• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi :)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    Hi, I'm new. I used to play Pokemon as a child with my brother, and at one point, we were a bit obsessed. :P This looks like a nice forum. :)

Question:
    While browsing the forum, I noticed an "inappropriate" signature ("This signature has been disabled.") BBCODE. I'm well aware that it's a custom one, and I'm wondering if an admin (or someone else who is knowledgeable about the matter) could let me know how I could go about creating one of my own? I know the basics of creating one, but I've never seen one exactly like yours before :).

P.S: my activation email went to my spam box. That doesn't usually happen to me when I register for vB forums. You might want to check on that.

Years
    Hi there! I'm new here as well! I have no idea what the answer to your question is, but welcome to the forum I've been on for a whole day :D

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
    I joined about 4 days ago too! Welcome to the Forums! This is an awesome place I know that you will love it here!

Do you like a certain type of Pokemon? Do you use a certain type while battling or anything like that?
    I love the Normal and Ghost types, they are awesome :3 I hope to get to know the both of you really well. Add me as a friend if you would like, I will see you around! :)

Years
    Hi JessJ, welcome to PC! Hope you browse around and see what we have to offer here! And do you still play Pokémon, out of curiosity? :L

Anyways, to answer your question, I'm not certain on how the signature disabling is coded, but I can let you know that the tag is used on a member's signature if one of us on staff catches a signature breaking any of the signature rules we have here.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I joined about 4 days ago too! Welcome to the Forums! This is an awesome place I know that you will love it here!

Do you like a certain type of Pokemon? Do you use a certain type while battling or anything like that?
    I love the Normal and Ghost types, they are awesome :3 I hope to get to know the both of you really well. Add me as a friend if you would like, I will see you around! :)

No certain types, and this probably sounds cliche, but Pikachu has always been my favorite. I've also always liked Squirtle and Ditto.

Hi JessJ, welcome to PC! Hope you browse around and see what we have to offer here! And do you still play Pokémon, out of curiosity? :L

Anyways, to answer your question, I'm not certain on how the signature disabling is coded, but I can let you know that the tag is used on a member's signature if one of us on staff catches a signature breaking any of the signature rules we have here.

Thanks anyway! I viewed the source code and I think I may understand now.
    I don't have any of the newer games, but my brother and I do have the old school N64, GB, and GBA/GBSP games :D. I think the Pokémon Fire Red and Leaf Green are my favorites.

Hey there Jess! Adorable little avatar you have there. <3

Liking Pikachu is totally not cliche at all. The little guy's one of my favorites as well and has been since I was about 7 or 8 years old! He's a staple of the franchise and is one of the cutest Pokemon ever, eee. You should totally try out the newer games when you can. They're definitely different than the older generations but are definitely worth playing. :) The stories throughout the games are generally a lot better and more prominent now, and the artwork is especially gorgeous! Pokemon X and Y are especially lookin' fabulous - you should look into those sometime just to know about them. They'll be main series games completely done in 3D so it's nothing that we've ever gotten before when it comes to the main series. But since you're clearly more into the earlier generations, you'll love our boards dedicated to the first three generations of Pokemon! Be sure to stop by those. You can discuss FR/LG in our wonderful Advance Generation Gaming board, for example.

You can ask CSS and other forum-related questions in our Quick Questions & Answers thread so I'd recommend checking that out if you're confused about how to code a certain style of signature. The Signature Rules & Regulations thread would be the go-to thread for asking if your signature is within the set rules, though, so that's another must-see if you don't really know what would be permitted and not. Our staff are always here to answer questions if you'd rather poke someone about the issue privately, so there's also that to utilize. Glad to see you have an idea of how the code should work for the most part. View source is always so helpful. :3

Have a great time on the forum, girl! You seem super sweet so it would be sad if we lost you.. stick around for a long while, okay?! You'll definitely enjoy PokeCommunity regardless of if you have or haven't played Pokemon for a while. And there are so many great people to meet as well! See you around~

Back