• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

High School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaegir

Yes
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2015
    Well starting tuesday I become a Junior.
    two more years.
    then im out!
    how bout you pc?

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Starting a week ago, I'm a Freshman. Yayz!

There are so many people. O_o

And my English teacher really sucks, she's one of those elitist class hole type of people. One of our assignments is to attend a "cultural" event, which is basically any non-comedic play or the opera. WTF? She even said that Oktoberfest didn't count because they served food there. Again, WTF? I don't know about you, but drama and opera are not part of my culture. What a class hole.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    Startimg on Tuesday I will be a freshmen in a technical high school specializing in computers. And if they let me use my laptop for some of the stuff that means i can use WLM baby.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I win, I'm already over and done with it. I graduated high school in the class of '07, so I basically just finished my first year of university. I don't miss high school, either. I'm so glad to be out. 8|

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Freshman starting on Thursday. Pretty sure it'll be even more annoying than middle school, and at least ten percent of the people will be more idiotic than I could possibly imagine.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I was out of highschool around 3 years ago. I never really liked it though. :\

Highschool to me was when everyone I knew seemed to change. D: So I'm pretty much glad to be out of there. :x

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm going into my junior year of high school in two days. D: I just hope it's better than last year was, the year where most people I know changed (mainly for the worst). Part of me can not wait until I graduate, although there's still a part of me that's really enjoying high school.

The thing I'm most nervous about, though, is my schedule. We don't get it until the first day of school here, so I don't know who's in my classes, when my classes are, and who my teachers are. >:|

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'M A SENIOR :D! CLASS OF 2009 WHOOTWHOOT.
    I loved high school, it's been a really fun time for me. I just wish I would have worked harder the other years so I didn't have to stress all this semester to get good grades and do better on my ACTs :'D not trying hard can and will bite ya in the butt ;;!

as for right now, I've just finished my first week of senior year. I love all my classes and teachers so it should be a fun year.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    And my English teacher really sucks, she's one of those elitist class hole type of people. One of our assignments is to attend a "cultural" event, which is basically any non-comedic play or the opera. WTF? She even said that Oktoberfest didn't count because they served food there. Again, WTF? I don't know about you, but drama and opera are not part of my culture. What a class hole.
    Man, that's even worse than my freshman English teacher. >_< If I were you I'd go to a baseball game or some other sporting event, now there's an integral part of American culture! I'm lucky enough to have an awesome English teacher this year. He's a drama teacher, but the good kind: the kind that specializes in comedies and film as well!

I'm entering sophomore year at the best high school in the friggin' country! If you wish to argue that "best in country" claim, send me a PM.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I'M A SENIOR :D! CLASS OF 2009 WHOOTWHOOT.
    I loved high school, it's been a really fun time for me. I just wish I would have worked harder the other years so I didn't have to stress all this semester to get good grades and do better on my ACTs :'D not trying hard can and will bite ya in the butt ;;!

as for right now, I've just finished my first week of senior year. I love all my classes and teachers so it should be a fun year.
    I'm with Kelsey on this one; Class of 2009 rocks!
    I'm enjoying my Senior year pretty darn well. I love the fact that the Freshmen get out of your way and you can just easily stroll down the hallways. All of the teachers seem to know you, so you get excuses to leave class all the time! It's beautiful really. :'D
    (Plus we get to eat outside now, that's pretty fun I guess)

The only down side is that I decided to take it easy this year and not take any AP courses. :O
    (School is actually quite boring when one is not challenging themselves!)

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    Became a Junior two weeks ago; still have lots of anxiety.
    World Geography has a lot of kids in it (I hate crowds), and it's hard to pay attention in class.
    Math class is harder than last year, of course, but it deals with math problems about life this time. (like sales tax, prices, annual wages, etc.)
    It's hard to pay attention in PLATO, too. Thank goodness the teacher gives me special accomidations...(sp)
    Directed Studies (Study Hall) is a lot like last year, but with my English teacher teaching and in a different class. More students in a crowded room make it stressful sometimes.

The school assembealy (sp) of the first day of school was very loud and crowded. Some kids that sat around me teased me and bothered me for a while.
    Being in school is like facing my disabillity face to face and having to fight it all the time. ;\

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    been out a few years now,. Oh my how things have changed. high school was where I had some of the best times of my life: early crushes, my first date/love, the one history class where the teacher was almost senile and gave us test answers during the tests, bowling in the hallways, seeing 75% of my class in the same detention for going off-campus for lunch... Ah those were the days....
    * continues reminiscing whilest slowing swinging on a swing as the camera slowly zooms out to a lovely sunset behind the house....*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Freshman, sophomore, junior, senior... What do you Americans go around calling it if you go to a school with more than just secondary years?... No, that wasn't rhetorical.

America's obsession with giving everything curious names aside, by the time I actually got to secondary school, I was already becoming more disillusioned at education, which had just become much more demanding. Also, everyone changed while I didn't, so I was rendered friendless. The rest of this little story I'd rather keep to myself.
    I've actually left school entirely now and am starting college next week.

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    Another '09er here! :'D
    So far, it's freaking hard! D: My school has this really awful Career Pathways thing that they're doing that is REQUIRED for graduation, and it's SO MUCH WORK! And the only reason they have it is because they assume that you have absolutely no idea what you're going to do after high school, and that it's their job to make sure you do! I hate it, there is so much extra work involved [and I'm taking such hard classes already!] It makes me want to burst out in tears, I have no idea how I'm going to get through it =[

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I dunno what it is in American language but I'm going back to college for my second year taking my A Levels. Well, I went back today haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back