• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    I'm trying to breed an evee out of my vaporeon. My vaporeon level is 12 right now. I haven't trained it much. And my ditto is in the 50's. I want to know what is wrong with it. I talk to the old man and it says they didn't like each other. I do not know why. Please help me. I had them in there for a while. They don't show no sigh on loveness.

pretty sure that's because both of their ID numbers match, if you get a ditto from a trade(so it has a different ID than your pokes), everything you breed with it should produce eggs quicker

(here's a lil tip: get a poke that has flame body, keep it with you while your hatching eggs, and it will cut the hatch time in half)

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    For the list above^ of a good team do you need TM moves to make them good or just moves they can learn by leveling up?

Really, anything goes. Anything goes in-game, you can even beat the game with Tackle and Lick if you wanted to. Though I'm not saying to use Tackle and Lick, just use STAB moves, a coverage move and a move for Status/Stat Up/Filler

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    I'm trying to breed an evee out of my vaporeon. My vaporeon level is 12 right now. I haven't trained it much. And my ditto is in the 50's. I want to know what is wrong with it. I talk to the old man and it says they didn't like each other. I do not know why. Please help me. I had them in there for a while. They don't show no sigh on loveness.

Doesnt matter. Just wait it out, or get another ditto/vaporeon if u dont want to wait that long. It will produce an egg eventually.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yes you can trade via wirless which is at the second floor in the pokemon center. Or go to the basement and trade via wifi. You would need either a secondary party or ds too transfer stuff of course. Some people say they can do it via GTS, but I am not feeling that method.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Is there anyway to transfer a poke from pearl to heartgold?

Since they are both 4th gen, yes you can. Just go to the wireless place at the top of the pokecenter, or goto the wifi place at the bottom (although, the wireless is much easier). If you only have one ds, then you could borrow another or goto the GTS. Put your pokemon on trade for the other one you want to, and get on the other and complete the trade. But still, there is always the chance that someone else will get your pokemon before you, so I would recommend the wireless method with 2 ds.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    okay so i was told that to get a metagross i have to give someone a forretress in the silph co. i was told he would be in there after i defeated Red, i just beat red got my kanto starter and he is still not there?? please help and also how do i catch the raquaza,groudon chain pokes?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    You also have to get the Hoenn starters from the person in question(which is Steven) in Siph Co as well, and I believe to do that you may need to do the Magnet Train/Lost Clefairy doll sidequest (talk to the copycat girl in saffron after restoring the power plant) and talk to Steven in Pewter's Museum first as well - try those if he's not there/won't do that.

You get Kyogre in HG and Groudon in SS after getting the Kanto starters and talking to Mr Pokemon to get an Orb, and then heading to Route 47. You have to trade to get the other one, and to get Rayquaza you need to have both of them (only HGSS ones, mind) with you and talk to Mr Pokemon again. (This might be in the FAQ thread btw if you look).

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    okay so i just got treecko from steven, but what i really want is a metagross... i was told had to do the magnet train sidequest which i did, and then i got the hoenn starter treecko, steven is supposed to be in silph co. the left correct? or did i forget a step or didnt do something? please help.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    Where can I train a level 41 machamp and a level 40 Drainti? I'm Ev train in attack. This is for my ou team.

for atk EVs i'd reccomend the goldeen(1) and seakings(2) that appear in the water east of ecruteak city

CrazyJake265

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    okay so i just got treecko from steven, but what i really want is a metagross... i was told had to do the magnet train sidequest which i did, and then i got the hoenn starter treecko, steven is supposed to be in silph co. the left correct? or did i forget a step or didnt do something? please help.

After getting Treecko, you need to talk to him at the Pewter City Museum . Then back at Silph. Co., he will trade you a Beldum for a Forreetress.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    how do i evolve togepi? i know i have to level it up while its happiness is 220 but how do i know when its happines is at 220? is there a trick or? thanks :D

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
    @skillzlight don't ever let it faint , and walk with him , do alot of battles ( switch to a stronger pokemon ) and it will take a bit of time but min usually level around 22-25

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    @skillzlight don't ever let it faint , and walk with him , do alot of battles ( switch to a stronger pokemon ) and it will take a bit of time but min usually level around 22-25

There is no way to see what it is at though?

Pkmn Newb Tyler

Loving my Nidoqueen <3
    Years
    I need major help. I have figured good 'ol Skiploom won't be of use until later. So I'm looking for something to replace him. I currently have Stantler, Ledyba, Yenma, Pineco and Sudowoodo.Those are in my PC. I really need an opinion on what to replace Skiploom with. Any ideas are great!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    where is the best spot to get exp after beating red? im trying to raise a bunch of low levels with exp share, im using a lvl 50 kyorge. im training my pineco soo i need to EV his def. and sp. def so where should i do that?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    There is no way to see what it is at though?
    No, although you can get a rough guide by talking to a woman in Goldenrod (house north of Cycling shop) who'll talk about how happy they are (they like you a lot, etc), and if you look on say bulbapedia what is said relates to the number of happiness.
    where is the best spot to get exp after beating red? im trying to raise a bunch of low levels with exp share, im using a lvl 50 kyorge. im training my pineco soo i need to EV his def. and sp. def so where should i do that?
    E4 is your best bet with levels (and money =p) - they go up to mid-70s there (and you can refight Red each time you beat the 4 again as well). You can also rematch gym leaders too. Here's how to get their phone numbers and when you can battle them.
    As for EV training - check the FAQ sticky thread here, there's a list on where you can EV train if you look
    I need major help. I have figured good 'ol Skiploom won't be of use until later. So I'm looking for something to replace him. I currently have Stantler, Ledyba, Yenma, Pineco and Sudowoodo.Those are in my PC. I really need an opinion on what to replace Skiploom with. Any ideas are great!
    Jumpluff is not too bad actually, nice with leech seed and sleep powder for starters so try just training it now - consider it a minor challenge, and tbh Skiploom is not bad either by itself on the right stuff. =p
    Also nearly any Pokemon will help tbh as long as you train them enough - Ledyba line less so than others (after pineco evolves he makes a great wall, Sudowoodo is fine as is Stantler, anma is better as Yanmega). If you want more specific help post your current team in the In-game Team Help section so people can advise something that fits with your team best.

Back