is there. She is in a patch of grass that you have to use cut to get to. If you show her a chansey she will give you the lucky punch item for it to hold, unlike in g/s/c versions when she traded you an aerodactyl for chansey.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    You guys have been very helpful, thanks! I guess I'm stuck with the wild pokes. A point goes to Platinum here, VS Seeker pwns. So yeah, the Safari Zone are is where I was training to Lv.30, but I guess I'll just continue there. Oh and the Tentcruel in Cianwood, probably what Kip meant. Finally, Amore, could you ellaborate on that please?

Years
    I have a question. Where can I find a list of birthday pokemon events and other kinds of events. I have missed a lot. The only ones I got is jariji and latias in Soul silver. Like upcoming ones and the ones from the past. Let me know. thanks.

Kriptic

Rising up from the ashes
    Years
    Im sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but Im in a bit of a hurry.

I read somewhere that if you SR for a starter you have a 4 in 8000 (cant remember the exact number) instead of the usual 1 in 8000. Is this true? Also if you do encounter a shiny starter will it be shiny in the selection screen where you can see all the starters? Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Im sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but Im in a bit of a hurry.

I read somewhere that if you SR for a starter you have a 4 in 8000 (cant remember the exact number) instead of the usual 1 in 8000. Is this true? Also if you do encounter a shiny starter will it be shiny in the selection screen where you can see all the starters? Thanks in advance.
    It's still the same rate of chance to see a shiny starter. That's 1/8192, no matter what the Pokemon is.

As for the starter, I believe that you have to actually check it on the status screen after you receive it. That's what I've heard when people talked about this before.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    Does anyone know a good/fast way to catch Shiny pokemon in Soul Silver?

The easiest way is to cheat for them [/smarta**]

If you don't want to cheat, then hatching is a slightly better way than just trying to get them randomly (a lot better if you have a foreign parent/ditto). Either Masuda-ing, or RNG abusing.

Good luck, either way xD

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    the evo stones can be obtained via the Pokeathlon or the bug catching contest also they can be given to you by trainers you register in your pokegear.
    As for the happiness I believe it must be at 255 easily done by using the Haircut Brothers and Daisy Oak along with certain Berries (the Ev reducing ones)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Where can I find Daisy Oak, and when do I know when Eevee is happy enough?
    Daisy Oak is in Pallet Town, in the house next to Red's house (also known as Blue Oak's house). To see if your Eevee is happy enough, go to the house near the Bike Shop in Goldenrod City and talk to the girl there. If she says, "It looks really happy! It must love you a lot," (or something like that) then Eevee is happy enough to evolve.

Years
    When exactly is Eevee happy enough to evolve, and where can I get some of the stones needed?

Where can I find Daisy Oak, and when do I know when Eevee is happy enough?

you can get the stones from

1. the pokeathlon (before the national dex there's a different stone each day of the week; you need to go there on a certain day to get a certain stone. after the national dex there's more stones each day)

2. winning first place in the bug-catching contest. before the national dex you can only get a sun stone as a prize (won't really help your eevee...) but if you've got the national dex then any of the stones can be your prize.

3. certain people will give you their phone number and give you a stone every now and then.
    >> one of them is between goldenrod and ilex forest in that patch in the long grass. beat her and she'll give you her phone number and she'll give you I think it's a leaf stone if she ever calls you (rarely).
    >> another is left of ekruteak city, like right next to the top of the milktank farm. I think this one's a boy trainer and the same thing applies as above. except he gives you a different stone. I think maybe a thunderstone.
    >> those are the two I can think of off the top of my head.

conclusion:
    if you want an evolutionary stone, you're best off buying them as pokeathlon prizes.

for happiness, yeah you can do haircuts and such but I think that's too much of a bother as you can only do it once per day, etc. what I do is I farm an ev reducing berry (ie the kelpsy berry). I plant it in the berry planter and plant the berries that come off it and everything until I have like 50 or so berries (remember to water!), and then I get the pokemon that needs happiness to evolve and feed it berries until it won't take no more. when it won't take no more that's when I know the happiness is maxed. before this the pokemon won't evolve, so I don't need to go checking whether or not it's happy enough by talking to someone; just feed it untill it won't eat no more

my advice: do both. while you're mass producing your berries you can also do the haircuts and such. then it'll take less berries to max out the happiness. and this will be quicker than if you do the haircuts or the berries alone. now you're doing both!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Also about the stones:

Once you reach Kanto, you can get some from Bill's grandfather who lives in Bill's old house on the Route 25 cape north of Cerulean. You have to show him a specific Pokemon in order to get the stone from him and you can only get one of each of the types he gives out. The Pokemon you need to show him varies by version but he'll drop a riddle to help you identify which one he wants to see.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    hey does anybody know what/when the next wifi event is
    No real idea yet, as it's unknown what Nintendo of America/PUSA (if they're involved at all) will do for the next event. And even if they are going to do an event.

Your best bet is to just remain patient and wait for news about another event.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Urm, I don't think Ampharos want to EV no more. I'm EVing and it even has a Power Anklet, but it only went up by 1 Speed point e_o It's level 36 with 63 at Speed. Help?

Back