• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn Champions: Steven or Wallace?

Steven or Wallace ?

• Steven

Votes: 110 84.0%
  • Wallace

Votes: 21 16.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
    Years
    Recently more and more People compare Steven with Wallace.Most of them say that Steven is cooler,but some people disagree with that and say that Wallace is better.

Personally I prefer Steven.Wallace seems a little weird in my opinion.

Which Hoenn Champion do you prefer?

Tell us what you think!!! :D

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I never got Emerald so Steven is the only Champ I ever faced. I'm not a huge fan Water types, and that is all Wallace used even though 4 of them where dual type. I liked Stevens team more with Metagross, Aggron, the fossils and Skarmory, didn't really care for Claydol though.

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
    I like Steven because I think Steel type are harder to deal with than Water types.Although the latter have only two weaknesses the best grass type in-game(Sceptile for RSE) can be gotten as soon as Oldale(Patience,but possible)

But I did like Wallace as Champion because Steven became a bigger threat

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Steven is a better character, as a champion, I think. Wallace didn't have a champion vibe, but I felt that he was a more difficult fight, mainly cause water types are very versatile and evil. But I'm going to vote for Steven, just cause I like him better.

Years
    I personally think that Steven was more Elite four champion material. . .He was awesome!! No other word for it really, whereas in my opinion wallace was, well a bit odd to be honest!

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I like both Steven and Wallace, but I prefer Steven as champion. I just found it a little difficult to believe that Wallace was champion over Steven (even if he does have type advantage). What I really disliked though was that Wallace was replaced by Juan. Wallace to me will always be the gym leader and contest judge ;)

Years
    Definitely Steven, he was more difficult to defeat. Besides, Wallace isn't really the Champion type.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I haven't battled either of them tbh because of stupid Victory Road

Anyway, I think Steven is better because he has a Skarmory and a Metagross XP;

Years
    I think Wallace is better, only because IMO water types are easier to take down. Steven is definately stronger and better fit, but I liked the easiness of Wallace.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Steven, Wallace is a bit showy for my taste... Plus Steel-types are better than Water-types.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I prefer Steven. He was more of a challenge to me than Wallace was.

qw13

Please do not read this text.
    Years
    I like Steven because I think Steel type are harder to deal with than Water types.Although the latter have only two weaknesses the best grass type in-game(Sceptile for RSE) can be gotten as soon as Oldale(Patience,but possible)

But I did like Wallace as Champion because Steven became a bigger threat

I OHKO'ed all of Jasmine's Pokemon. And Misty was my nightmare... She kept killing my team over and over. So, i think you can't counter Water easily while Steel has weaknesses. Also, i think Wallace looks like a Champion more than Steven. I think Steven should be last Elite 4 or last Gym Leader.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I OHKO'ed all of Jasmine's Pokemon. And Misty was my nightmare... She kept killing my team over and over. So, i think you can't counter Water easily while Steel has weaknesses. Also, i think Wallace looks like a Champion more than Steven. I think Steven should be last Elite 4 or last Gym Leader.
    Well there's difference =) Misty is simply overpowered in any game, in Kanto games it's overpowered though it's 2nd gym leader so you don't have so good team there and in Johto games she's overpowered just because she is Misty.
    However Jasmine is 6th gym leader of Johto and who doesn't know that Johto trainers are too easy...

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Wallace; I just like him more overall =/ To be honest, I barely remember Steven's team anymore

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I prefer Wallace, his team actually gave me a hard time, whilst Steven's just sat their and look my Fire Blasts! >: Wallace is also much cooler, and because of him becoming Champion, it allowed introduction of a new character; Juan. n_n

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    I like both. But I believe I have a little preference for Steven. Moreover, the iron type than the water type is more uncommon, so it's perfect for the final battle. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back