• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS - Updated Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I agree it was underlevel because it was hard to evolve my starter before getting to the 1st gym if I had 2 more pokemon on my team

I always though that G/S/C were the hardest Pokemon games compared to the other Pokemon versions.

It was Y/B/R for me GS/C was one of the easiest games out there I beat the league on the 1st try any time but yellow took me forever

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I would be happy to see raised levels in the new games. I'm a grinder, so I'm always training my Pokemon before the next plot point. So in G/S/C, the gyms and the Elite were easy for me. Red was a challenge, because I wasn't expecting that high of a level from him, but challenges make the game fun for me.

Plus, it would make rematches against the Elite Four better.

Years
  • Gymleader and E4 pokemon

I would love to see some of the gymleaders have different pokemon possibly some out of region pokemon. Like Bugsy and Mothim or Jasmine and Magnezone. What do you think?

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind raised levels but I don't want to have to level grind on wild pokemon, the trainers between towns and in dungeons should suffice to be strong enough for the gyms.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Merged another two identical threads~

And I don't think the Johto Gym Leaders/Elite 4 will have an update in the first run. Maybe if you can have rematches or the second time you battle them.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If Morty is given a Mistreavous, then I'd like to have rematches with the Gym after obtaining the National Dex. Saying that, it'll be most likely by then he might have the new Mismagius.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    To me the level is not important...
    The problem is having TOO native Kanto Pokemon in almost every gymleaders' team...

For example
    Falkner... He should instead have a Hoot-hoot and a Noctowl or Murkrow
    rather than Pidgey and Pidgeotto
    But of course there's some exception, like Morty and Clair
    Since the lack of Dragon and Ghost-type...

If Morty is given a Mistreavous, then I'd like to have rematches with the Gym after obtaining the National Dex. Saying that, it'll be most likely by then he might have the new Mismagius.
    I don't think we should have to wait the National-dex to have Mismagius...
    They should kick out some too native Kanto Pokemon like Pidgey, Nidoran...
    But include some 4th-gen Pokemon that have connection with 2nd-gen Pokemon like Electivire, Mismagius....

Last edited:

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Doubt they'll change their line-ups, and if thay do, they probably won't use anything beyond Gen 2.

I never thought G/S/C were too easy, though thinking back now, It seems they could use a little increase in power.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Doubt they'll change their line-ups, and if thay do, they probably won't use anything beyond Gen 2.

I never thought G/S/C were too easy, though thinking back now, It seems they could use a little increase in power.
    Yeah I know that too...
    So sometimes I think the original G/S/C are kinda stupid games...
    I mean there's wide selection of "new" Pokemon that can be put in those Gym Leaders team...
    But why not use those Pokemon?
    It's also kinda lame that Houndour, Murkrow etc can be ONLY caught in Kanto...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    THey always deserved an increase in power, it was just back then, the two reasons levels would go so high, and I think GameFreak was a little skeptical on that.

Anyway, I doubt the lineup of the Gyms and Elites might change because of how the Gyms in FRLG styaed the same like the originals. I can picture it all changing up a bit after the National Dex is obtained and a rematch is called for.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
  • Making Red Stronger

Up until the release of Pokémon Platinum, Red - from Gold, Silver, and Crystal - had the highest level Pokémon in any of the games, (Excluding the Battle Towers and Frontiers.) He had a Level 81 Pikachu, level 73 Espeon, 75 snorlax, and level 77 Kanto starters.

In Platinum,The Player's Rival, Pearl, will have his starter at level 85 later in the game, and two of his other Pokémon above level 81, and one At level 81) All of Pearl's Pokémon are at a higher level than Red's Second strongest Pokémon

The question I'm trying to get at is, do you think that Game Freak will boost Red's Party to beat Pearl's, or Leave them alone and make Pearl the reigning champion of all of the Pokémon games?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I want Red to be the strongest trainer of them all because he is just awesome. :P
    Really, though, they should make him stronger, while making everyone else in the game stronger with him, so you don't have such a bad advantage. He was quite easy to beat because most of his Pokemon were a single type or had clear weaknesses. The only problem was that you could never train to his level just like that because of the lack of matching level wild Pokemon to train with. (i.e. level 50-70 wild Pokemon to train with.)

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • Up until now, Red has been the strongest Pokemon trainer. He deserves that title.

Maybe after beating the Elite Four a certain number of times, his team could jump to lv. 100.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back