• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • I like the grass monkey thus far. Hopefully it actually is Dento's pokemon so we can have a Grass Gym leader at the beginning of the game instead of the Rock Leader(G/S/C excluded).

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • Yes! This gen is amazing me with each new Pokemon. :)
    Looks like an Aipom counterpart, which isn't surprising since many Pokemon in this gen seem to be distant relatives of other Pokes.

My guess is we'll be seeing these guys in trees if Headbutt makes a return.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love this design... more so than the fake one we got a few weeks ago. I think it's obvious that this is going to belong to Dento in the anime. It's design has a few cooking references, and he is a waiter. He is quite affiliated with the color green, and the leaked figure were this one and Kibago, who belongs to Iris. I look forward to seeing this in every episode.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh I can see it getting haters easily. :(

It's nice that it's actually been confirmed after all this while. I sort of like it, yet I sort of don't. I dunno, there is something about its body - maybe it needs to be wider? I guess I can blame the fake scans for that. >____>; Either way, colouring is really good, better than expected.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I love this design... more so than the fake one we got a few weeks ago. I think it's obvious that this is going to belong to Dento in the anime. It's design has a few cooking references, and he is a waiter. He is quite affiliated with the color green, and the leaked figure were this one and Kibago, who belongs to Iris. I look forward to seeing this in every episode.
    I think so too, if so then both the toys were anime toys :P

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I love this monkey and I knew it was real! >: D

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The doll made it hard to imagine. The fake art from the fake corocoro scan sucks compared to the real thing. I love Bronkey even more now.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Now all we need is a sea monkey, and not a shrimp one but a water-type monkey Pokemon!

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • Hehe it's pretty awesome :D . Some off the new Gen 5 Pokémon are actually hideous like that weird Psychic blob thing, but this monkey, the Fire pig, and Wargle are the ones that stand out as genuinly cool designs :D .

Oh and the Legendary Dragons too, they're cool :) .

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • Waah! It has no puplis O_o
    I don't think i'll catch it,it looks annoying,like Chillarmy.
    I would like them to finally show us artworks of Tabunne,Basurao,Hatooboo and Darumakka. D:<

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I love how everyone is saying: "Oh boy! I wonder what it evolves into!"

Am I the only one with a bad feeling that this Pokemon might not evolve? I mean, it looks like a basic Pokemon with an evolution line, but then so did Aipom in Gen II.

Back