• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hints to pokemon yellow remake?

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I know it's probably not possible, but something about X and Y reminded me about yellow.

The updated pikachu cry, the legendary birds, mewtwo, and even the same layout of viridian forest.

All of these Kanto related things, paired with the pokemon special they had, and the starters given out, made me wonder; why?

Could it just be a throw back, or is there something more to these placements?

Would love to hear your thoughts! ^_^

Years
  • It's obvious that Pokemon X and Y have similarities with the first games(I read somewhere that they have a lot in common with Red and Blue). I think they did it to give a special treat to the "older" players of the game. I don't know if they do a remake of yellow but this time, I want an Emerald remake :)

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    I would be a little dissapointed in a yellow remake. R/S/E needs one, bad. It was a very beautiful game, and had one of the most fun legendary trios. ^_^

But, if they did make a yellow remake, maybe they could wait and make it their last pokemon title. Since yellow was supposed to be similar to the anime, they could include all the regions into the remake of yellow. It would be a massive exploration game, allowing you to go through the game like ash did!

Of course, there would be alterations. It can't be exactly like the anime. lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    To me it seems more like they gave pikachu a voice because ther the most recognizable pokemon/mascot of pokemon.

I also dont see them doing a remake of yellow as most seem to want Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald as the next remake.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I find R/S/E is going to be the next Remake, since the remake line is going in order as of now. LG/FR and the HG/SS? Surely there will be R/S/E remake coming.

Krio

Stoked For Pokemon PR!
    Years
  • I doubt yellow is the next remake, R/S/E is highly anticipated and there's a few references such as the the one where the guy said "Where I come from we have a hot spring right next to the Pokemon Center, and it's incredible!" and there's a few others. Plus, the first remake was fire red and leaf green, followed by heart gold and soul silver, logically ruby and sapphire should be next.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Having the
    Spoiler:
    reminded me of Gens I & II

Years
  • I would LOVE a yellow remake, think they missed out on an opportunity when they released the pikachu XL (I would have been happy if the original yellow had been installed on there, money maker!!!) but I think they will most likely do Hoenn beforehand :/

Pinta77

Awhile back, i would have said a yellow remake would be repetitive. However if it was 3d and looked like pokemon x & y do, then maybe it would be kinda cool. Although RS&E in 3d would be awesome too. Whatever is next, I'm looking forward to it. Z version will probably come first, but they will probably make at least one or 2 more generation 6 versions.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • A RSE remake is seemingly going to happen. I dont think a yellow will happen. However I hope they have a flying and surfing Pikachu

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Personally, I believe that hoenn remakes would be the next logical step, but I could easily see gen 1, or any other remakes as well. We'll just have to see what happens in the future I guess.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I will repeat myself as I have many times before.

Gen 3 doesn't need a remake like Gen 1 and 2 got because you can still transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 all the way to our current Gen 6. This was impossible with Gen 1 and 2 until the remakes came. Now we can get all the Pokemon.

A secondary thing I would like to note. You can use the argument that we can't play Gen 3 on the most current system, 3DS/2DS. If that is the case we can't play and Gen 1 games either. If Gen 3 gets a remake, Gen 1 should get one as well. As of today we can play Gen 2 (remake), Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6. This leaves Gen 1 and 3 needing remakes.

On a personal note Gen 3 is my least favorite. It's the only generation I have never finished. It is the awkward generation that was overall just lacking in almost every aspect to me. I feel as though many people value it because it's the first generation they played or really payed attention too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I will repeat myself as I have many times before.

Gen 3 doesn't need a remake like Gen 1 and 2 got because you can still transfer Pokemon from Gen 3 all the way to our current Gen 6. This was impossible with Gen 1 and 2 until the remakes came. Now we can get all the Pokemon.

A secondary thing I would like to note. You can use the argument that we can't play Gen 3 on the most current system, 3DS/2DS. If that is the case we can't play and Gen 1 games either. If Gen 3 gets a remake, Gen 1 should get one as well. As of today we can play Gen 2 (remake), Gen 4, Gen 5, Gen 6. This leaves Gen 1 and 3 needing remakes.

On a personal note Gen 3 is my least favorite. It's the only generation I have never finished. It is the awkward generation that was overall just lacking in almost every aspect to me. I feel as though many people value it because it's the first generation they played or really payed attention too.
    Although gen 1 isn't transferable to gen 6, we have heartgold and soulsilver which contain the majority of Kanto Pokemon so we can transfer these Pokemon quite easily. If Pokemon from that said region can't be found in the new region, or any title transferable to it, then there should be remakes, however, this isn't really the case as most are easily found including the legendary Mewtwo.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Although gen 1 isn't transferable to gen 6, we have heartgold and soulsilver which contain the majority of Kanto Pokemon so we can transfer these Pokemon quite easily. If Pokemon from that said region can't be found in the new region, or any title transferable to it, then there should be remakes, however, this isn't really the case as most are easily found including the legendary Mewtwo.

Playing a generation or it's remake is not just about the Pokemon. It's not roaming around a region that is completely different even though it looks the same.

To comment on the original post as I originally forgot too, I haven't noticed an excessive number of references to any particular generation. They all have a good number of references, it seems to be about equal. I think people are just picking up on those they want to see while disregarding the others.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    im not to hype up about remakes.. instead i want to play a pokemon game where you will journey across all known regions and defeat all gym leaders and their respective elite fours and become the pokemon master

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Playing a generation or it's remake is not just about the Pokemon. It's not roaming around a region that is completely different even though it looks the same.

To comment on the original post as I originally forgot too, I haven't noticed an excessive number of references to any particular generation. They all have a good number of references, it seems to be about equal. I think people are just picking up on those they want to see while disregarding the others.

I guess that's true, but then again, can't you just play firerd or leafgreen, for the actual story?
    Also what you said about people only seeing what they want to see is very true. I was even doing it when I saw the hoenn references this design, without even acknowledging the other references :P

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The only thing significantly different between Red/Green and Yellow is that damn unevolveable Pikachu, which is something I definitely wouldn't want to use. We're fine with just FR/LG for now.

Back