• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi Hi HI!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2014
    Hello my name is Hamtaro.

I joined pokecommunity because I want to make a fan made game. Unfortunately, I'm a noob and do not know where to start a game. Hoping to gain experience by helping others make their game. Right now I'm playing with Rmxp since I don't know any good tutorials on it. Well, that's all, hope to get some helpful tips soon...

Spoiler:

Kaiza

Conceptual Amateur
    Years
  • Welcome to the community! While I myself do not make games, the emulation and ROM hacking forums may have something interesting for you. I think I speak for all of us when I say good luck, best wishes, and enjoy your stay.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I just... c a n ' t. YOUR NAME BRINGS BACK SO MANY MEMORIES. <333

Welcome to the forum, Hamtaro! I'm pretty sure you picked that name based on the little hamster, right? Right? :D He is soooo adorable and I soo remember that show very well!

Like Kaiza mentioned, if you're looking for tutorials and tips for game developing, you should visit the Game Development section, where there's a lot of things for you to gather, as well as to share your stuff in development! You can also share your knowledge about developing games as well. :)

Please make yourself at home, and great to see ya here! Have fun!

Years
  • Hey there Hamtaro, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure to meet you! {:3}

As the others have pointed above, please be sure to check out the game development section if you need help in developing a game.. they have good tutorials over there. And your name! I totally forgot about what Hamtaro was xD but it's a unique name and I like it :]

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look over the rules, so that you don't wind up getting into trouble of any kind.. the last thing we want to see from a new user is them getting an infraction by breaking a small rule :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff (users with the bold usernames), and they'd be glad to help you out anytime! :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! Feel free to send me a visitor message or a PM if you ever wanna chat with me! ^_^

Years
  • ....omg Hamtaro. ;______; That was my childhood and you are really, really lucky to get that name! I'm shocked it wasn't taken yet! Welcome to the forum!

Well, Game Development will definitely be the place for you if you're looking to make a game with programs like RMXP and RPG Maker. Fangames are a very big thing on the forum and many members join to get involved in that; you'll definitely find others that can aide you in your journey. :) I can't point you in the direction of a specific guide though, since I'm not a gamemaker myself, but you will find helpful things for sure here. There's a Resources and Scripts & Tutorials subforum that you can use for some useful things to help you along. You always have the option of asking some of the regulars there as well, though they're likely a bit busy. There's even a nifty Team Recruitment thread for people who are looking to get a team together for their project; be sure to check that out! I'm sure you'll get far if you don't give up since this really is one of the best places to create a fangame. People that give up are the ones that don't get anywhere at all, right? The struggle is certainly worth it.

Hope you'll consider exploring PC outside of Game Development, though, as there's so, so much to do here. You can discuss your favorite Pokemon games, chat about video games and music, discuss news, play trivia, participate in events, trade, battle, and so many other things. Let us know if you've been having fun here so far and if we can do anything to help! I'll try and dig around for tutorials for you but I can't make any guarantees, I'm not the best scout for these types of things. :( Perhaps you can ask the Game Development moderator, Maruno, if he'd provide you with some links (assuming he isn't busy).

Have a nice stay on the forum, Hamtaro! Don't ever quit before then your great username would go to waste!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • OH my gosh! You're name brings back so much memories! Hamtaro was such a great show! Welcome to PC!!

Fan made games are huge here, especially Pokemon ones! Well of course it's a Pokemon so that makes sense. XD Cirno's pretty much pointed you to a bunch of good tutorials that are on here on PC. No need to Google any cause the Tutorials in Game Development and even Emulation & ROM Hacking which is more popular for Pokemon hacks. Either works fine, but if you're making a full game, the go with Game Development. I hope you can truly make a game and never give on that goal!

Of course in order to post any links required for screenshots, and other things you need 15 posts cause members are prevented all linking to other place until they get 15 posts. But don't worrying, achieving that here is really easy. There's many place you can post on Pokemon and off-topic stuff not related to Pokemon. Posts in every section besides Pokemon Trivia, Forum Games, and Trade Corner go towards your post count so I suggest you look for threads that might interest you in those sections. :)

Anyway, I hope you can have fun here and enjoy your stay. The staff (or those in bold) here are really nice so you can contact them about any concerns you may have. Plus there's always the Questions & Feedback section if you need a quick answer and other members can help you there too. Alot of memebers are nice and helpful so don't hesitate to ask questions or even chat with anyone! That includes me!

See you around!

Back