• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Glitches Thread

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    HGSS Glitches Thread

I was doing my SoulSilver Dratini Solo Run on an Emulator.

This was Soul Silver USA VERSION! And i had just put my Totodile into the box and when i came out of it things had turned like this, i went outside then back in then everything was fine.

Weird Eh?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    ^^ Yeah, but that could have just been the emulator/the game file, not necessarily a glitch.

Also, what would tweaking be useful for in this game? just curious since we know know we can do it from above^^^^

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    You're right, that's almost definitely an emulator problem. When I was playing SS in Desmume the overworld would occasionally just cut off and freeze sometimes. Not had any similar problems on the real thing.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Okay, two things.

One- What is tweaking used for in this game? Celebi event?

Two- The third glitch you posted, Team Fail, is a more-or-less major glitch. But, I want to try that out.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    There are a few errors with battle sprites, due to the palettes being changed. For example, Elekid's back sprite has the light and medium shades of yellow switched around (between the 'light' and dark shades, you can see dots of the real light shade).

EDIT: Also, the Pokémon sprites going through things on the map is due to the way the graphics engine works. The game has a angled camera (which gives the perspective effect); this means that the character sprites have to always be angled towards the camera so they don't look squashed. As such, all the sprites on the map (not 3D models, like signs or houses) are actually significantly leaning backwards. Taller sprites, such as certain Pokémon, will therefore end up partially going through vertical objects.

Back