• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hmm, now what if...?

pkmin3033

It'd kill human children by slowly liquefying their insides after being licked, rather than sucking their life force as it carried them away.

What if Psychic/Dark/Fighting starters replaced Grass/Water/Fire?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Then I'd be so happy the stepped away from the overdone formula! Psychic type all the way!
...it would put me at a huge disadvantage since Dark is fully immune to that, but oh well.

What if Team Magma succeeded their evil schemes?

pkmin3033

There will be no water left on the planet and, whilst the landmass of the planet will be able to sustain the growing population, water will be so scarce it'll become the currency of choice and Team Aqua, the losers, will win in the end because they'll control who gets what is left of the world's water.

What if Sam Oak had become trapped in the future in the fourth Pokemon movie because Celebi was unable to be revived?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
I think he would be happy since he would get to see new pokemon than he could have ever imagined. Or at the very least get to see what the world looks like compared to where he came from.

What if Team Rocket didn't blast off again?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
They would no longer need to put in the effort of tracking back to the "twerps", meaning they can do trice the regular amount of schemes for stealing Pikachu.
...they still wouldn't succeed of course.

What if Pokémon Centers weren't free?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Then I think we would see an increase rate of trainers purchasing potions and revives along with having Elixirs in the marts.

What would happen if Pikachu wasn't the mascot?

pkmin3033

Clefairy would be the mascot instead and Pokemon would probably have a much more mature tone to it.

What if Ash actually achieved his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Then we could finally get a different protagonist.

Why does Brock hit on every person he sees?

pkmin3033

He's a stereotypical teenage boy from the late 90s. No more need be said.

Why does Professor Oak spend so much time around Delia Ketchum?

Last edited:
Years
She reminds him of his own daughter, who went missing while on her adventure many years ago.

Why can Rhydon learn Surf?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 12, 2023
Because it wants to become a water type.

What if Onix had a new evolution that made it into a crystal?

pkmin3033

It'd be even more FABULOUS than it already is...and also probably weak to fire.

What if the next core Pokemon title was a cloud-based game?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Then it would make everyone think the programmers were thinking out cloud.

What if the comic series was cancelled forever?

pkmin3033

Pretty sure nobody would notice because they're too busy watching the anime and playing the games.

What if the next Pokemon title was a Playstation 5 exclusive because Game Freak and TPC were bought out by Sony?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Then that would be bad since then I would have to buy a new console.

What if when the gen4 remakes come around, for some reason all the baby mons are completely excluded from the pokedex?

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
Years
I would be very confused, as there were a couple of Gen 4 baby Pokemon that would get removed as well, but I would learn to accept it over time, as I never really cared for them anyways. Unlike some people.

What if instead of Gen 4 remakes, we got ANOTHER Kanto remake.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Wow, everyone's dream come true! We'd be over the moon, showing our undying gratitude by dressing up as our lords and saviours Pikachu and Charizard!

What if Professor Oak never told you "there's a time and place for everything, but not now"?

pkmin3033

NPCs would go flying through walls in the Pokemon Center if you got your bike out, lose their heads if you faced them with a fishing rod, and the games would crash.

What if one of the Pokemon regions was in a Kingdom Hearts game?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Goofy, Mickey and Donald would be mistaken for rare Pokémon and captured in Master Balls!

What would happen if Pokémon took over the cities in every region?

pkmin3033

Who on earth would use a Master Ball on Donald?

Did you ever see the episode where a giant Tentacruel flooded the city? Imagine that, but every single day, on practically an hourly basis. With a different giant Pokemon every time.

What if Gen IX's gimmick was "Dynamin" and featured super tiny Pokemon?

Back