• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Is there a list of changes the level curve patch does? Nothing it does is really even mentioned in the main post.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2021
    hey so is it possile to make it ao you can complete the johto dex with only one game? maybe make the starters game corner prizes or wild pokemon in victory road, and add the version exclusivves to the wild as well

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2021
    How did you make the new repel system, or maybe what file in the rom can I pull over? I am currently playing another hgss hack and would like to implement the repel system into it.

ZeoYT

The Cyber Sleuth
    Years
    I've actually been playing on Twilight and have encountered 0 glitches. By the way, what are Lances levels with the level curve fixed?

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    New Update:

Added gen5 B2W2 Repel system.

Really enjoying my playthrough of this hack! There is however a glitch in the violet city pokemon center. The NPC on the upper floor who tells you which kind of trainer you look like (Lass/Youngster, Socialite/Gentleman, Ace Trainer) does not do that. He instead replaces it with a comma.

beepbot5000

Beepbot5000
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Hi, I downloaded the xdelta patch but Emuparadise has removed their pokemon roms so I have no way to get an (E) of my knowledge.

Years
    I just created an account to tell you how much I love this hack, I've played many hacks in my time and my favourite games were the original gen 2 games and their remakes. this is by far my favourite hack. Thank you so much for this hack and I hope you continue to improve upon it.

I noticed that if you play as Kris, upon opening the bag the other screen displays a 3d model of Lyra, it's not a huge problem but if you know any 3d modellers it might be worth looking into.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Really enjoying my playthrough of this hack! There is however a glitch in the violet city pokemon center. The NPC on the upper floor who tells you which kind of trainer you look like (Lass/Youngster, Socialite/Gentleman, Ace Trainer) does not do that. He instead replaces it with a comma.

Can corroborate the glitch's there.

I've actually been playing on Twilight and have encountered 0 glitches. By the way, what are Lances levels with the level curve fixed?

He's around the 60s the first time you fight him last time I checked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2021
    Hello I am new here and have found your patch and I think it is just about what I am looking for! I am looking ideally for an even more vanilla version of this however. I read through the entire thread and I am confused as to exactly how many pokemon in the pokedex in your patch. Ideally I am looking for this rom but with only pokemon from the original HG/SS (unknowns not included and alolan types not included). I understand version exclusives are now all under one patch which is great!

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    I love a lot of these changes, but you should definitely add an alternate version that keeps the original move stats from gen 4. I like the expanded movesets making more 'mons viable, but having so many moves adjusted to gen 6 power/accuracy/effects really messes up the original difficulty

Also the download link you released in 2018 featuring just visual changes (such as Kris and decap) is no longer functional and I would very much appreciate a new link since 90% of the appeal for me is having my old-school girl back

Thanks for all the hard work, BM

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Hello,
    Could you share what you did to accomplish the reusable TMs?
    The closest thing I've been able to find is a hex edit that unfortunately makes every item infinitely reusable, not just TMs.
    Really would appreciate it. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Any way there could be a version that reverts changes to Lyra? I actually think she looks better than Kris. And maybe you could do something about the low health beeping that's really annoying. Everything else is so nice though...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Hey there! I want to say I love all the work you did on this, and very much look forward to playing through it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2021
    Is it possible to add a egg move tutor?, maybe in the battle frontier so breeding can still be useful to get stuff sooner, or if its not possible maybe having some egg moves be available via the move reminder for fully evolved mons?

Years
    There will be NatDex Edition but with different rate encounters?
    You can make exclusive Pokémon became common in SoulSilver and Rare in HeartGold and viceversa and NPC for starter eggs and Legendary Catches

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Can this work on an emulator on an Android phone, and is there a (U) Version of this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Not sure if this has been reported before, but as a side effect of making Primo always gift you a Slugma Egg near the start of the game, it's currently impossible to obtain the special backgrounds for PC boxes and some of the other eggs. Is that intended, or a necessary drawback?

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2021
    I know you have posted the Levels for the Johto gym leaders, but I am wanting to do a Nuzlocke of this with level caps, are you able to post the levels of E4 and Kanto gyms/E4?

Back