• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Highest Level for the Elite Four?

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    What was the highest leveled Pokemon you ever had when you got to the Elite Four? This question is more directed to the first time you get to the Elite Four in the games. Also, what do you think was your highest average team level?

Conversely, what was the lowest leveled Pokemon you used for the Elite Four challenge? And what do you think was your lowest average level for the Elite Four?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think I remember using a level 60+ Swampert in my first Sapphire playthrough against the E4. The rest were at level 58 to match the level of Steven's Metagross.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    My Feraligatr was level 72 by the time I fought the E4 for the first time on Heart Gold, didn't have any other team members besides from Ho-Oh though and I only used him once or twice at the most lol. By the rematch round though all my guys were around level 85 at the very least and it was a full team of 6 this time around lol.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I think it was a level 60+ Blaziken or Groudon in Ruby. Other than that I've been right around their levels, or underleveled and just took advantage of type differences. Had I not lost my Blue, I probably would've have a level 85+ Charizard haha (I didn't understand English that well back then so around the fifth gym all I did was grind..)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    It was lvl 80 Typhlosion in SS or lvl 80 Charizard in FR. Can't remember. Al least I have always one ~70 lvl Pokémon in my team when first time taking Pokémon League challenge.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Well in my first runs I've already had really underleveled Pokémon :D
    But in the recent games I have overleveled Pokémon xD
    And the highest level was 80 (all my team) in my Expert Emerald hack run.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    My highest was when i played pokemon ruby around the age of 6...
    i had a level 96 blaziken...(only pokemon i used so thats why i lost against the elite for)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Lv74 in Blue. Because the original Player's Guide suggested you be around Lv74 so you can finish off the rival's Pokemon in two or three hits, or some wording like that. It took days and days of level grinding in Victory Road, not something I'd ever want to repeat xD

I haven't done level grinding that extreme since, lol

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Since I don't really spend time getting the extra levels unless I have a new addition to my team that needs to be caught up, I'm usually a little underleveled by the time I get to the E4...but averaged out, usually wind up in the early 40's.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Usuaully I'm about level 60/70, I like to grind a lot. In Black and White due to my Pokemon being at a type disadvantage (four fighting-weak & Marshal, yeaaah), probably about 70-80. Idk lowest might've been 40 maybe? Quite risky imo going below 60!

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    a lv80+ kadabra i think, maybe it was 82. idk
    it was in gold, and i was so young!

PaperNapkin

Owner of Red Hair.
    Years
  • Well considering on my first playthrough of Red I focused entirely on leveling my Charmander, I think I was around level 70 possibly even early 80's. I also had a bunch of random pokemon, anywhere from level 10 to 30 to use as death fodder if I needed to revive my Charizard.

katiekun11

I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!
    Years
  • Around the same level as the Elite 4's Pokemon usually, 2 or 3 under Champion!

For Black I beat the game in a day (yes, I was obsessed) & my Pokemon were level 44-47. I'm not sure how I managed to do it really, especially against N & Ghetsis (I didn't even swap one of my Pokemon with Reshiram, I send it right to the PC box by clicking on 'No' by accident!). My Victini had 1 HP left after the battle with Ghetsis &, like an idiot, I'd forgotten to buy healing items at the shop just before I entered the league... so I couldn't even heal up my Pokemon after defeating each member of the Elite 4!

Never again!

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Highest Leveled Pokémon:

A level 100 Swampert. When I was younger I would only train starter Pokémon, so it was rather easy to get him there. To this day that was the only Pokémon I've legitimately trained to level 100.

Highest Average Team Level:

In the 80s when playing through rijonAdventures X. Never in my life have I had to grind so much, but in retrospect, it ended up helping me immensely.

Lowest Leveled Pokémon:

Using a level 30 Shelgon in Emerald, trying to evolve it. Yeah, not a good idea. :laugh:

Lowest Average Team Level:

All level 40s in Crystal, but even then I managed to beat the league with no problems.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • In FireRed, I tried to solo with Venusaur, but eventually gave up on that. But it was level 70 something when I went to fight the E4. Lowest...probably in Ruby or Sapphire, I used to accept level 45 as okay. Not anymore though, lol. I usually go in around 50 nowadays.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • In my first ever Elite 4 attempt in Diamond I managed it in 1 with my highly-overleveled Empoleon named Bob (lvl 80 at this point), who I trained in Victory Road for days. Then about 2 days ago I reset my SoulSilver, which had my Empoleon. I forgot to transfer it to Black, it was my first ever Pokemon. :'(

Back