• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hmmm, it's getting late...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
  • Do you have a time of day at which you tend to "turn off" for the day? As in, after a certain point in the day, you tend to stop doing work or chores and start to kick back and relax until you decided to go to bed?

For example, in my home, I always remember 6-7:00PM always being about the time my family would lock the doors, turn off the porch light, and stop answering random calls. It was basically "This is our time to just tune out from the world until tomorrow." Even though we were still up and doing stuff, we just were "off".

So what is your "turn off" time? Do you even have one? Any special reasons why or why not?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Usually either 8pm or 9pm, depending on what time I finish work. The second I get home from work I plonk down into the armchair where I'm sitting now, open my laptop and pretty much post around here and talk to people until 2am :P. Trying to get me to do anything after this time is fruitless lol

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I was going to originally post saying no, because I do whatever I want at any time of the day. Then I was going to say yes, because I realized that most of the time, when I'm home, I tend to kick back and relax until I go to bed after around 2:00. But then I realized that most of the times, it revolves around the day of the week and what's on TV! I feel really pathetic saying that, but I turn off when my hardcore TV shows are on. This is usually around 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM, sometimes until 9:00 PM, and sometimes until 11:00 PM. I don't really count the time I spend on the computer to be turned off, because I'm usually always doing some form of work when I'm on the computer.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i get snuggled into bed at 10:30 or so and lay around a bit till i fall asleep. i usually text klippy till i fall asleep and we quote king of the hill. apparently it makes me tired idek. but yeah, i'm pretty much doing things all day and that's my wind down period.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I have a "turn off" time, I suppose, but my "turn off" times not specific enough to mention accurately. This usually happens whenever I want it to. It can happen at various times of the day, or just before I go to bed. But of course, I can't be relaxing when I have something important to do or when I'm caught up in any similar circumstances. Giving yourself a break is important, and this usually happens when I just want to relax and for a moment, just let go of everything, and give time to myself and/or my family.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Probably for my mom that'd be around 8/9, when we just settle in the home and turn on the cozy lights in the living room and close the curtains etc, we do still answer calls though.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    My turn off time is 8pm after my son goes to bed. After that, I really don't like to do much... RNG abuse doesn't count as doing much since I am sitting on my ass while doing it XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Usually around 9-10 PM, after that I'm usually still up for awhile but doing relaxing stuff like watching TV or listening to music. Then again, with no job, I'm really not doing much even during the day...

Ayselipera

Not really a set time... I mean when I come home from school I pretty much just veg out for the rest of the day which would be 2:30 pm lolol. If I get asked to do something during that time though I'll do it. There just really isn't anything for me to do around the house since I keep everything clean regularly so it's never a disaster that I have to stop and clean for while and any school work I have I manage to finish in school usually.

Plus I don't have hobbies to work on and I avoid everyone till it's heading towards eleven at night or midnight because I suddenly get the urge to go out late at night and I hate the daytime and my life is boring the end.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    There is no set time. I turn off when I'm doing what needs to be done for the day. So, if I finish at noon, I'll be done at noon. If I don't finish until midnight, well, I'll be up 'til midnight working to finish. Of course, I always turn off for a good half-hour break every know and again and smoke a joint, and then let that settle in and then head back to work, feeling relaxed and refreshed. :*)

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • Mine is usually around 11pm, because that's about the time that I get home from work, and wind down. I don't even clock out of my job until 10, and then I shop around, etc. Soooo past 11 is when I get to shut down and have time to myself. XD; This is why I tend to not sleep until around 3am. orz

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • I'd say at 11 PM, that officially becomes 'me time'. I'm usually in my room watching TV, surfing the net, watching anime, etc. It's almost like, the night is over, but 'my night' is just beginning.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Around 9PM. That's when I can finally start to relax and do random stuff. That's also usually the time I finish up most of any schoolwork and all.

Back