• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hmm, now what if...?

Years
a lot of them would probs die from walking passersby

what if pokemon kept its original franchise name of pocket monsters and never shortened it?

pkmin3033

People would have probably given it a silly acronym like "PokeMo" or "Pokmon" or something =/

What if people go their wish and instead of the Fairy type in Gen VI we got the Light type instead?

Years
well goodbye sylveon, hello suneon or some b*lls**t like that lmao. flash and morning sun/moonlight would absolutely be turned into light type moves, dragon type would still be overpowered, and rom hackers would have a field day.

what if pokemon started in the 1970s instead of the late 90s?

pkmin3033

We'd be on Generation XV by now. Otherwise? Absolutely nothing would have changed. Exactly like how nothing about the games has changed since the late 90s.

What if the fighting type didn't exist?

pkmin3033

Then it'd probably be like a superboss when you sprinkled water on it. xD

What if Dexit had never happened?

pkmin3033

Then we might actually get some good quality designs and not rubbish like the Popplio, Oshawott, and Froakie lines...to name but three lines. I could go on.

What if the core Pokemon titles became action RPGs?

Years
they'd lose me as a fan that's for sure lol (and possibly thousands of others)

what if all the pokemon movies were live action?

pkmin3033

They'd take a lot longer to make, cost significantly more, and we'd have more Pokemon in nightmare fuel form like we did for the Pikachu movie...but the voice acting might be better at least!

What if we're all just the fleeting daydream of an Arceus that is tricking us into thinking that the Pokemon world is fictional, when in fact we are the ones who are fictional, and the Pokemon franchise is our tiny glimpse at the true reality of the universe?

Years
i'd quit my job right now and buy all Arceus related paraphernalia, endlessly praying to Him in the hopes that i'd be transported into the true world.

what if our world worked like pokemon where there'd be different music playing on loop everytime we enter a city/route/building?

pkmin3033

...wait, you mean your world DOESN'T work like that? Wow... I guess we'd get fed up with some places pretty quickly, and wouldn't enter others at all?

What if Psyduck actually created the Pokemon Universe instead of Arceus?

Years
pretty much everything's the same, but now you gotta face off against a Psyduck while blasting the God music in Spear Pillar lmao.

what if digimon got more popular than pokemon?

pkmin3033

This world would be a much better place because time, effort, and a lot of thought goes into the Digimon games, which have a proper narrative and more engaging gameplay mechanics. So standards would be much higher than what Pokemon sets. Although I imagine Yokai Watch would also be more popular because Digimon is a franchise that has very much grown up with its audience, and with the quality of Digimon games being as high as it is, Pokemon would have been laughed out the door with its repeatedly poor titles.

What if Pokemon had never existed?

Years
damn that's some deep introspective. for sure we'd see this in a parallel universe.

speaking of, if pokemon never existed i'd prolly be doing something with my life than posting in this pokemon centric forum lol. that or i'd find a different obsession.

what is ash actually got to prof. oak's lab on time in the first anime ep, and got a charmander like he originally wanted (wait was charmander his first choice?)?

pkmin3033

He would have been obliterated by Brock and returned home in disgrace, saving us all a lot of time and bother. xD

What if Dexit is a thing in the next Pokemon games?

Years
people will still complain, but eventually accept it bcs there's literally nothing they can do about it lol. playerbase would drop for sure tho

what if pokemon only ever stuck with gameboy games?

pkmin3033

Nothing would have changed, because nothing has changed even though they've jumped platforms several times since then >.>

What if Pokemon Z was announced for Nintendo Switch as the next console title?

pkmin3033

We'd probably all be on Serebii forums...*shudder*

What if Denno Senshi Porygon had aired in the West after Japan?

Back