• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

jammi567

I'm looking to exploit a couple of Leaf Stone to evolve my Pokemon on my Grass Monotype challange. I know for a fact that I get them from Gina, so I've manlipulated the time and date so I can fight her. But she isn't giving them to me. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

BTW, I've gotten all eight badges, but haven't yet beaten the Kimono Girls (which is what I need the stones for in the first place).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Also with Gina she has to call you and say she'd going to give you a present, rather than you calling her. And I do believe whether that happens or not is based on luck instead of time or day...

Anothr way to get Leaf Stones in Johto is to win the Bug Catching comp, but mind you you could end up with a different stone instead.

Amilyia

.:~*Amilyia*~:.
    Years
  • Help? Not sure if this is the right place to go

I finished all the puzzles in the Ruins of Alph, but no unknown are showing up. Is there a specific time? Did I do something wrong? I've even used White Flute, played the radio station with the mysterious transmission, honey, even put a low level pokemon at the head of my team since Unknown are usually lvl 5. I don't know what else I could do. Any ideas?

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Here's a question that's been bugging me for a while: Does the Spiky Eared Pichu serve any purpose? What's so special about it aside from its contest stats? I looked on Bulbapedia and it didn't really say much...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It just has a unique Sprite, cannot be traded, or evolved. Nor transferred to BW. Other then that there is nothing special about it.

Amilyia

Years
  • I finished all the puzzles in the Ruins of Alph, but no unknown are showing up. Is there a specific time? Did I do something wrong? I've even used White Flute, played the radio station with the mysterious transmission, honey, even put a low level pokemon at the head of my team since Unknown are usually lvl 5. I don't know what else I could do. Any ideas?

Edit: Day or night doesn't matter. Still can't find any unknown.

Last edited:

Amilyia

Years
  • Shouldn't they be in the main hall? And the website doesn't say anything that specific unknown appear in only the champers with the words on the floor.

Years
  • Hi all, on the forums I keep hearing things about gts. What is this gts stuff in heart gold and soul silver. Please let me know. I would like to participate too. Any information on it would be nice.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • The only acronym I know that stands for GTS is Global Trade Station, which is the same thing as the Global Trade Station in D/P/Pt. Basically you are allowed to search for pokemon you have seen, and deposit and ask for a offer for the said pokemon you deposited. And there is a nifty trick were you can evolve your pokemon(ones that evolve through trade evolution methods), which is to deposit the pokemon, trade for another pokemon and then go back and take your pokemon back. So upon receiving the pokemon it will evolve.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Hi all, on the forums I keep hearing things about gts. What is this gts stuff in heart gold and soul silver. Please let me know. I would like to participate too. Any information on it would be nice.

GTS Stands for Global Trade Station and was introduced in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. And requires Wifi to be of full use.

In HG/SS the GTS is located at the far west of Goldenrod city.

Its used for quick trading, bascially from all round the world other players have placed their Pokemon on the GTS, if you find a Pokemon you want and the Pokemon they want is in your roster or box, you can do an instant trade and vise versa for yourself, however most Pokemon on the GTS are hacked, so beware.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years

The GTS is short for the Global Trade Station, and its located in goldenrod city in HG/SS. What you do there is trade pokemon with random people, though using it is usually a bad idea since there's a chance that you'll get hacked pokemon or find an offer that's rediculous (for example, a pikachu for a lv7 or lower mewtwo)

If you want to trade with members of this forum, its best to use the wifi trading thread.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Also forgot to mention pokemon with Classic Ribbon which are most DS events cannot be traded across GTS. And as said the offers are ridiculous.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • hey guys can someone give me a simple explanation of how to RNG in SS or just a better site all the ones I've found are not working . Thanks in Advance

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • RNG = random number generator, it's a typical part of many games including Pokemon, and is what decides if say when you encounter a wild Pokemon if the is shiny, what is its nature, what Pokemon species it actually is, and so forth. One can maipulate what the RNG gives out via external programs.

I do not know of any guides specifically myself. But try the 22nd or 24th post in this thread. (Although it's about D/P/Pt, not HGSS). The HGSS one is here in this section's FAQ thread (last post). If that doesn't help someone else will have to recommend something else or just keep google searching it.

Back