• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hi there!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    hi! i'm shamus24, and i'm sort of new here! i lurked here a while before, looking at the hacks and then forgot about this place. there's obviously a whole lot more i can say here, but i'm sure that can all trickle out in due time rather than in some intro thread.

lately i've had a bit of an itch for the hacking scene and returned to finally create an account, so here i am i guess. hopefully i'll put some sort of content out soon :)

Years
  • Hey there shamus24, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Nah, it's okay! Feel free to tell us all about yourself, as that is what we have The Welcome Lounge here for! n_n I'm sure the members here would be more than glad in getting to know you, regardless of how long or short your intro thread is, so feel free to tell as much or as little as you want to about yourself!

And I see you're into ROM hacking.. if you haven't already done so, be sure to check out our very own Emulation & ROM Hacking section here on PC, and over there you can find inforation on how to download other members' hacks or even showcase your own hacks! :]

As a reminder, though, please be sure that you look at the rules here on PC, so that you do not wind up getting into trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here is new members getting an infraction on their profile by simply breaking a small rule :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff (users with the bold usernames), and they would be more than glad to help you out anytime you have a question or concern about the community! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, shamus24! You are more than welcome to send a friend request to me if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome to either leave a VM on my profile and or send me a PM if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • *squee* I'm glad you're finally having a vast interest in ROM Hacking, as PC has a great section on that! Welcome aboard to the community, great friend. <3

As you can see, we do have an Emulation & ROM Hacking section, where you can find pretty much anything to create a ROM hack of your own. :D If you're looking for tools, tutorials, tips on getting started, help on getting started, you'll find it all there. You can even find some tricks and shortcuts while you're at it. And maaaaaaybe try out a game that's out on beta right now! Eeyup! That's a lot of things to do in the ROM Hacking area, but outside of that, there's still a ton more to do. :D

If you do start making a hack, I wish you all the best of your success and hope it all goes very well! Have a great time here at PC and see you around <3

Years
  • Welcome. cx how are yoooou? yay another person is interested in ROM hackinggg. hooray c: well since your here check out all the sections and maybe youll find out you like some more parts :) if you ever wanna talk, send me a friend request or a message ^o^

Years
  • I'll consider you new since you only now joined us, though lurking certainly brings about a lot of experience. I was a big lurker from 2006-2011 so it took me a whopping five years to get involved in things here. :D; Welcome!

Hacking is ever so awesome. Our Emulation board is likely one of the most well-known places on the forum and there are always new people looking to get involved in making their own hack. All of that attention brought about some helpful tutorials for you lovely aspiring hackers! Do you have any ideas for a game yet or do you mostly just play the ones that are available to us? Exploring around wonderful areas like the Toolbox and Tutorials subforums is more than worth it for someone looking to learn the ins and outs of hacking and will most certainly teach you a whole lot. I'm sure a lot of people will be available to help out when needed, too, though sadly I am not one of them since I don't hack.. :( But I'm here to help you anytime if you need it! Any hacking board queries can be directed to our wonderful DrFuji and giradialkia as they're the moderators.. or "guardians", so to speak, of that board. They're very talented hackers themselves!

But like Meganium said, there is certainly a whole lot more to this place than just hacking. n~n; Our Pokemon discussions are very popular and always worth checking out, and since you're a Pokemon fan I'm sure you'll find lots to keep you occupied. This was quite a short-but-sweet intro but I wouldn't worry about not saying much more about yourself; you're right that the kind of person and fan you are will become evident in due time through other threads and locations around here. That's what will make it fun! :P If you're ever looking for a buddy you can contact any one of us and we'll be at your door to chat as soon as we can. We're generally a chatty community so anyone who falls in that category is always welcome, hehe.

See you arouuund, yeah?! Feel free to ask forum-related questions in the Questions & Feedback board, our regulars are always checking there to provide any assistance! Be sure to come out of that lurking phase now that you have an account since it really is so much more fun to post around.

Have fun and hope you have a great day! :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    hey yeah thanks for the warm reception, this seems like a great and vibrant community if these responses are anything to go by. i've been using a range of forums for a while now (like, a long while) so i'm pretty familiar with how most operate etc.

thanks again everyone, the level of enthusiasm here is great!

Back