• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! My name is...what? My name is...who? My name is...

Years
  • I honestly don't give it much of a thought these days. Used to be a big deal to me a few years ago but, well, not anymore. Most people I've known over here know my real name. At least on my original account they do. My first name isn't really common. Nor is my last name. When combined, along with my original account's username, will easily land you on my facebook page.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I don't have any issues revealing my first name, since I chiefly go by my nickname anyway (psst, it's Jo). And no, there's no "e" at the end, which is something people seem to have a hard time wrapping their heads around?? But I'm fairly sure my name is common knowledge amongst the people I chat with regularly. It's not something I feel the need to conceal, really. My first name in it's entirety, however, I'm just a bit protective of. I don't mind people knowing, but I'm not going to tell unless I'm asked.

My last name on the other hand is something I take care to hide for privacy reasons. I suppose it's not the biggest deal ever, but for my own peace of mind I don't need people knowing that kind of information. I have enough anxiety as it is, haha.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I've not known anyone over the internet enough to tell them my real name unfortunately. But if they go ahead and tell me theirs, I'd be obliged to tell me mine. Other than that, I wouldn't do it.

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • I don't have any issues revealing my first name, since I chiefly go by my nickname anyway (psst, it's Jo). And no, there's no "e" at the end, which is something people seem to have a hard time wrapping their heads around??

My nickname is Joe. With an 'e' at the end. Which people always seem to have a hard time remembering, and there's been countless times I've received a bit of paper back from a teacher back in high school with 'Jo' written on it. *grumble*

But no, I don't have a problem with revealing my full name online. It's in my about me, and all. I just personally feel secure enough about my financial accounts (no money lol), home address and everything to not worry. But I do understand that those issues cause some people a great deal of disturbance, and I don't judge.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • I don't care. My first name is Ashley, most people just call me Ash.

It's such a common name that being anon isn't that important.

Back