• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS Voltorb Flip

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    This game is a pain in my neck, I've tried it so much and I got to level 3 once, Then failed. Anyone have any strategies on this game? I know its mathematical and I sorta kinda figured out the gist of it. What do you guys think?

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I didn't even bother with it.
    I can't even get past the first level, it's just too similar to minesweeper.. and I hate that game.
    I kind of get the game and I kind of don't.. so that's probably why.
    I get midway scared/confused when I start getting streaks on the first level.

looper

German Hacker
    Years
  • Voltorb Flip is extremly easy, I think

You can only with a little bit thinking reach Level 5 min.

Rapyac

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Ive reached lvl 3 and stayed in some minutes, then ive fail'd. This game sux, i want the old machines back (the FR/LG/RSE ones) !!!!!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ive reached lvl 3 and stayed in some minutes, then ive fail'd. This game sux, i want the old machines back (the FR/LG/RSE ones) !!!!!
    Good luck with that. Thing is the Japanese versions of HGSS had the slot machines... but because of gambling laws in Europe (which had also prevented slot machines with Platinum) and game rating systems in America which would have resulted in HGSS having something like a PG-13 (or higher?) rating if they had the slot machines in... they decided to do away with them for the western countries. Because, you know, 'gambling' in Pokemon is teh evils. -_-

At least they gave us Voltorb Flip in place of the slot machines instead of what Europe got with Platinum - press A on the slot machines to...randomly get a few coins instead of playing a game! Excitement! ^^

As for Voltorb Flip, I found it all right, and picked it up easily enough - got to level 7 or something a few times in what little I've played.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Voltorb Flip is hard! I can't get past level 3. I hate it when I find myself in a situation when all the rows have Voltorb.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • No. No, I hate this game.
    I mean, it got pretty exciting once I got past level 2 ...

Too bad they banned the slot machines from Pokemon because "they were teaching kids to gamble".

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Voltorb Flip is easy, you just need to do the math.
    First: Always open the entire row with 0 Voltorbs first. You can see this by looking at second number given on the card.
    Second: Always calculate the sum of the two numbers given on each card, if the sum is 5, it means that there is no 2x nor a 3x, so just never mind those.
    Third: If you see a that e.g the numbers given are 6 and 1(6 points and 1 voltorb), that would mean those 6 points are divided by those 4 other cards. E.g you already see that that row has a 3 in it, that would mean you don't have to look further in that row as all the 2x and/or 3x are already found.

Keep these things in mind and it's easy. There are a few more thing in which you can use math for, but I don't think mentioning that would help.

Good luck.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I never beat level 3. I've never been good at minesweeper-like games...

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Remove the game corner.

I wish the game corner never existed.

So many rare TMs... So much grinding for coins ... Porygon ...

*terrorism activate*

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I like Voltorb Flip, but yeah, it's hard (at least for me). I know how to play it and I can get to level 5 but then it starts to be too difficult and I just can't think anyway to get those few ones. I have learned the game by myself as I've done with Minesweeper (that game is a lot easier) and japanese puzzles like Sudoku.

Voltorb Flip > older Game Corners

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Good luck with that. Thing is the Japanese versions of HGSS had the slot machines... but because of gambling laws in Europe (which had also prevented slot machines with Platinum) and game rating systems in America which would have resulted in HGSS having something like a PG-13 (or higher?) rating if they had the slot machines in... they decided to do away with them for the western countries. Because, you know, 'gambling' in Pokemon is teh evils. -_-

unless they put pikachu faces and pokeballs on slot machines i don't think pokemon will make kids too inclined to gamble. pokemons been referred to as satanism and racist as well, so gambling is a little dull in comparison.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    I miss the FR/LG slot machines, to me it wasn't gambling, I could actually SEE the 7s and get them on command, kinda hard though, but i got them like nonstop, emerald was too hard, I couldn't really make out the moving sevens, diamond was OK, i could'nt get the 7s, but I was the clefairy slavemaster, (the clefairies, when they appear, show you which slide to stop, which, if listened to, give u 777, but only 10 coins, but they do that for like 10-30 times be4 they leave) in my soul silver, I'm still kinda good, u should know what to do because of that guide, but to me, once i figured out what those #s represented, it became second nature to me, but I'm an unlucky person, the highest level I got to was I think level 12 or something, i can get to level 7 on a regular basis though, so I guess im pretty good, I just hate the Luck element of it (which is why I miss firered's slot machines)

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Level 8 is the highest level. I've been on level 8 two time. But it isn't easy getting there. You gotta win level 7 a random number of time to achieve level 8. First time I got to level eight I had to win level 7 three time, the second time though I had to win 5+ times.

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of either the slots or Voltorb Flip, though I see why some might enjoy them. I prefer Card Flip, where the odds are simple to calculate and it's pretty easy to come out ahead. I'm not a big fan of luck-based games, and I'd rather have Card Flip back and/or be able to buy Coins again.

Back