• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Eagledelt

=)?
Years
  • To be honest, I like the Grass Pokemon from this generation xD

First Tsutaja and now this one. If the others get better with evolutions, then I think it'll be a nice generation in terms of designs :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    It kinda looks like Aipom. I don't like Aipom, though xD But I really like this Pokemon, it looks cool.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • dont we have enough monkey pokemon. do we really need another??
    like which? i can only think of aipom and chimchar atm, but chimchar is a chimp.
    great to see another awesome grass type. it would be cool as somebody said before that it has a fighting type evolution, like breloom. it would be awesome to have a fighting mushroom and brocolli!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    like which? i can only think of aipom and chimchar atm, but chimchar is a chimp.
    great to see another awesome grass type. it would be cool as somebody said before that it has a fighting type evolution, like breloom. it would be awesome to have a fighting mushroom and brocolli!
    you forgot about mankey and primeape!

we got:
    mankey
    primeape
    aipom
    chimchar
    monferno
    internape
    ambipom

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I don't think it matters whether they're apes or monkeys.

However, the increase of monkeys isn't something I necessarily like. I'd rather if there were more of other creatures but you win some and lose some - what's important is that this new monkey is actually more appealing in colour than the other ones which just looked awkward (besides Mankey etc).

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I could state my opinion but its pretty obvious based on my signature of what I think of this new monkey.

I hope it evolves but not in the way Aipom does.

You'll probably be placing it in your signature soon, I guess. :)
    Anyway, I love the thing to bits! I was crazy over 'Burokko' and very sad that it was fake but, seeing this has brung my hopes up. Pokebeach made an interesting guess that Dento might own one as he could be a Grass Type Trainer and is a waiter (notice oven glove hands on Yamanappa :D).

I will definetly try to get this Pokemon on my team when I get Pokemon White!

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I love grass types :3
    I can't wait to try me some broccoli in my pkmn party.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • You'll probably be placing it in your signature soon, I guess. :)
    Anyway, I love the thing to bits! I was crazy over 'Burokko' and very sad that it was fake but, seeing this has brung my hopes up. Pokebeach made an interesting guess that Dento might own one as he could be a Grass Type Trainer and is a waiter (notice oven glove hands on Yamanappa :D).

I will definetly try to get this Pokemon on my team when I get Pokemon White!

Yeah I will add it into my signature soon lol

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    And again, I liked the fake artwork more than this one.

The Red Chain

Am I the only one with a bad feeling that this Pokemon might not evolve? I mean, it looks like a basic Pokemon with an evolution line, but then so did Aipom in Gen II.
    I gotta agree here. I don't think it's gonna evolve personally.
    But I don't deny the possibility.. it would definitely be interesting if it did evolve.. then again I think 90% of Isshu at this point doesn't evolve from the way they look.. I don't think it looks like broccoli on his head.. just like a pre-mature tree. If it does evolve, I too think it'll end up somewhat how Turtwig's evolution line did, due to that little tree on his head.

I never was a fan of chimp/monkey Pokemon until Chimchar, but I really like this little guy. <3

Oh and Chimchar is a chimp until Monferno. XD
    What classifies a chimpanzee is the lack of a tail along with other distincitive features.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    And again, I liked the fake artwork more than this one.
    I take it back.
    The fake one looks a bit fat...
    But the real one is an aipom clone.
    Hiyappu, Baoppu & Yanappu Discussion (new water/fire type monkey)

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    ...I don't think it matters whether they're apes or monkeys.
    Tell that to Jane Goodall.

They are both small monkeys. Other than that I don't really see any similarities. They both have different ears, mouth, eyes, feet, tails and hands.
    The ears look a little similar to me, but other than a general body shape they're really not very much alike, I agree. Besides, if and when Yanappu evolves, I think they'd probably make them much more unique. There's really only so much you can do in terms of "cartoonized tiny monkey." It seems to me that they've been making an effort to evolve weaker basic Pokemon in recent gens, so I see no reason why Yanappu shouldn't.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I really hope Brocco-monkey evolves into a big, thickset ape. I don't want another Infernape- or Ambipom-alike skinny monkey - I want a gorilla. And not a fat one like Slaking either. A big, hardcore gorilla.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I've already done my squeeing elsewhere.

But I still love this thing. At least now I don't have to research it if it was part of another media. Since it's a Pokemon, I can easily follow it.

I'm honestly thinking that this thing is going to be my favorite Pokemon of the Fifth Generation. It's a monkey with broccoli on its head and oven mitts for hands. Adorable!

And yes, I know that it's probably actually a tree, but Tree Monkey doesn't have the same ring to it as Broccoli Monkey, since "broccoli" is a hilarious word.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The figure one looks ugly... I didn't think he would turn out into this sweet and adorable Pokemon! I'm gonna catch one, even if it's not strong; at least The Pokemon Musical Show will welcome it. ;) For some reason I think Dento or Aloe might have it(game or anime), well just a hunch...

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • I would just like to say one thing: (Spoiled to shield young eyes from huge douche-ness)

Spoiler:

People saying Burroko could still be real just made me so mad, so I had to do that.

Anyways..

I love monkey Pokemon, every single one. I hope this ends up becoming a strong Grass/Fighting Monkey/Ape Pokemon! <3

Back