• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Australian Release Date - 25th March now confirmed!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    One day earlier than us? You lucky Aussies XD

I just wonder if you'll get the EU game corner-less version, or just the American version with some delay.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    It was only a matter of time before confirmation of these dates were released. I can say that I'm at least satisfied the games for Australia aren't being released much farther than that of the EU's, but just a day before them (which isn't irregular). Plus, it falls on a Thursday like expected. Regardless of not living in Australia, I'm glad to hear they're getting their games and it's not two months after the US release :) along with the EU release.

Wasnt expecting it till 2011, we usally get things ages after the US, Im sure Platinum was 2 months after
    Really? With confirmation on the US and Europe release dates being in March of 2010, it was known the Australian release date would have been somewhere near these dates. More so closer to the EU release as the Australian games usually comes out either a littler earlier or a little later than theirs. Being released in 2011 would just be too far off. o_o

Neh, I've always liked EB games. Mostly because I kinda know all the people working at the store I shop at. Usually, I just price match from JB and get the $5 game guarantee. c:

But I really hope there's a special something with the preorder!
    Considering the U.S will be including the pre-order bonus, it is possible for the EU and Australia to include them as well. However, information on this is yet to be revealed. I would suggest asking your nearest game store about any pre-order bonus and if it will be included for your region's game for those who purchase HeartGold and/or SoulSilver beforehand.

Fantomix

^^^^^^^^^
    Years
    Oh, cool.

I just remembered that these were coming out. I finally have something to spend my $60 EB Games voucher on! Sweet.

I wonder if you can pre-order using a voucher...

Years
    Oh, cool.

I just remembered that these were coming out. I finally have something to spend my $60 EB Games voucher on! Sweet.

I might pre-order from GameTraders, because I don't really feel loyal to any stores, now that Game bought out Games Wizards and closed my favourite store.

I'm curious to see if I get any strange reactions for pre-ordering it, being 17.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oh, cool.

I would say so, although there's only one way to find out, is there? XD although I wouldn't be surprised to see it come at the full $70 price-tag. -_-
    One day earlier than us? You lucky Aussies XD

I just wonder if you'll get the EU game corner-less version, or just the American version with some delay.
    One and a half if you include time zones. ;P

But there's something interesting on that game corner censoring thing - there's a screenshot on the website that drew attention to me. It was of a PC box, only the box was labelled 'Caja 1'. According to Jake who raised the following points, that's Spanish for Box 1... if they used the same save file for the screen shots than the box names may have stayed with that name (and there's not much reason for them to go naming boxes in Spanish for the Australian version, I believe). So... could that mean that the European version is the same as the Australian version, one wonders? Which is a bit odd as the Australian versions tended to be basically the American versions to a T. Hmm... and all three games have a release within 2 weeks, instead of differing by a few months between each region this time around. Curious.

Factor in that HG/SS in Australia is rated G, unlike Platinum which over here got G 8+ or something due to the 'gambling' in the game corner... well, who knows. Something could be up though - gotta like screenshots that end up revealing some possibilities but no real answers. At the very least though another screenshot showed the Game Corner from the over-world, so at least the building itself exists. XD All we know is that apparently the Game Corner will be altered in some way for Europe. =/

Korea gets it soon though. Maybe that will shed more light about any differences from the Japanese versions? More likely we'll have to wait for the actual release though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    So NZ should be getting this like a week after this so I'm quite thrilled.
    Australia and New Zealand shall both be receiving their copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver on March 25th 2010. New Zealand's release date was also confirmed through Nintendo of Australia. =) So luckily, a week's wait won't be necessary for those who live in New Zealand.

As for Australia's version allowing access to the Game Corner. It's hard to tell at the moment. Things seem to contradict one another here, such as the building being there in the game, yet the rating at 'G' without any reference to slight gambling influence. Hopefully with Korea's release coming soon, it'll give light that the Game Corner will be accessible in the Aussie version, but until then we may just have to wait until the game itself is released ...

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    I pre-ordered Soul Silver today and i got a $10 discount so it was only $60, but the guy at the store didn't say anything about a pre-order bonus(i forgot to ask him lol).

metalleg

Relax
    Years
    I pre-ordered Soul Silver today and i got a $10 discount so it was only $60, but the guy at the store didn't say anything about a pre-order bonus(i forgot to ask him lol).

Would you mind telling me which shop you pre-ordered it from?

Thanks

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Lucky beans for Australia !

Even tough in Europe it kicks off on the 26 March , but I know a shop which will have them by 16th March ! ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    You know, I think AUS will be getting the Game Corner-less EUR version, since the rating is G. I checked this morning, the rating is usually PG with the "Mild Gambling References". But-but-but Pokémon just isn't the same without the Game Corner!!

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
    They might up the rating or this game corner (which has been in every other Australian release) might've slipped under the radar? Do we still have the G +8 rating since we're talking ratings.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I work at big W So im getting it from there lol and im lucky i work at home entertainment i get to put out the game myself i get to open the embargoed boxes and touch them before anyone else and go buy one lol and play it on my break lol

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
    Guys, the original Gold and Silver where G rated in Australia, I found my old boxes, only Crystal was G 8+ and had the Mild Gambling references tag. Hmm...

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Well Platinum, Diamond and Pearl were all rated PG. GODDAMMIT I wanted the game corner.

And I preordered both HeartGold and SoulSilver at EB and asked him about a preorder bonus and he said nup.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well Platinum, Diamond and Pearl were all rated PG. GODDAMMIT I wanted the game corner.

And I preordered both HeartGold and SoulSilver at EB and asked him about a preorder bonus and he said nup.
    Actually I think they were rated G, except Platinum which was G8+ for gambling references. (Apparently could have been 12+ in some places at least if they kept the slots instead of putting in a different game instead).

But no preorder bonus according to you? Conflicts with other personal stories from people pre-ordering from EB... hmm. Maybe there is no pre-order, or that shop/person was wrong simply. =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    sorry if someone say it but the Usa verson will be released on 13 march 2010

Back