• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HO-OH or Lugia

murkage7

Maxwell leader of team Magma
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    in a battle who do you think would win?

Both lvl 100
    ho-oh-sunny day solarbeam sacred fire Fly
    lugia-Psycic Fly Auroblast(spelling) rain dance

Post yoru awnser and why

1KewlDude

Really busy... STRESS!!
    Years
  • Well I think Lugia would win... if it had a water-type move... Why have rain dance and not have a water-type move... it's silly really. Without the water move it's hard to say.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • in a battle who do you think would win?

Both lvl 100
    ho-oh-sunny day solarbeam sacred fire Fly
    lugia-Psycic Fly Auroblast(spelling) rain dance

Post yoru awnser and why

From the looks of this moveset, Ho-oh hands down because it can use Sunny Day and use Sacred fire, its not like Rugia is a water type Pokemon so that would be fine

:t354:TG

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Lugia all the way! His appearance is much cooler than that of Ho-oh. He starred in his own movie. He looks so much more powerful than Ho-Oh.

The list could go on but I don't want to kill you all with boredom so I'll stop.

Wh1teW01f

This is my "Awesome" face
    Years
  • Well Lugia would weaken Ho-oh's Fire type attacks and it's Solarbeam attack with Rain Dance in the first round if it goes last and then it would use Psychic take down its health and win the battle with Aeroblast with maybe 20-50 HP left.

Please do go on, Rekhyt, I am a major Lugia fan and an even bigger Ninetails fan.

Last edited:

murkage7

Maxwell leader of team Magma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    i forgot auro wasnt water i meant have a strong water attack in there so i guess hydro pump instead of auro

Aero Shock

Avalanche!
    Years
  • Including the type advantage, a single Aero-Blast/Hydro Pump should knock out Ho-Oh easily. Exluding type advantages the Ho-Oh would draw with Lugia, as there equally powerful.

jaimelectric

Has finally obtained all 493!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2011
    With their real movesets, Lugia hands down. I quite honestly find Ho-oh to be more of a novelty item, while Lugia has insane speed and defense stats. You can't argue with a tank. hahha

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Why would Lugia had Psychic instead of Hydro Pump?
    In this state I think Ho-Oh would have upper hand

STAB, dear. I actually don't see a lot of Lugia with Psychic, oddly enough. It's easy to forget he even is a Psychic type.

With the said movesets, Ho-oh, but with the stereotypical moveset that includes Lugia's Hydro Pump, then I'll say Lugia. I love both of them, though.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I love Lugia, so naturally I'd go with that instead of Ho-Oh.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • I say Lugia would win!

It would have a better chance of winning if it knew a water type attack, and since Lugia can learn some water attacks...

But still, with Rain Dance, that would cut down on Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire power and it could also cancel out Ho-Oh's Sunny Day/SolarBeam combo. And since Ho-Oh's a fire type if it was in the rain...it would be at an incredible disadvantage so Lugia should win.

Besides, Lugia's just AWESOME that way. ^^

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • With the given movesets, Ho-oh.
    But normally, Lugia, it's water moves give it the upper hand.

Now, this moveset is biased towards Ho-oh. He gets Solarbeam, Sacred Fire and sunny day. Sunny Day powers up Sacred Fire, and Solarbeam is a type advantage, I think.

Lugia gets Rain Dance, which will power up nothing. With no water moves it wouldn't stand a chance.

Back