• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Glitches Thread

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    when playing the voltorb flip if you click a panel very quickly (and possabley if a 2 or 3 pops up only) it will only make the get coin noise and not the flip sound if that makes sense

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I got myself a Japanese Yanmega. It was genderless... hacks?

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I'm beginning to become quite a fan of the Facade glitch.

If you don't know (or haven't read the above posts that describe it) when you use Facade, the Pokemon's sprite moves up one pixel each time.

I like my floating Ursaring. :p

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Yeah, I had that glitch in Pearl but I never knew it was in HGSS. My Milotic spams with that.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Heh, I'll have to try the facade one. It's too bad that I'll only be able to use it six times in a row at the most, since my Ursaring seems to murderinate everything with it. :P

I haven't seemed to notice any glitches myself though. I guess I need to really look out more.

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    There was one time I was playing via wifi with a friend, and a munchlax we were facing in the battle tower suddenly turned into my friend's tyranitar. It even knew tyranitar's moves. Also, it's type advantages/disadvantages stayed the same... (A water move wasn't super effective)
    Weird stuff....

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    hack. hacks arent glitches

there are no buildings in cinnabar except a pokemon center? but no one is on it
    I think he means in the orignal Yellow - Blue - Red games where an old man is indeed standing on the Cinnibar's Gym. But unfortunately is has little relevance in HG/SS because it does not appear to activate.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Want a glitch? then just go inside the Vermilion City port.

I remember that glitch. I was wondering whether it was just my game cart, or if it was an actual glitch! xD It's nice to know I'm not the only one suffering from this glitch. (Oh, and for the people who don't know what I'm on about, if you go into the Olivine/Vermillion port, there is a blue border-thing. :\)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Sprite placement glitch in Magohany Town- the tree goes into the tower at the right if you are directly below it.

Pokegirl98

Just an Average Fangirl
    Years
    I was in the sprout tower. First, a bellsprout used vine whip and absolutley nothing happened(damage, sprite movement, move animation). It used it again, and my HP acually went up by 10... ????

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I was battling.. I think my friend's Suicune? I had my Aerodactyl out, and the Suicune used Aurora Beam. For some reason, it was not super effective, so it didn't die from it.

Then the day after Aerodactyl was hit by Blizzard and it was Super Effective. I was completely confused and questioning my Pokemon knowledge a second there. xD;

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I was battling.. I think my friend's Suicune? I had my Aerodactyl out, and the Suicune used Aurora Beam. For some reason, it was not super effective, so it didn't die from it.

Then the day after Aerodactyl was hit by Blizzard and it was Super Effective. I was completely confused and questioning my Pokemon knowledge a second there. xD;

Type advantage moves don't always have a super effective... effect.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    That's been in there since D/P. The games have a set series of sprites for the Fly animation on the overworld, and once it finishes the animation at your destination, it resets the sprite to the appropriate image. (This makes me wonder... did they program this in when you dress up as the TR member?)

You can't fly while dressed as a TR member, I tried...

Back