• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

High Speed Make-a-Mega - Submit Mega Parasect Designs!

Which Stat Spread Should Mega Parasect have?

• [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9906788&postcount=47"]Option One[/url]

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • [url="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9907191&postcount=50"]Option Two[/url]

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • One second, I forgot to allow multiple choices, just fixing that. Don't vote until I have.

Edit: Okay, now you can vote.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    dang I forgot to submit an ability and now we get all these suboptimal abilities

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    nice we're stuck with 505 BST if we're going conventional Mega

60/145/120/60/100/20

you can use it on trick room teams

but it has no ghost STAB lol

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Ghost Stab doesn?t matter all that much to me but is why I voted Pure Bug. No point in giving it Ghost Typing if it can?t learn Ghost moves in the first place. Sqwerty?s stats aren?t bad but 20 Speed is concerning. Already bad enough at 30... you want to make it slower? Granted... I don?t know why I?m complaining. We?re outsped if we?re 20 or 30 so we might as well buff other aspects heh.

Years
  • Ghost Stab doesn?t matter all that much to me but is why I voted Pure Bug. No point in giving it Ghost Typing if it can?t learn Ghost moves in the first place. Sqwerty?s stats aren?t bad but 20 Speed is concerning. Already bad enough at 30... you want to make it slower? Granted... I don?t know why I?m complaining. We?re outsped if we?re 20 or 30 so we might as well buff other aspects heh.

He designed it with Trick Room in mind.

HP: 60
    Atk: 155
    Def: 120
    Sp. Atk: 30
    Sp. Def: 110
    Spe: 30

Wanted to differentiate myself a bit from qwerty but honestly his idea was similar to mine, he just got in first. Took from Sp. Atk because it has no real need for Giga Drain since any of its moves that make contact will now replenish health and Leech Life will be its primary STAB, but it still has access to Seed Bomb to provide Grass coverage if needed. I didn't bother with its speed because it doesn't make much of a difference once you get to a tier that low to be a few points in either direction and I definitely wasn't wasting the limited number of points available to try and make it faster when it'd still be too slow to be useful - that was better invested in improving damage output and bulk.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I was going to propose 75 HP/150 Attack/120 Defense/30 Special Attack/110 Special Defense/20 Speed for 505 base stats. Namely more into life and less into Speed. Figure that since we're outsped, makes no difference what our speed is going to be and with the higher life pool means that we're able to absorb more damage.

Of the two options though, 1 seems to be the best.

Years
  • I was going to propose 75 HP/150 Attack/120 Defense/30 Special Attack/110 Special Defense/20 Speed for 505 base stats. Namely more into life and less into Speed. Figure that since we're outsped, makes no difference what our speed is going to be and with the higher life pool means that we're able to absorb more damage.

Of the two options though, 1 seems to be the best.

The problem with that is that you can't increase max hp with mega evolution.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • The problem with that is that you can't increase max hp with mega evolution.

One can dream heh. I suppose if I was to create a valid one, I'd put more emphasis on Defense. Its ability to recover life(with Leech Life really amplifying it), would turn it into a pretty good tank against everything but Fire, Rock and Flying Types(plus Ghost and Dark thanks to its Ghost Typing).

Years
  • Spoiler:

I decided to go for a hollowed out, mutant-husk-zombie kind of deal. The fungus has done its thing now there's nothing but a withered corpse left being possessed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • High Speed Make-a-Mega - Submit Mega Parasect Designs!

quick notes:
    > inspired by soulsap(tm)
    > it's not too obvious but i made the mushroom bigger
    > also the pincers..........claws....things....
    > it's not exactly a mega worthy thing lmfao but i loved drawing it

Last edited:

DreamTeam

The Guardian
    Years
    • -
    • Seen Sep 6, 2018
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Megas don't have to be grand. Take Sableye, for example. :P There isn't much difference but I still love how it turned out!

Anyway, these look great! Kitty's gives me such Drawn to Life vibes, haha. ?

Back