• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    cuteness overload AHHHHHH :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    seriously though, without a doubt they make it in to my top 10 (as a trio, not individuals)

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
    I always find it amusing where Game Freak gets its inspiration for some of these newer Pokemon. This just makes me love 'em even more!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like the fact that they have a cultural reference... which is probably what most of the other newer Pokemon will have, somehow.

The only issue with the monkeys? The head of the red one. D:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I also noticed that each monkey has a a little "Pedal" in it's tail with the fire one having 1, the grass one having 2 while the water one has 3 so I wonder if that has anything to do with their pokedex order at all :)?

The Red Chain

I'm posting my love for sea monkey here as well~

I love love loveeee this thing! Sea monkeys were my favorite little "pets" as a kid, and now there is a Pokemon of one! <3 Beautiful bright blue color, adorable pose, and the closed eyes just sealed the deal for me.

The fire monkey's bashfulness is really cute, and Yanappu's neutral cheeryness is awesome. I'm glad they gave the three monkeys such distinct expressions and personalities instead of being boring. ^.^

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Baoppu looks o much better than the other two. I'll be using it instead of going with Pokabu so I can go with Tsutaaja and still have a Fire-Type.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh, I thought they had relation to cards - since one looks like clubs, one looks like a diamond and one looks like spades. Though the numbering order might make more sense. :x

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I want to find out if the Water monkey's evo will be able to learn Surf. If so I may have it on my team..

Years
    Oh, I thought they had relation to cards - since one looks like clubs, one looks like a diamond and one looks like spades. Though the numbering order might make more sense. :x
    They kind of do now that you mention it now we only need a forth monkey as Hearts :P
    Oh yeah these are the monkey's numbers (I was wrong with the numbering order thing XD) and rumored evolution descriptions according to Pokebeach:
    • Yanappu - Basic - Grass
    • 512/018 - ????? - Stage 1 - Grass: Same design as Yanappu but larger, with an Elvis forelock, more hair, and arrogant pose.
    • 513/019 - Baoppu - Basic - Fire: A monkey with an orange/red body with a flame-style hair and tail. It has a sleepy face.
    • 514/020 - ????? - Stage 1 - Fire: It is fatter than Grass evolution and seems confused. Tail and hair have flames. Red/orange color.
    • 515/021 - Hiyappu - Basic - Water: A monkey that's cheerful and has fountain-shaped hair. Light blue color.
    • 516/022 - ????? - Stage 1 - Water: The most sociable of all these monkeys, it has a somewhat rasta hair style. Light blue color.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Now we've got two lovable hot headed monkey's

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Instead of diamond, I think the two leaves on Yanappu looks like a heart. But yeah, I think this was the intention of the tails.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    Well it seems like this Monkey Trio is based on the Three Wise Monkeys.

Yanappu, with its mouth open, represents "Speak No Evil."

With its hand by its ear, Baoppu represents "Hear No Evil."

Hiyappu, with its eyes closed, represents "See No Evil."

These GameFreak guys are geniuses! :)

P.S. Information taken from Bulbapedia.

Pay attention to the tails of the monkeys.

Water Monkey = Clover
    Fire Monkey = Spade
    Grass Monkey = Heart

Years

Water Monkey = Clover
    Fire Monkey = Spade
    Grass Monkey = Heart
    Yup now we only need a Diamond, though they are also numbered in the order the trainers we lined up in the video with the Fire first, then dento (who was in the middle) and then the Water monkey owner :P

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    Thank The Lord Game Freak didn't do their studying in Green Hell; else they may have added a fourth monkey concept:

(Spoiler + age-appropriate tagged for mild adult reference content - nothing terrible though)

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Water Monkey = Clover
    Fire Monkey = Spade
    Grass Monkey = Heart
    Actually I already said that :x

Instead of diamond, I think the two leaves on Yanappu looks like a heart. But yeah, I think this was the intention of the tails.
    ...yeah I typo'd diamond as hearts. XD;;;
    /fail

Buuut yeah. So maybe the evolutions will represent kings and queens, so Elvis being the king of pop or something - being Yanappu's apparent evolution, might make sense.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Thank The Lord Game Freak didn't do their studying in Green Hell; else they may have added a fourth monkey concept:

(Spoiler + age-appropriate tagged for mild adult reference content - nothing terrible though)

Spoiler:

LMAO, I wonder what type that would have been... XD

Back