• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there

Uiriamu

The Gamer
Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2013
    Hi guys. my name is Uiriamu. That's not my real name and you can make up a short nickname to call me if you wabt. doesnt matter to me. I've been a fan of pokemon sinve about age 8. My favorite trainer is Red as you can see from the signature and profile picture AND avi lol. Anyway i plan on becoming a pokemon rom hacker because i like to make games. play them. test them ETC. and plus I've heard it was pretty fun so i decided to try it out for myself. i haven't made any pokemon hacks yet. so I'm pretty much a beginner. currently gathering tools for my first poke hack attempt. i like having a lot of friends so I'm hoping to make some here. any advice on pokemon hacking is greatly appreciated. Well I'm rambling so that's pretty much it XD thanks for reading :O

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello Uiri (is that nickname good enough?) Welcome to PC!

I'm sure you've already found the Emulation & ROM Hacking section then. There are a lot of helpful tutorials in the dedicated subforum, and I hope you will learn a lot from reading what others have done as well as testing things out for yourself! If you feel daring, you might even want to check the Game Development section at some point. It's about all game creation that is not about hacks. Not quite the same thing at all, and some people prefer one over the other!

Other than that, if you like Red it seems you are a fan of the older generations of pokémon? A lot has happened and if you want to be up to date, our Pokémon X & Y section and Fifth Gen Gaming section has a lot of interesting info and discussions on news! But make sure to visit Pokémon General too, where we chat a lot about things that aren't related to gaming, both new and old things.

Heh, ok. I could bombard you with even more links but it'll actually be more fun for you if you browse the forums at your own pace. Hope you'll find enough friends and fun places to stick around for a while. Make sure to read the rules of each section you want to post in, and ask a moderator if there is anything you wonder. See you around~

Uiriamu

The Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2013
    Thanks for pointing all those out! I'll make sure to look into them. and yeah I'm not comoletely up to date just yet so i'll have to look at that X and Y thread x.x lol but anyway those links all look very helpful and don't worry i'll make sure to read rules :P nice nick name by the way. in gonna have to put that on my profile lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome aboard, sweetheart! It's a pleasure to meet you! :)

Rika pointed you out on some of the sections you will find interesting. Both ROM Hacking and Game Development sections are two sections you will find pretty interesting as they might contain the things you may need for your project. Most likely ROM Hacking since that's your specialty. You'll pretty much do it all at the ROM Hacking section, from storyline planning, to scripting, to mapping to even beta testing hacks. It's a large community and so many things to do, I don't think you'll finish them all in a day.

Also, when you're feeling like discussing anything Pokemon, you can visit Rika's section which is Pokemon General. She and her partner Brendino mod that section, and it's really awesome! PC also has other sections for gaming, roleplaying, fanfiction, anime TCG and off topic sections that fit your interest. <3

Anyways, hope you have a great time here! Feel free to drop a message on my profile so we can be friends & stuff. & Be sure to read the rules aaaand contact a staff member in bold names if you need any help!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hi Uiriamu. That's one nice Red in your avvy.
    ROM Hacking sure is popular in here, yes? I hope that you'll make one soon, who knows you'll make a good one! Anyway, you could befriend with us, we sure won't bite ya. Do your best and keep active at PC 'kay?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hi Uiriamu! Welcome to the PC family!

My good friends Rika or Red, told you about some good places already it seems. The Emulation & ROM Hacking section is a pretty popular section so there's a lot of things to look for there. As Rika mentioned, you can find a good amount of tutorials, resources, and tools needed to build a hack. If you have any other questions on ROM hacks, you can always contact one of the moderator of the section, giradialkia and Dr. Fuji. There's lots of other places to check out too. The newer games are great in my opinion generation 5 really impressed me. And X and Y look just as good too, maybe even better! They look really promising so I definitely recommend looking into them. They don't come out till October 12 ( They both release on the same day worldwide! Simultaneously! ) so you have plenty of time to learn about them and speculate/talk about them! Of course you can talk about older games too. We have Metal & Color Generation Gaming and B][Advanced Generation[/B] for that. There's also many other sections for Pokemon here and also for many other off-topic stuff not relating to Pokemon as well.

Have a wonderful time here! I'm always up for making new friends so feel free to VM me or PM me. Or you can add me a friend too! As already suggested, you can contact the moderators or other staff in bold if you need help. See ya!

Years
  • Heeey Uiriamu, welcome to the forum! <3

I'm not a hacker myself but from the looks of things our amazing members already provided you with a ton of helpful links; those will definitely help you out! You can even check out the wonderful Help Recruitment thread if you're looking to get a team together to help you get started, though since many of our hackers are busy with current projects you might have to be a bit patient for a reply. It's still an amazing start, though. :o I used to want to hack waay back in 2006 when I just found PC thanks to Shiny Gold.. but that never really went anywhere, haha. Nowadays I prefer playing hacks and fangames more than making 'em.

How has your hacking journey been going so far? Hopefully you've been enjoying your time on PC and keep checking back! I'm always around to be your friend if you like so don't hesitate to leave a message on my profile. We're honestly all very, very friendly.

Red is definitely one of the cooler Pokemon NPCs/characters as well and I'm still ecstatic about that new Pokemon Origins special that'll be coming out in a few months. We finally get to see Red and Green, eee! Though I still preferred his manga design more than the FR/LG design.

Anyways, have an amazing time on the forum, all right?!

Uiriamu

The Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2013
    Wow so many replies! thank you guys . I've been having a great time here. There's a lot of intresting stuff this forum has shown to me and I'm really glad i joined haha. i'll make sure to friend all of you so we can keep in touch :Dalso thanks for all the advice

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Hello Uriamu, love your signature it is a quote that I adore. Well I hope you make a really good hack, I will definitely play it (only if its in engrish) and we all have to start somewhere so atleast you are starting here :D WELCOME AND ENJOY YOUR STAY

Back