• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks for the advice earlier.
    Tried 20 resets to find my calibration time.
    I guess it's normal that these 20 times have over 10 different outcomes? XD

Years
  • I'm having trouble beating whiteny's milktank. I need a good pokemon that is good against normal attacks. Right now I have:

Quilava level 25 move set is:

Headbutt
    quick attack
    smoke screen
    flame wheel

Quagsire level 20

Water gun
    slam
    mud bomb
    mudshot

others I have a Zubat and a pinecon untrain. I all so have a bellsprout level 15 with vine whip, poisonpowder, cut, and sleep. Perhaps can I borrow someone's pokemon. If so vm me. Thanks

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Well a helpful note is unless this is a challenge try to get more pokemon,also what exactly is the problem it seems to me like those pokemon could beat whitney I've solo'd whitney with just a level 24 Quilava with a near identical move set.
    As for help try to catch a nidoran either gender just make sure it has poison point as they can both learn double kick which is super effective against miltank and they will have a chance to poison it if it makes physical contact which her miltank has to.

hope I helped

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    I'm having trouble beating whiteny's milktank. I need a good pokemon that is good against normal attacks. Right now I have:

Headbutt
    quick attack
    smoke screen
    flame wheel

Quagsire level 20

Water gun
    slam
    mud bomb
    mudshot

others I have a Zubat and a pinecon untrain. I all so have a bellsprout level 15 with vine whip, poisonpowder, cut, and sleep. Perhaps can I borrow someone's pokemon. If so vm me. Thanks
    Try to put as many 'Smoke Screen' as possible, this really helps, then when your Quilava is at red health heal. Just keep healing and stalling till you think that Miltank's accuracy is low enough to start attacking. On another note Mudbomb also lowers the accuracy.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, you have to restart the challenge, and you'll lose half your money... just like with any other Pokemon battle, really.

Arios

Gee
    Years
  • Gah thanks for the answer. It's just I never lost a Pokemon Battle xD All the important ones, I save before hand ^^

eDIT: Well hopping into the Elite 4 now! Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Here's a tip: Deposit all of your money with your Mum before you take the E4 challenge. That way if you lose, you effectively don't lose any money. Plus you actually gain some if you've got the 'send money to Mum' switched on, since every battle you win some money gets sent to your Mum and it's safe there.

Haonn

hello, zombie ♥
    Years
  • You could also grind a bit more, really. My whole team of 6 was level 60-65 when I first took them on, that way the elite 4 wasn't all that hard. Or, if you train that dratini of yours a bit, you could easily win, since dragon types have an advantage over other dragon types, or you could go and train an ice type from the Ice Path. Since it's quite dangerous to rely on a dragon to defeat a dragon if you have low levels.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Wasn't the money losing changed?
    Instead of losing half your money, you lose what you can gain.
    So if a trainer would give you 5000 when you win you would lose 5000 when you lose.
    Atleast, that's what I think I've experienced (I didn't lose half my money neither when all my pokemon were ko'd against a wild pokemon).

Emperte

はがねタイプ
    Years
  • I am already well aware status effects and Quick Ball enhance the chances. I was just answering the question. You also forgot to mention Fast Ball and Dusk Ball(which is used for night). I just have multiple Master Balls so I don't even worry about it. I don't know if Timer Ball still increases the chance after 10 encounters though. I know the concept would apply for regular instances.

I think Timer Balls work after 15turns have passed

Thanks guys ^^ I think I'm going to just save it...

oh and this is more of a... question.

Well I just navigated through Victory Road however my strongest Pokemon is Level 40. Do you think I can take on the Elite 4 xD? Anyone know any good spots to train for them?

Depends on if you have a good strategy. My team of 40-45 had little trouble with the E4. Just plan out a good strategy

I'm having trouble beating whiteny's milktank. I need a good pokemon that is good against normal attacks. Right now I have:

Headbutt
    quick attack
    smoke screen
    flame wheel

Quagsire level 20

Water gun
    slam
    mud bomb
    mudshot

Probably your strategy. I'll assume your Pokemon are male too which would mean Attract gets to them. You should try using Quagsire's Special attacks to take down Clefairy and use that Bellsprout of yours to inflict status on Miltank before letting Quagsire and Quilava take it head on. Play on Quagsire's higher offensive stat but Quilava will have to rely on his Atk seeing as all of his attacks are physical

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • It's been a long time since I posted but I got Soul Silver a couple of days ago and have kidnapped my Brother's DSL to play it. I wish my DSi wasn't broke, I woulda got SS a long time ago.

Anyhooo, I need some help please :)! I'm about to go up against the Elite 4 and was wondering if this team in okay...

1) Lapras - Lvl 53 - Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Perish Song

2) Alakazam - Lvl 51 - Psybeam/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Grass Knot

3) Bayleef - Lvl 50 - Cut/Synthesis/Razor Leaf/Magical Leaf

4) Fearow - Lvl 42 - Mirror Move/Fly/Pursuit/Aerial Ace

Then I can have one more but I'm not sure what to add to be honest.

Hope this is the right place to ask and if it's wrong I'd appreciate being told where to put it ^_^ Thank you xox

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    It's been a long time since I posted but I got Soul Silver a couple of days ago and have kidnapped my Brother's DSL to play it. I wish my DSi wasn't broke, I woulda got SS a long time ago.

Anyhooo, I need some help please :)! I'm about to go up against the Elite 4 and was wondering if this team in okay...

1) Lapras - Lvl 53 - Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Perish Song

2) Alakazam - Lvl 51 - Psybeam/Signal Beam/Focus Blast/Grass Knot

3) Bayleef - Lvl 50 - Cut/Synthesis/Razor Leaf/Magical Leaf

4) Fearow - Lvl 42 - Mirror Move/Fly/Pursuit/Aerial Ace

Then I can have one more but I'm not sure what to add to be honest.

Hope this is the right place to ask and if it's wrong I'd appreciate being told where to put it ^_^ Thank you xox

Seems very balanced. And the levels are good - I managed the E4 with Lv. 45 average so you shouldn't have a problem. Fearow might benefit from a small bit of levelling up (maybe to Lv. 45+), but it seems OK. Just remember to take bucket-loads of items and deposit all your money with your Mum so, in case you lose, you don't lose any coinage. Keep that Ice Beam in Lapras handy because it will save your life against Lance.

Bear in mind at this particular stage of the game it's very difficult, but not impossible, to add another member to your team from scratch, considering that all you've got to battle against is whoever bothers to call you up and wild pokes in Victory Road. However, if you were to add another member, I would say a Fighting-type for use against Dark-type user Karen. Other than that you've got all bases covered. Good Luck! :)

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Thanks you guys!

I'm thinking I'll add a fighting type before I go charging in, I'll see what my brother can give me ^_^ If I added a sixth, would you say a Butterfree w/ Compoundeyes ability + Choice Scarf as my first out would be a good idea? I think with that set up Sleep powder has like a 95% accuracy rate or near enough, I used a similar set-up during DPPt but I'm unsure how effective it'd be here. I have a Butterfree with a 31 IV in speed from the Bug Catching comp and so I think with a bit of EV training in speed, it'd be a nice addition and slow my enemies down anyway.

Again, thanks for the help :) xox

Back