• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Hiker David's Photo Album [A "Spot the Difference" Game]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024

Every 48 hours, a pair of photos will be posted, with 7 differences between them. You may use any photo-editing program or app to circle these differences and PM them to Juno.

All 7 differences need to be spotted to complete the puzzle. Each tribe can collectively submit 3 attempts per puzzle, so I strongly suggest you communicate with your tribe members before sending your solution in!

Click here for an example of what the puzzles will look like, and what your submitted answers may look like.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Need help with crystals/points system! Please keep the following things in mind:

- I think these puzzles are deceptively harder than they may look - I have an example linked in the post that shows what they will look like so please keep this in mind, if the effort:points ratio is unfavourable that will probably discourage people from trying.

- I feel like once you get to around 4-5 differences it starts to gets tricky - I don't want to reward people for every difference they spot but I think if they reach maybe 4 they can get some amount of participation points?

- the Tapus will not be too difficult to spot if they are included, but only one person will get these bonus points.

- is the system similar to the House Points system we had last time around, in that people work together to earn points for their tribe? Last time in some events, we had some issues with people just sharing answers once they figure them out and mass-PMing them to earn points quickly, what measure can we take (while still keeping the above concerns in mind) to prevent or discourage this?

Last edited:
    Years
  • You can't give x points to a tripe for every person to complete the puzzle because of the system we're using. Unless maybe we do a normalium for every person to finish.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Awarding personal points would be tricky as Juno said. These Get Togethers tend to become rather competitive and it would be hard if not impossible to prevent people from sharing their finds behind your backs.

What do you think of having people work together with their tribe, and then awarding points to the first team that (completely) solves each puzzle?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Awarding personal points would be tricky as Juno said. These Get Togethers tend to become rather competitive and it would be hard if not impossible to prevent people from sharing their finds behind your backs.

What do you think of having people work together with their tribe, and then awarding points to the first team that (completely) solves each puzzle?

That would work.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I think that would be the best solution, and simplifies things. My only concern with no individual rewards is some people don't like working with others/maybe members who don't have many friends on PC will be discouraged from playing if there's no incentive for playing alone.

You guys will have final say in which crystal(s)/points are rewarded, right? Can we do it this way or is it too many crystals:

[x (biggest) reward] for first team to send in completed puzzle
    [x (smaller) reward] for first team to find the Tapu in the completed puzzle
    [x reward] for other teams that send in completed puzzle

Ideally it'd be boiled down to 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st place (I see there are lots of crystals in the final points thread so I don't quite understand why awarding more than 1st place is discouraged in some events) but I see that most events only have one winner, so I'll leave that up to you.

There will be 6 puzzles total (one every 2 days) if the GT runs 12 days.

Years
  • I think that would be the best solution, and simplifies things. My only concern with no individual rewards is some people don't like working with others/maybe members who don't have many friends on PC will be discouraged from playing if there's no incentive for playing alone.

You guys will have final say in which crystal(s)/points are rewarded, right? Can we do it this way or is it too many crystals:

[x (biggest) reward] for first team to send in completed puzzle
    [x (smaller) reward] for first team to find the Tapu in the completed puzzle
    [x reward] for other teams that send in completed puzzle

Ideally it'd be boiled down to 4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st place (I see there are lots of crystals in the final points thread so I don't quite understand why awarding more than 1st place is discouraged in some events) but I see that most events only have one winner, so I'll leave that up to you.

There will be 6 puzzles total (one every 2 days) if the GT runs 12 days.

Originally we wanted to give points only to the 1st place to avoid mess with points (something that happened last year), but after seeing a lot of people wanting to have more that one place awarded, we decided to change it so 3 places will get points (in this case it could work that the way you described above).

Also GT will run for 10 days from 22 to 31.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hmmm given that VG Trivia from last year was made a group event from the collaborative participation from the houses, I don?t think there?d be any issues. If it does arise I?m sure we could work something out. I don?t see the harm in doing it the way you described.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    You can find your assigned crystals here. This looks ready to go!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024

For each round:

The first tribe to send in the completed puzzle will earn 10 points.
    The second tribe to send in the completed puzzle will earn 7 points.
    The third tribe to send in the completed puzzle will earn 5 points.
    The last tribe to send in the completed puzzle will earn 3 points.

REWARD

At the end of the Get Together, your points will be tallied, and crystals will be distributed as follows:

First Place: Lycanium Z (200)
    Second Place: Rockium Z (50)
    Third Place: Normalium Z (20)

TALLY

Check up on how your tribe is doing here!
    Standings last updated: n/a

Back