• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Sorry for the stupid question, but how i should use the patches? First i should use the patch in main folder, than i should use patch in Level Curve folder? Or level curve patch contain the main patch inself?

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry for the stupid question, but how i should use the patches? First i should use the patch in main folder, than i should use patch in Level Curve folder? Or level curve patch contain the main patch inself?

If you want to play with the level curve modified, just patch your ROM with the Level Curve patch as it includes everything from the main patch. If you prefer the original one, use the patch of the main folder.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you have a list with The TM's locations from Battle Frontier?

the unique TMs at the battle frontier are now available at 1 of each kanto's pokemarts.

-Viridian City mart - TM81 X-Scissor
    -Pewter City mart - TM71 Stone Edge
    -Cerulean City mart - TM08 Bulk Up
    -Vermilion City mart - TM73 Thunder Wave
    -Lavender Town mart - TM61 Will-O-Wisp
    -Saffron City mart - TM04 Calm Mind
    -Fuchsia City mart - TM06 Toxic

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2023
    Okay, so i got an (E) version of Heartgold (Thanks Mikachu), patched the game and tried to begin to play, but when I finish the intro, the screen stays in black and i can't continue...

I'm using the level curve patch (Only Patched with that because i read that de Level Curve patch have everything), playing in No$Zoomer and choosing Kris for a Protagonist. What should I do to fix this problem?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Okay, so i got an (E) version of Heartgold (Thanks Mikachu), patched the game and tried to begin to play, but when I finish the intro, the screen stays in black and i can't continue...

I'm using the level curve patch (Only Patched with that because i read that de Level Curve patch have everything), playing in No$Zoomer and choosing Kris for a Protagonist. What should I do to fix this problem?

It's possible that the rom you got isn't working correctly, is the person you got it from having the same issue?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I've been playing few weeks ago and I loved it so far. I especially love the infinite TMs and the move tutors. Playing a poison monotype with Gengar, Nidorino, Tentacruel, Crobat and Venomoth on the levelcurve patch, made it to Blackthorn City. The only real trouble I ran into with that team was the steel arena. Can't wait to find the time to continue playing.

I never got around to posting what I noticed:

You say "21 different unown = Lucky Egg (highly recommended for the level curve patch)" & "I would recommend doing it ASAP, so yes after surf is obtained."
    Unfortunately it is not possible to get 21 unknown without solving the last puzzle that requires Surf and Strength, and I couldn't get Strength because it's on Route 42, which is blocked by NPCs until after I've beaten the 6th Gym. Unless something was changed in the latest patch.
    I'm not sure if it's intended to be this "late". If it's intended, it's still fine. If not, perhaps swapping the prizes of the unown quest around would be an idea.

With the TMs being infinite, you could perhaps consider replacing one of the Hidden Power tms the player gets. You get one from the unown quest I think and one from the lake of rage.

Edit: One Kimono girl, Naoko, when she challenges you, talks about SLOWPOKE well still capitalized.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Do the pokemon have their hidden abilities of gen 5 onwards?

At the very least, if Pokemon with empty second slots were given their hidden abilities (like Ninetales Drought for example), this would be perfect for me. Is there any chance of something like that being added?

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2020
    hi! the hack is awesome, but my screen keeps turning black when I enter a building or finish a battle with someone. I'm using the (E) version and the emulator is deSmuME. does anybody know what is possibly happening?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2020
    I wanted to know if you can explain what method you used for changing the pokedex location, it's something I'm trying to understand for quite some time.

Did you use a hack tool or did you hex-edit them directly?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Hello BlazingMagmar.

I am sending you this message for a question regarding rom hacking, since you have experience.
    Undoubtedly, you've run into the challenge of replacing character sprites. My issue is with the back sprite of the protagonist during wild encounters specifically. You see, I have modified every single frame of the pokeball-throwing/calling-your-pokemon-into-battle animation, yet during the first second or so in the animation (the part where the character slides from the right to the left and is kind of mingled with the grass animation), the colours are all messed up. That part of the animation corresponds to the first frame, which I have properly edited, as proven by the fact that once the character stops sliding and the rest of the animation rolls out, the first frame and all the other ones are normal.

I do not know if you have run into this specific problem yourself. However, someone on another forum recommended I send you a message because they knew you'd done some rom hacking. So this is why I am asking you about this issue. Any form of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Ryan

Back