• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Glitches Thread

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Excluding the obvious Tweaking and Acid Rain glitch, what other glitches have you seen while playing HGSS?

I just saw my Blaziken get half-eaten by a tree, meaning that when the Blaziken moved, the tree overlapped it for a short amount of time.

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I noticed that when you use fly in battle, moves like cross chop and wake up slap will still hit you.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've gotten hitten twice by sleeping Pokemon (and NOT moves like Dream Eater, etc.)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    If your overworld pokemon is poisoned, when it hits 1HP it will become cured (at least all of mine have idk if this applies to everybody or if i got lucky). very handy when antidotes are in short supply.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have a Pokemon that used Facade multiple times. The sprite moved up one pixel each time it attacked. After 10 turns, my sprite was incomplete.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I noticed that when you use fly in battle, moves like cross chop and wake up slap will still hit you.

That's because of No Guard, Machamp's ability. Even when you use thinks like Dive, Dig, Fly, etc., the moves still hit because No Guard makes every move hit, regardless of conditions.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    If your overworld pokemon is poisoned, when it hits 1HP it will become cured (at least all of mine have idk if this applies to everybody or if i got lucky). very handy when antidotes are in short supply.

This is also not a glitch. It's something GF implemented during the last round of games because apparently it was frustrating to people.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    The only things I've noticed are sometimes you can see things through things. Like the people at the table at the Goldenrod Radio Tower, their backs come through the chair. And that's more sprite placement than glitch. :/

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years

That's not a glitch, it was a feature in Platinum too.
    And it doesn't just apply to the first Pokemon in your team.
    It happens with all Pokemon that are still poisoned outside battle.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    ^ Well, that's stupid. So, we can't die from poisoning now?

Of course you can still die from poison, just not in the overworld. If you get into a battle before the poison wears off, you'll still be poisoned and receive poison damage each turn, making it still very possible that if left untreated, poison will kill you. Also, don't forget that though your pokémon doesn't technically die of poisoning while in the overworld, its health will still reduce to 1HP before the poison wears off. Unless you heal up, it will be killed by literally any attack that can hit it.

Also, this has been implemented into the game for over a year now, so I'm not quite sure why it comes as a surprise.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Oh, never heard of that. Seems weird.

Has fog always caused damage, am I misremembering cause i just seem to remember it reducing accuracy.

It only reduces accuracy. I'm not sure where you got the notion it did damage, as only coupled with the the other weather will it damage your pokémon, and even then it isn't techincally the fog that is damaging you.

zgillis

Action Replay Code Master
    Years
    glitches

Just as in all DS Pokemon games, when you arrive after flying, your character is shown as if he was in daylight, then when the pokemon is put in the pokeball, your character changes to the actual time.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Just as in all DS Pokemon games, when you arrive after flying, your character is shown as if he was in daylight, then when the pokemon is put in the pokeball, your character changes to the actual time.

That's been in there since D/P. The games have a set series of sprites for the Fly animation on the overworld, and once it finishes the animation at your destination, it resets the sprite to the appropriate image. (This makes me wonder... did they program this in when you dress up as the TR member?)

Back